Mustang Victorious Both Days in GSX at Daytona

blksn8k2

Billy Griffin won in GSX in Race 1 and 2 this weekend at Daytona. He started the new GT4 spec Mustang on the pole both days but fell back to third on the first lap in both races before retaking the lead.

GALSTAD-ROAR-DIS-0123-019180_01222023.jpeg

https://racer.com/2023/01/22/goldburg-griffin-get-imsa-vp-challenge-sweeps-at-daytona/

BTW, Jim Farley finished 12th in Saturday's race in another GT4 Mustang.

Ford Jim Farley racing

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, coupe3w said:

Maybe because they are not for sale yet.

Maybe, but I doubt that's the case. The timing says that since they already did the reveal of the new model wouldn't it make sense to be promoting the new model at every opportunity? Isn't that one of the reasons why they're involved in racing?

A more believable reason might be that the new bodies are just not available yet to the race teams.

Will be interesting to see what nose and decals are on the NASCAR Mustangs this weekend at the Clash and then, more importantly, at Daytona. As I recall, NASCAR was also mentioned in the previous hype about the S650 Mustang in racing.

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

Maybe, but I doubt that's the case. The timing says that since they already did the reveal of the new model wouldn't it make sense to be promoting the new model at every opportunity? Isn't that one of the reasons why they're involved in racing?

A more believable reason might be that the new bodies are just not available yet to the race teams.

Will be interesting to see what nose and decals are on the NASCAR Mustangs this weekend at the Clash and then, more importantly, at Daytona. As I recall, NASCAR was also mentioned in the previous hype about the S650 Mustang in racing.

From what I have seen so far the the Clash / Daytona cars are still the S550 type cars.