2017 Escape Titanium

markfnc

Small block replaced under warranty at 45,000 miles due to coolant issue.

Door bottoms rusting (I'm in NC, so no salt) but not rusted thru so not covered under rust thru warranty. I fixed myself with Dremel and rust inhibiter and touch up paint.

Transmission just went at 101,000.  Taking to local transmission place to rebuild.

So, the car seats are great, I've liked it, so other than the engine, transmission, and rust it's been a good car.  (LOL) 

I've drove Fords since 1992, a lot of miles, and I'm about done.  

• 2 weeks later...

Would the recall I had done: have caused this? it doesn't seem like it. Recall below 
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID:
22V413000
Report Date:
JUN 09, 2022
Vehicles Affected:

Consequence:
A damaged or missing bushing may prevent the vehicle from shifting into the intended gear, and cause the vehicle to move in an unexpected direction. Additionally, the vehicle may roll after the driver selects the 'Park' position. Either scenario increases the risk of a crash or injury.

What You Should Do:
Dealers will replace the under hood shift bushing and add a protective cap over the shift cable bushing, free of charge. Interim owner notification letters, informing owners of the safety risk, were mailed July 1, 2022. Remedy parts are expected to be available in 4th Quarter 2022. Owner notification letters were mailed October 27, 2022. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 22S43.
Summary:
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2013-2019 Escape, 2013-2018 C-Max, 2013-2016 Fusion, 2013-2021 Transit Connect, and 2015-2018 Edge vehicles. The bushing that attaches the shifter cable to the transmission may degrade or detach.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, markfnc said:

Small block replaced under warranty at 45,000 miles due to coolant issue.

Door bottoms rusting (I'm in NC, so no salt) but not rusted thru so not covered under rust thru warranty. I fixed myself with Dremel and rust inhibiter and touch up paint.

Transmission just went at 101,000.  Taking to local transmission place to rebuild.

So, the car seats are great, I've liked it, so other than the engine, transmission, and rust it's been a good car.  (LOL) 

I've drove Fords since 1992, a lot of miles, and I'm about done.  

Transmission fixed for $4k.  Ford Escape is crap quality.  

I've went from 92 Ranger to 96 Taurus to 2001 Taurus Wagon to 2005 Freestar to 2007 Explorer to 2013 Taurus to 2017 Escape.   No looking at Honda Accord/Subaru Legacy for next car. 

Edited by markfnc
forgot 1