2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted

Report: Next-Generation Ford Ranger Reveal Is Next Month

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/04/28/report-next-generation-ford-ranger-reveal-is-next-month/

Autoblog.com_2023-04-28_2024 Ranger.jpg

Some global markets got the brand-new Ford Ranger last year, but Americans were left out until the 2024 model. The automaker’s CEO had already confirmed that we’d see the truck and a new performance-oriented Ranger Raptor but did not give details on when the truck would land. Ford Authority recently uncovered the reveal date, and it’s coming up soon.

According to the publication’s sources, the Ranger will debut in May. It was previously expected to enter production next month, so we don’t know if the scheduled announcement will affect the ramp-up process in Michigan. The truck has been photographed testing several times, so its arrival is imminent.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's confirmed, even without Ford Authority. My cousin at Ford, who's also married to someone in T6 development, knows the exact date and he confirmed this for me.

He also told me this morning, that the 2024 Tacoma will be revealed on Tuesday, May 16.

The two market leaders might end up being both the Ranger and Tacoma, if the turbo V6 factor gets em in the Ford showroom, yet drive out with a lower trim.

Ford will beat the Tacoma to market though, because it enters production before on August 7th (ideally).

Note:

Anyone who replied to me weeks ago, I'm sorry, but I've had big issues logging in and losing posts of mine, so I gave up pretty much due to being busy. Don't like being rude and looking like I ignore anybody.

Edited by JX1
  • Like 4

• ice-capades changed the title to 2024 US Ranger Without Camo Spotted
38 minutes ago, JX1 said:

The two market leaders might end up being both the Ranger and Tacoma, if the turbo V6 factor gets em in the Ford showroom, yet drive out with a lower trim.

Not gonna happen unless Ranger production is ramped up exponentially. They are barely staying ahead of Ridgeline and Canyon. I realize that the '23s are/were a lame duck model, but until supply chain bottlenecks are resolved, Bronco would have to be cut back in order to build more Rangers.

IIRC, MAP has annual capacity of about 265,000 vehicles and produced ~175,000 in 2022. Two things that would be in Ranger's favor: SuperCabs and SuperCrew w/6'box options. The ColoraNyons are now Crew Cab/5' box only, all models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JX1 said:

It's confirmed, even without Ford Authority. My cousin at Ford, who's also married to someone in T6 development, knows the exact date and he confirmed this for me.

He also told me this morning, that the 2024 Tacoma will be revealed on Tuesday, May 16.

Ford will beat the Tacoma to market though, because it enters production before on August 7th (ideally).

Note:

Anyone who replied to me weeks ago, I'm sorry, but I've had big issues logging in and losing posts of mine, so I gave up pretty much due to being busy. Don't like being rude and looking like I ignore anybody.

So Ranger is getting revealed after the Taco?

Maybe I need to read that again.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That’s hysterical 

Uh oh, not sure what that means. Guys in the know about the Tacoma, have been saying it begins production in December.

My cousin claims he's seen a Nov 1 start up date and I pointed out to him recently, Donlen saying the 2024 Taco begins production September 1, 2023, after the most recent update this month.

Usually ramp up takes 8ish weeks he says, so I figure they won't be available until end of the year, outta Mexico.

3 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Not gonna happen unless Ranger production is ramped up exponentially. They are barely staying ahead of Ridgeline and Canyon. I realize that the '23s are/were a lame duck model, but until supply chain bottlenecks are resolved, Bronco would have to be cut back in order to build more Rangers.

IIRC, MAP has annual capacity of about 265,000 vehicles and produced ~175,000 in 2022. Two things that would be in Ranger's favor: SuperCabs and SuperCrew w/6'box options. The ColoraNyons are now Crew Cab/5' box only, all models.

I understand your perspective Chris, I feel like Ford is just being stubborn, in not wanting to commit to building anymore plants for ICE vehicles.

I know the MAP switch from Global C to BOF T6 was devised under Mark Fields back in '14-15, because hindsight is 20/20, but MAP is struggling to keep up and obviously TPTB didn't anticipate the need for more capacity.

The F-150 has two plants, so how did they expect to manage two different popular nameplates in just one factory long term? Didn't think it out clearly.

By nameplate alone, I think Ranger will do well, if long bed is produced in addition to short bed versions and added Raptor model, for halo effect.

GM might sell more combined, per nameplate probably not in 2024. I think for 2023 (Jan1 -Dec 31), it will be a contentious battle between Toyota and GM, since GM's been producing em since January. Ford and Toyota, might be hurt by model changeover side effects. Tacoma sales are dropping a bit, from obvious knowledge a redesign is coming and Ford even worse with the outgoing Ranger.

