Can you reset defaults on touchscreen

UncleDave

Can you set/reset defaults on touchscreen.  I don’t like having to turn on the recirculation button every time I start the car.  Strange, to me, that the heated seat stays on until you turn it off, coming back on when car is restarted, but you have to turn on the recirculating button every time. There are other defaults I’d change, too.  Like, I’d prefer the calm screen as the default.  

Edited by UncleDave
Spelling

Thank you for your response.  Forscan is a little above my pay grade, LOL!

I wouldn’t think most people would leave the heated seats on all the time , yet, that is the default…on until you turn them off.

I wish the default for the recirculation function was the same.  Again, thanks

29 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

I wouldn’t think most people would leave the heated seats on all the time , yet, that is the default…on until you turn them off.

The heated seats don’t come on all the time.  They only come on if you remote start and have the climate option set to auto or you left them on when you stopped the vehicle.

55 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Hi UD. What akirby stated. The heated seats do not come on by default. Only if the Climate Control option (in the Vehicle Settings) is set to "AUTO", or you left them on when you last turned off the vehicle. If yours come on in other circumstances, there is an issue.

Keep us updated and good luck.

54 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi UD. What akirby stated. The heated seats do not come on by default. Only if the Climate Control option (in the Vehicle Settings) is set to "AUTO", or you left them on when you last turned off the vehicle. If yours come on in other circumstances, there is an issue.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Thanks.  No, what I meant was, I turn on my heated seats in the morning as I leave for work when it’s in the 30’s, then park my car and turn off the engine, of course the seats turn off.  In the evening when it’s in the 70’s (a typical day this time of year where I live) and  I restart my car, the heated seats automatically come back on because that was the last setting I did.  I have to actually push the button to get them to turn off.  I wish the recirculation function was the same way.  

that’s how my 2018 Escape worked.  In it, the seats had to be manually turned back  on after a restart, but the recirculating stayed the same as it was when the engine was turned off.  

again, thanks.

Edited by UncleDave
Clarify

27 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Thanks.  No, what I meant was, I turn on my heated seats in the morning as I leave for work when it’s in the 30’s, then park my car and turn off the engine, of course the seats turn off.  In the evening when it’s in the 70’s (a typical day this time of year where I live) and  I restart my car, the heated seats automatically come back on because that was the last setting I did.  I have to actually push the button to get them to turn off.  I wish the recirculation function was the same way.  

Hi UD. Yes, I understood what you were saying. But unfortunately, that is the way they work. If they are left on when the vehicle is turned off, they will be on when the vehicle is started again. However, they do have a ~20 minute timer and will turn off (for safety reasons).

Concerning the recirculation feature: It will not stay on because it is programmed not to for various safety reasons. For example...To ensure it is not left on too long, which would lead to condensation on the windshield of the vehicle, due to the air becoming too humid. Also to ensure fresh air is eventually brought into the vehicle, for occupant safety. Therefore, recirculation is an as needed selection, and not left on by default, or as last selected etc.

In fact, even when recirculation is chosen, it will sometimes turn itself off, according to the interior humidity readings the sensors report.

We do understand what you wish the vehicle settings were capable of, but it is not possible with the factory programming and settings.

Hope that makes my reply more understandable.

Good luck.