2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted

Just another thought, in those pix of a Ranger lineup, they show a conventional cab.   Wonder if that would be available here?  Back "in the day" plenty of plain jane Ranger conventional cabs were sold...utility cos. (meter readers-admittedly a vanishing vocation), parts delivery "hotshots", exterminators-they want their poisons isolated from driver compartment etc.   Back to the importance of the "Commercial Fleet", seems like there would be a place for a vehicle like this

6 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Just another thought, in those pix of a Ranger lineup, they show a conventional cab.   Wonder if that would be available here?  Back "in the day" plenty of plain jane Ranger conventional cabs were sold...utility cos. (meter readers-admittedly a vanishing vocation), parts delivery "hotshots", exterminators-they want their poisons isolated from driver compartment etc.   Back to the importance of the "Commercial Fleet", seems like there would be a place for a vehicle like this

I assume you mean regular cab. It would be nice if they would offer regular cab on Maverick & Ranger, but they won't.

Edited by LSchicago
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Regular cabs just don’t sell anymore outside fleets so it’s not worth the tooling or factory space on mav and Ranger.

I'd always buy a Regular cab over Super cab or Crew cab, but everyone wants a Taxi these days. More bed is more usable to me. Just need 2 seats. I deleted the horrible little back seat in my Mustang to make it a 2 seater. 

35 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

I'd always buy a Regular cab over Super cab or Crew cab, but everyone wants a Taxi these days. More bed is more usable to me. Just need 2 seats. I deleted the horrible little back seat in my Mustang to make it a 2 seater. 

I understand but you’re in a very small minority.  Most people 

I know like that buy old used work trucks anyway not new ones.

40 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

IMPOSSIBLE!  Make them sit in the bed like the good old days!

Yep, we grew up in a family of 8. It was all cram into Mom's Fleetwood Brougham, or ride in the back of dad's Regular cab truck. 99% of the time no back seat was needed, so my dad never bought a truck with one. The Caddy was the family car. My wife and I are empty nesters, so we only need 2 seats. 

I don't know why anyone would intentionally buy a regular cab. My trucks get used for work too, but the back seat of the crew is filled with things for work I don't want in the weather or easily snatched out of the bed. Plus they look goofy on anything newer than an OBS (have two reg cab OBS trucks too)

I wouldn't want a regular cab anymore for the reasons already stated.   However, I still MUCH prefer a supercab over a crew cab.   The rear area of a supercab is large enough to hold luggage, tools, or whatever or carry passengers if absolutely needed.   You still have a longer bed without excessive overall length.    I  like my supercab F150 but I do miss the maneuverability, lower loading height and overall size of my old Ranger supercab.

41 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

I wouldn't want a regular cab anymore for the reasons already stated.   However, I still MUCH prefer a supercab over a crew cab.   The rear area of a supercab is large enough to hold luggage, tools, or whatever or carry passengers if absolutely needed.   You still have a longer bed without excessive overall length.    I  like my supercab F150 but I do miss the maneuverability, lower loading height and overall size of my old Ranger supercab.

Ditto, ditto and ditto!

I could easily get by with a Supercab Ranger but would prefer a crew cab with the 6’ bed.   My Supercab F150 is perfect except it fits in the garage with 3 inches to spare so I can’t get to the other side without opening the door, so a Ranger or smaller T3 will be perfect.

Regular cabs are great! I’ve had a regular cab ranger, and 3 regular cab f150s. Of course these were all when I was younger, but they were great because you never had to drive anyone around, they were easier to park and could actually fit in a garage, and they were priced well.

The regular cab ranger was very cramped though. I also had a super cab ranger and to get a comfortable seating position, you’d have to slide you seat back where it ended up taking about half of the space of the super cab. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Regular cabs are great! I’ve had a regular cab ranger, and 3 regular cab f150s. Of course these were all when I was younger, but they were great because you never had to drive anyone around, they were easier to park and could actually fit in a garage, and they were priced well.

The regular cab ranger was very cramped though. I also had a super cab ranger and to get a comfortable seating position, you’d have to slide you seat back where it ended up taking about half of the space of the super cab. 

We had a super cab Ranger when I was a kid. The fact my parents made me and my sister ride in those jump seats was straight up child abuse lol

• Haha 6

Ford could be doing what they did with the Nautilus which was always the goal; Vehicle is shown and order banks open with delivers in 3 months. Ford really has wanted to get away from the vehicles being shown and not available for a year. 

Ford has a ton of updated product coming over the next year and they want to make sure it doesn't get lost. 

• Like 2