2024 Tacoma Shown Off

silvrsvt

I understand the issues for Ranger production, but I hope we see additional configurations (supercab) and powertrains (powerboost) for '25.  They're not going to make enough inroads with a new Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon by just doing a "minimal" effort.

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I understand the issues for Ranger production, but I hope we see additional configurations (supercab) and powertrains (powerboost) for '25.  They're not going to make enough inroads with a new Tacoma and Colorado/Canyon by just doing a "minimal" effort.

I’d like to see some more tech too. Lots of features the other brands have that the ranger doesn’t. The lariat seems like a middle tier Tacoma right now.

22 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I’d like to see some more tech too. Lots of features the other brands have that the ranger doesn’t. The lariat seems like a middle tier Tacoma right now.

Like what, exactly?  I don’t see much that Tacoma has that Ranger doesn’t.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Minimal effort should be Ford's new motto. Ford doesn't give a shit what consumers want. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Minimal effort should be Ford's new motto. Ford doesn't give a shit what consumers want. 

If Ford isn’t giving consumers what they want then why were they #1 in sales?

Also don’t confuse launch simplicity and temporary stopgaps with a long term product strategy.

Just now, akirby said:

If Ford isn’t giving consumers what they want then why were they #1 in sales?

Also don’t confuse launch simplicity and temporary stopgaps with a long term product strategy.

Ford NEVER listens to what we want. They build what they think we want. Even on things as simple as an extra color. 

59 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

What tech are you talking about?

Ventilated seats are about all I can think of.

Edited by rmc523

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

Like what, exactly?  I don’t see much that Tacoma has that Ranger doesn’t.

Here are the things I remember from watching the videos, I’m sure I’m missing some. 

-Power tailgate

-digital display mirror (the rear view mirror that’s also a screen showing what’s behind you)

-wireless camera for trailers 

-2400w ac inverter in bed

-air compressor in bed

- larger touchscreen

- composite bed

-push button start on all trims 

- integrated Bluetooth speaker (yeah it’s gimmicky but could be useful for camping)

-exterior bed lighting

-ventilated seats

There’s also a lot of safety equipment standard but I’m too lazy to compare it to what Ford offers, it could be the same.

The underbody cameras come to mind on the canyon and Colorado too.

There’s probably features the ranger has that the others don’t, but it just seemed like the ranger didn’t bring much new to the table.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LSchicago said:

Ford NEVER listens to what we want. They build what they think we want. Even on things as simple as an extra color. 

Did it never occur to you that maybe what you want isn’t what the majority of buyers want?  Or that it’s something Ford can’t make money on?

1 minute ago, akirby said:

So who is buying all these vehicles that nobody wants?

Those with an extra $10,000 to pay over sticker who need something today I guess. They sure don't build orders in a timely fashion anymore, but can have 50-100 F150's in top trims that most people don't want. Ford builds a Lightning EV with a promised $40K start price. Builds like 3 of them then raises the price to $60,000 while building 90% of them in the $80-$100K price range. Then make those with orders wait 2 years to get a lesser optioned truck.  

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Here are the things I remember from watching the videos, I’m sure I’m missing some. 

-Power tailgate

-digital display mirror (the rear view mirror that’s also a screen showing what’s behind you)

-air compressor in bed

- larger touchscreen

- composite bed

- integrated Bluetooth speaker (yeah it’s gimmicky but could be useful for camping)

-exterior bed lighting

-ventilated seats

There’s also a lot of safety equipment standard but I’m too lazy to compare it to what Ford offers, it could be the same.

There’s probably features the ranger has that the others don’t, but it just seemed like the ranger didn’t bring much new to the table.

I’ll give you some of those, but to be fair we haven’t yet seen everything Ford has planned for Ranger.  And don’t forget Tacoma is the flagship whereas Ranger isn’t so it will probably never have everything.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Did it never occur to you that maybe what you want isn’t what the majority of buyers want?  Or that it’s something Ford can’t make money on?

Oh it's not just me. When you hundreds of people on a small forum asking for the same things, it's a small percentage of actual buyers, but a large percentage of that small group. I have bought over a million dollars in new Fords, but am getting discouraged with the way things are going at Ford. 

