2024 Tacoma Shown Off

silvrsvt

On 5/3/2023 at 10:42 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

All that tells me is it’s possible to convert 

I dunno, but I do hope Ford gave that consideration or executes it by MY 2025, just to match Toyota. Plus, one hopes it could spread the costs of MTI550.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

Taco rediscovers the 5G Ranger grille

Some guys have made the argument, the previous and current gen Tacomas and Hiluxes have probably inspired GM, Nissan, and Ford.

It kinda makes sense, when you compare the last gen Frontier (2004-21), first gen Colorado/Canyon, and pre-T6 Rangers to the 2005-23 Tacomas and 2005-24 Hiluxes, against the later the 2nd & 3rd generation Colorado, T6 Rangers, and 2022 Frontier.

I prefer a Ranger, but Ford copied Toyota when designing the T6 Ranger in the 2000s. The newer 6G gets away from that, 5G was derivative.

Edited by JX1
  • Like 1

It's very meh. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't blow me away. Stylistically, I think the ranger is a bigger winner. It's cleaner and better proportioned, without relying on the oh ah design details that look horribly dated over time.  

2024-Toyota-Tacoma-Leak-003.jpeg

next-gen-ranger-raptor-front-3-sm-jpg-1645539495.jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Reminds me of Silverado and that’s not a good thing.

Yeah, it kinda feels like Toyota has been ripping off American truck design in general. A splash of Silverado design here, a dab of raptor influences. I'll give them credit where it's due, I like some aspects of the new Tundra design. The sharp character lines going over the wheels look cool, and the rear end, especially the taillights with their 3 vertical light strips, can you say mustang, look pretty cool. But the front end is rough. It looks like the 2015 f-150 front end, but if Kylo Ren kept screaming more at the designers everytime they asked if it was aggressive enough. 

11 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

It's very meh. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't blow me away. Stylistically, I think the ranger is a bigger winner. It's cleaner and better proportioned, without relying on the oh ah design details that look horribly dated over time.  

2024-Toyota-Tacoma-Leak-003.jpeg

next-gen-ranger-raptor-front-3-sm-jpg-1645539495.jpg

This generation of midsize truck is pretty exciting. I would be perfectly happy with any of the top of the line midsizers; raptor, trd pro, zr2, atx4, they all look really good and I’m sure perform well. 

This Tacoma looks good and I’m sure it will keep its current customers and gain some more. I’d like to see the interior. I thought the current Tacoma had the best interior of all the midsizers so I’m curious to see what they do since all the competition has stepped up their game.

12 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Yeah, it kinda feels like Toyota has been ripping off American truck design in general. A splash of Silverado design here, a dab of raptor influences. I'll give them credit where it's due, I like some aspects of the new Tundra design. The sharp character lines going over the wheels look cool, and the rear end, especially the taillights with their 3 vertical light strips, can you say mustang, look pretty cool. But the front end is rough. It looks like the 2015 f-150 front end, but if Kylo Ren kept screaming more at the designers everytime they asked if it was aggressive enough. 

That's not really fair. It's the opposite. The T6 Ranger, 31xx GMs, and newer Frontiers copied Toyota. Someone pointed this out to me and it makes plenty sense.

This might be a Ford forum, but looking at this neutrally, Toyota hasn't really copied anyone.

Well, outside of the 2022 Tundra TRD pro Raptor lights and spelling out TOYOTA (again) in the grille for the PROs since 2014.

The styling is all Toyota, when you look at the previous generation Tacomas and check out what their contemporaries looked like.

The GMT800 aesthetic and Isuzu related Gen 1 Colorado against 2000s Toyota trucks, tells it all.

