2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted

52 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Somebody's going to be out of their job. I'm surprised the forum even kept the photos on there.

They have it on all of their sites too, bronco6g, tacoma4g, and their f150 and Maverick sites. I’d guess this was leaked by ford as others have said.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im starting to think this is the case. On the bottom of the first page of that thread is a comment from someone who claims to be a Ranger Vehicle Engineer. He even left his full name. Either it was intentional or he’s a dumbass of monumental proportions. 

I saw that too about him being the Ranger vehicle engineer and his full name included. His post signature indicates that he's retired. It does make sense that this may be a direct leak or he just isn't right in his head. lol

27 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

They have it on all of their sites too, bronco6g, tacoma4g, and their f150 and Maverick sites. I’d guess this was leaked by ford as others have said.

I haven't seen the other forums yet even though I lurk those daily. I'm about to check them out soon before going to sleep. Yeah it makes sense that this was likely a leak as others are saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im starting to think this is the case. On the bottom of the first page of that thread is a comment from someone who claims to be a Ranger Vehicle Engineer. He even left his full name. Either it was intentional or he’s a dumbass of monumental proportions. 

Appears his Ford/Ranger experience was a long time ago,,,,

HRG

PS ford.JPG

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I don’t know about this one specifically but Ford has been known to “leak” factory photos on purpose including Bronco.

I wondered the same.  Everyone pretty much knows what the Ranger Raptor looks like so perhaps they did it to generate some excitement without showing the standard Ranger.  

• Like 1

Does anyone have an idea of what the pricing might be like on the raptor? 

2023 Colorado ZR2 - $48,690

With Desert Boss Package - $57,985

2023 GMC Canyon AT4X - $56,995

With Edition 1 Package - $66,290

$55k puts it too close to the Desert Boss which has quite a few accessories on it that the raptor doesn’t have. It also puts it well above the ZR2. Does ford try to keep it around 48-50k to keep it close to the ZR2, or do they think the raptor commands a premium over the ZR2 and go around 52-55k? My guess is that it will MSRP for $49,995.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

$55k puts it too close to the Desert Boss which has quite a few accessories on it that the raptor doesn’t have. It also puts it well above the ZR2. Does ford try to keep it around 48-50k to keep it close to the ZR2, or do they think the raptor commands a premium over the ZR2 and go around 52-55k? My guess is that it will MSRP for $49,995.

Do you really think Ford will price the Ranger Raptor almost 20K less then the Bronco Raptor? 

I'm thinking it starts at 65K at least and there will be other models under it to price it that high. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The base Bronco Raptor starts at $75,375 incl D/D, the F150 Raptor: $78,670 incl D/D. So there is plenty of room to price the "Budget" Ranger Raptor starting in the high 60's, and there will probably be First Edition, Sasquatch, Heritage, etc packages that will push the MSRP well over $70k. Looking at some of the ranger build threads out there,  some people have no problem adding $12-15,000+ worth of goodies to the current Ranger. Having that magic "Raptor" callout will ensure the Ranger commands a very high ATP relative to its volume, 

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Do you really think Ford will price the Ranger Raptor almost 20K less then the Bronco Raptor? 

I'm thinking it starts at 65K at least and there will be other models under it to price it that high. 

F150 Raptor and Bronco are both priced similar to their competition. For example, TRX is $83k, Rubicon 392 is $82k. I hope that holds true for the ranger as well. It depends on what options are standard on the raptor I guess. I think the ZR2 comes with cloth seats standard and has many packages that can increase the price. If the ranger comes standard with most of the options available then I could see it in the mid to upper 50’s.

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

F150 Raptor and Bronco are both priced similar to their competition. For example, TRX is $83k, Rubicon 392 is $82k. I hope that holds true for the ranger as well. It depends on what options are standard on the raptor I guess. I think the ZR2 comes with cloth seats standard and has many packages that can increase the price. If the ranger comes standard with most of the options available then I could see it in the mid to upper 50’s.

They’ll charge as much as they can get away with.  I doubt most buyers will do a dollar for dollar comparison.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Based on how Ford prices it in other markets like Australia, my guess is the Ranger Raptor will start in the mid to upper 50s. 

The Ranger Raptor might not have the extra accessories of the ZR2 Desert Boss Package, but it does have a much more powerful 3.0 V6 EcoBoost engine.

Edited by AM222

I was so shocked when I saw these MAP pics that the first thing I did was make screen shots thinking they were going to be taken down ASAP. ?