3 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

So Ranger is getting revealed after the Taco?

Maybe I need to read that again.

I'll have to ask, he just confirmed that it's May when I asked. He comments on other stuff online, but nothing Ford related like he used to. I think it is late May. All Terrain Nation has the date I think, but won't spill either.

Edited by JX1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The hilarious part is Ranger beginning earlier than that august date. 

Oh... definitely not and I'm sure you know ?. I meant that Ranger production on August 7th, precedes 2024 Tacoma SOP.

17 hours ago, JX1 said:

Uh oh, not sure what that means. Guys in the know about the Tacoma, have been saying it begins production in December.

My cousin claims he's seen a Nov 1 start up date and I pointed out to him recently, Donlen saying the 2024 Taco begins production September 1, 2023, after the most recent update this month.

Usually ramp up takes 8ish weeks he says, so I figure they won't be available until end of the year, outta Mexico.

I understand your perspective Chris, I feel like Ford is just being stubborn, in not wanting to commit to building anymore plants for ICE vehicles.

I know the MAP switch from Global C to BOF T6 was devised under Mark Fields back in '14-15, because hindsight is 20/20, but MAP is struggling to keep up and obviously TPTB didn't anticipate the need for more capacity.

The F-150 has two plants, so how did they expect to manage two different popular nameplates in just one factory long term? Didn't think it out clearly.

By nameplate alone, I think Ranger will do well, if long bed is produced in addition to short bed versions and added Raptor model, for halo effect.

GM might sell more combined, per nameplate probably not in 2024. I think for 2023 (Jan1 -Dec 31), it will be a contentious battle between Toyota and GM, since GM's been producing em since January. Ford and Toyota, might be hurt by model changeover side effects. Tacoma sales are dropping a bit, from obvious knowledge a redesign is coming and Ford even worse with the outgoing Ranger.

I'll have to ask, he just confirmed that it's May when I asked. He comments on other stuff online, but nothing Ford related like he used to. I think it is late May. All Terrain Nation has the date I think, but won't spill either.

much of the production issues are related to parts. 
aren’t they also only on 2 shifts not 3?

On 4/28/2023 at 11:37 AM, JX1 said:

By "turbo V6 factor" are you referring to the Raptor only or does that include the 2.7L V6 in other trims? If it does then I might be more interested.

I don't expect the Raptor to be produced until a few months after the lesser models and I do fully expect dealers will be charging markups on the Raptor due to limited availability. Because of those issues I'm leaning more towards either an XLT or Lariat with the Tremor package but only if it's available with the 2.7.

I really don't NEED a new truck right now and by the time I do gasoline will be an illegal substance anyway so getting me to trade anytime soon is going to take something at least a little bit special and at a reasonable price, if such a thing exists.

19 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

By "turbo V6 factor" are you referring to the Raptor only or does that include the 2.7L V6 in other trims? If it does then I might be more interested.

I don't expect the Raptor to be produced until a few months after the lesser models and I do fully expect dealers will be charging markups on the Raptor due to limited availability. Because of those issues I'm leaning more towards either an XLT or Lariat with the Tremor package but only if it's available with the 2.7.

I really don't NEED a new truck right now and by the time I do gasoline will be an illegal substance anyway so getting me to trade anytime soon is going to take something at least a little bit special and at a reasonable price, if such a thing exists.

Upper Bronco trims have the 2.7 standard and others have it optional.  I would have to imagine it'll be similar for Ranger considering it's not a stopgap version like the current one.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So you think Ford would be willing to give up an additional 50-70K sales of Rangers or Broncos over the next 36 months?

If they don't have parts, and can barely fulfill what they're doing already, it doesn't do any good to have a 3rd shift going.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

If they don't have parts, and can barely fulfill what they're doing already, it doesn't do any good to have a 3rd shift going.

Right but I was assuming that the supply shituation should hopefully be resolved by this time next year....I know i'm asking for a lot. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Right but I was assuming that the supply shituation should hopefully be resolved by this time next year....I know i'm asking for a lot. 

Its been 2 1/2 years since Bronco launched and it hasn't really gotten any noticeably better. Lets just say my confidence is very low and I'm going to leave it at that before I say something I regret.

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Its been 2 1/2 years since Bronco launched and it hasn't really gotten any noticeably better. Lets just say my confidence is very low and I'm going to leave it at that before I say something I regret.

Pretty crazy that they're still having issues.

56 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Pretty crazy that they're still having issues.

Everyone is still having issues...I think some people are just using it as an excuse. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. I think the issue now is just workers-all the baby boomers have retired and gen X and Z aren't as big, even combined. Going to be interesting how that plays out.