Edited by JX1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

screenshot-2023-05-18-at-2-14-11-pm-jpg.1684443181381-png.37451684443181351-png.37472024_toyota_tacoma_trd_pro_isodynamic_pehttps://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/2024-tacoma-revealed-full-specs-release-pics-hybrid-model-added.1308/

tacoma leaked early. Lots of trims, hybrid, two cabs, two bed lengths, manual. Pretty solid offering. Interior looks functional but a bit cheap. Trd pro is the best looking of the bunch. Trail hunter looks a bit over done. Wheel arches look a bit strange too in some of the pics. Interesting seats in the trd pro

Edited by T-dubz

Official press release from Toyota Motor Sales USA. 2024 Toyota Tacoma is the Ultimate Adventure Machine - Toyota USA Newsroom

KONA, Hawaii (May 18, 2023) – After nearly two decades as the champion of the mid-size pickup truck market, the Toyota Tacoma is ready for its next chapter. This go-anywhere truck is entirely new for 2024 with epic adventures in mind, improving upon every winning aspect that has made it a stalwart for truck buyers for years along with Toyota’s legendary quality, durability, and reliability and much, much more.

Redesigned from the ground up and built upon the TNGA-F global truck platform shared with Tundra and Sequoia, the all-new Tacoma was designed and engineered for the U.S. market. For its fourth generation, Tacoma utilizes a new high-strength boxed, steel-ladder frame; adds numerous features that off-road enthusiasts can play with; features an available fully redesigned multi-link coil rear suspension that improves ride and handling; and offers two powerful and efficient turbocharged four-cylinder powertrains including a top-of-the-line i-FORCE MAX hybrid producing 326 horsepower and a massive 465 lb.-ft. of torque. Tacoma will also introduce the world to Toyota’s all-new Trailhunter grade, first revealed at the 2022 SEMA show as a Trailhunter concept, that’s a purpose-built overlanding rig available right off the dealer lot.

Highlights.

• Standard i-FORCE turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine produces up to 278 horsepower, 317 lb.-ft. of torque.
  • Available i-FORCE MAX turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder hybrid powertrain produces 326 horsepower, 465 lb.-ft. of torque.
  • All-new Trailhunter is a factory-developed overlanding rig built from the ground up with the latest integrated off-road equipment from ARB, Old Man Emu, and RIGID.
  • Baja-inspired TRD Pro debuts segment-first IsoDynamic Performance Seat for enhanced off-road driving control and comfort.
  • Tacoma adds new XtraCab long bed configuration for enhanced interior functionality and cargo capacity
  • Available 14-inch touchscreen displays latest Toyota Audio Multimedia system.
  • Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 standard on all models.
  • Designed, engineered, and assembled for North America.
Edited by rperez817

Well, if anyone thought Toyota was going to phone it in on a segment they lead, I would say they are completely wrong.  I think the truck looks good and has a lot of great options, with the hybrid powertrain being a key one. The styling is obviously more aggressive than the Ranger, but that doesn’t always age well in the long run so that can be a pro and a con at the same time.  Hopefully Ford has a few tricks up their sleeve that they haven’t revealed yet to steal some Taco thunder post reveal.  

• Like 2

Just what you’d expect from the market leader in terms of models and configurations.   

The exterior looks hideous to me but the interior isn’t bad.

Interesting they took the same hybrid approach as Ford - more power rather than max mpg.

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just what you’d expect from the market leader in terms of models and configurations.   

The exterior looks hideous to me but the interior isn’t bad.

Interesting they took the same hybrid approach as Ford - more power rather than max mpg.

I agree, the headlights are too squinty for such an enormous overdone front bumper.  But at least they are consistent with their hideous from ends.

Overall not as bad as I thought was going to wind up looking like...but I do have beg the question, who was the person who signed off on the piano black wheel arches? They look like they would get marked up to hell in normal driving or scratched to hell off roading..

• Like 1

Xtracab is just a regular cab with extra storage. That configuration would work fine for me.  That’s less of an issue since you can get the crew cab with the 5 or 6 foot bed.  I wonder if Ford is considering something similar for Ranger and that’s why there is no Supercab yet.

Interesting they followed GMs lead having detuned versions of the same engine in base models.

40 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Overall not as bad as I thought was going to wind up looking like...but I do have beg the question, who was the person who signed off on the piano black wheel arches? They look like they would get marked up to hell in normal driving or scratched to hell off roading..

Piano black in cars period should go away. It’s too easy to scratch to oblivion and impossible to keep clean.