Then I recalled, as others have said, that similar pics came out of there before the Bronco was released. Must be something special about MAP. j/k

On the price thing, hasn't FA been quoting in the $56k range for some time now? That would be a relative bargain IMO, if you can believe anything they say. Hell, my '18 F-150 XLT SE stickered for $56k. $56,450 to be exact.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AM222 said:

Based on how Ford prices it in other markets like Australia, my guess is the Ranger Raptor will start in the mid to upper 50s. 

The Ranger Raptor might not have the extra accessories of the ZR2 Desert Boss Package, but it does have a much more powerful 3.0 V6 EcoBoost engine.

Agreed. The engine and suspension are both a step above anything else in the category.

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

I was so shocked when I saw these MAP pics that the first thing I did was make screen shots thinking they were going to be taken down ASAP. ?

Then I recalled, as others have said, that similar pics came out of there before the Bronco was released. Must be something special about MAP. j/k

And this design is already in production outside NA so it’s not really a secret except for the lower bumper section.

9 hours ago, akirby said:

And this design is already in production outside NA so it’s not really a secret except for the lower bumper section.

One must not be a total dumb@$$ and post pics from inside the plant without approval ( hourly or salary ) which never happens. This was made obvious to the already obvious today. Does not matter if ROW is in the wild or not. Totally a "Look at me! I'm a attention whore" moment. On another note, Original Bronco leaks did not come from MAP. 

31 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

One must not be a total dumb@$$ and post pics from inside the plant without approval ( hourly or salary ) which never happens. This was made obvious to the already obvious today. Does not matter if ROW is in the wild or not. Totally a "Look at me! I'm a attention whore" moment. On another note, Original Bronco leaks did not come from MAP. 

Aww snap, did someone get shitcanned today? 

On 1/31/2023 at 12:29 PM, T-dubz said:

But is ZR2 really the competition for Raptor?

ZR2 seems like it is more a Tremor competitor. There is no engine upgrade for example over the standard Colorado. 

49 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

I meant it wouldn’t be a big deal for Ford to leak it.  Of course it’s a big deal if that was an employee who wasn’t authorized,

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

ZR2 seems like it is more a Tremor competitor. There is no engine upgrade for example over the standard Colorado. 

That’s really the question isn’t it? If Raptor is above ZR2, then this is kinda how I see it.

Chevy - Ford

Z71 = FX4

Trail Boss = Tremor XLT

Nothing comparable = Tremor Lariat

ZR2 = Nothing comparable

Nothing comparable = Raptor

80hp is a big difference between the two.

Edited by T-dubz

10 hours ago, bzcat said:

ZR2 seems like it is more a Tremor competitor. 

It looks like the all-new Colorado ZR2 was upgraded and it seems to be positioned closer to the Raptor than the Tremor. It even uses similar sized 33-inch diameter 285/70R17 tires as the Raptor. Its upgraded suspension is probably still no match for Ford's all-around coil springs and Fox shocks, though the ZR2 does get Multimatic DSSV dampers. Beadlock-capable wheels are part of the ZR2 Desert Boss package.

The Colorado ZR2's 2.7L Turbo High-Output engine makes the same 310hp as the 2.7L Turbo Plus, but the torque has been increased from 390lb-ft to 430lb-ft. Same torque as the Asia-Pacific Ranger Raptor and just 10lb-ft less than the Bronco Raptor.

2023-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-front-angle.
-Motor1
2022-Ford-Ranger-Raptor-debuts-3-e164913
-paultan.org

Edited by AM222

8 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

So, I wonder if Ford would cook up a Bronco and Ranger Raptor R with the 3.5 EB?

I read somewhere before that the 3.5 EcoBoost is physically larger than the Nano 2.7 & 3.0 EcoBoost engines. It might not fit.

The T6 chassis was originally designed for inline engines, the updated T6 used by the new Ranger and Bronco was modified to accommodate V6 engines, but probably just the smaller Nano V6 engines.

What about going hybrid? Like using the Lincoln Aviator PHEV's hybrid powertrain (3.0 EcoBoost + 100hp electric motor) which has a 494hp total system output.

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AM222 said:

I read somewhere before that the 3.5 EcoBoost is physically larger than the Nano 2.7 & 3.0 EcoBoost engines. It might not fit.

The T6 chassis was originally designed for inline engines, the updated T6 used by the new Ranger and Bronco was modified to accommodate V6 engines, but probably just the smaller Nano V6 engines.

What about going hybrid? Like using the Lincoln Aviator PHEV's hybrid powertrain (3.0 EcoBoost + 100hp electric motor) which has a 494hp total system output.

I feel it depends on the footprint of the overall powertrain and if it's robust enough for the truck. Off-roading with possible snorkeling might be a show-stopper. I wouldn't complain if Ford figures that part out. 494 is a very nice number.