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

-Power tailgate

-air compressor in bed

- larger touchscreen

- composite bed

-exterior bed lighting

Tacoma, class leading hp and torque for '24. Exterior on Tacoma and Canyon nicer than Ranger. Global Ranger has ventilated seats, rear seat vents, in dash pop out cupholders, 4 auto, that all should be on NA Lariat. Tacoma has awesome power tailgate, compared to the $2.00 engineering for Ranger tailgate. Ford has cheaped out on the Ranger and raised prices, I'm guessing they feel ICE customers don't deserve nice features but want our money to prop up the EV class.

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’ll give you some of those, but to be fair we haven’t yet seen everything Ford has planned for Ranger.  And don’t forget Tacoma is the flagship whereas Ranger isn’t so it will probably never have everything.

Not to mention Tacoma makes WAY more money for Toyota than Ranger in North America makes for Ford. Bronco is the more important of the 2 T6 vehicles in North America so until supply chain issues reresolved Ranger is not going to be as high of a priority as Bronco and probably never will be if we’re really being honest with ourselves

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

-Power tailgate

-air compressor in bed

- larger touchscreen

- composite bed

-exterior bed lighting

-ventilated seats

Well, if Ford steps up to offer these things I hope they are standalone options because the only one on this list that I would be interested in is the inverter in the bed and that will be available with the Ranger PHEV.  I am confident the inverted for the PHEV will have  a much higher power rating than 2.4 kW.

Edited by Texasota

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not to mention Tacoma makes WAY more money for Toyota than Ranger in North America makes for Ford. Bronco is the more important of the 2 T6 vehicles in North America so until supply chain issues reresolved Ranger is not going to be as high of a priority as Bronco and probably never will be if we’re really being honest with ourselves

The main focus of T6 at MAP has always been the Bronco even before it was launched. The Ranger was just easier and cheaper to get things rolling there a few years ago. Ranger has always been and continues to be an afterthought in North America. I happen to be a happy 2022 Ranger Tremor customer and I’d buy a new one if and when I replace it, but Ford will never put much effort into this model line. In fact, I’d argue more effort was put into the previous generation versus this one when it was adapted to the North American market. They spent the money at the time to give it a brand new frame, completely new powertrain compared to the ROW models and things like a steel bumper. They also brought region specific models like the Tremor to market. The 2024 is a nice midsized truck, but it’s just a middle of the road offering for the new generation from all the manufacturers. Except for the awesome Raptor model (which most cannot afford with the likely $10-25k ADMs on it) it’s just a pickup. For people like me who will only buy Ford it’s fine, but it’s not going to pull in the Tacoma or Colorado/Canyon buyers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LSchicago said:

Oh it's not just me. When you hundreds of people on a small forum asking for the same things, it's a small percentage of actual buyers, but a large percentage of that small group. I have bought over a million dollars in new Fords, but am getting discouraged with the way things are going at Ford. 

You being personally discouraged and disappointed is fine and completely understandable but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad business decision.  You’re also assuming Ranger won’t get more features after launch based on the preliminary order guide.

In the pecking order, Tacoma is F150 and Ranger is Tundra.  Ranger comes after F150 and Bronco.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maginty said:

Tacoma, class leading hp and torque for '24. Exterior on Tacoma and Canyon nicer than Ranger. Global Ranger has ventilated seats, rear seat vents, in dash pop out cupholders, 4 auto, that all should be on NA Lariat. Tacoma has awesome power tailgate, compared to the $2.00 engineering for Ranger tailgate. Ford has cheaped out on the Ranger and raised prices, I'm guessing they feel ICE customers don't deserve nice features but want our money to prop up the EV class.

Yes.  Ford hates Ranger buyers.  So please go buy a Tacoma and stop the incessant complaining.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

it’s not going to pull in the Tacoma or Colorado/Canyon buyers.

It doesn’t need to for all the reasons already mentioned.  

We know there are more models and features coming - Supercab, 2.7L, etc.  maybe we could at least wait for the final product?

Fords F150 is number 1 in selling name plate only if you separate the the GM twins which together sell more than Ford in trucks. The Ranger sales have been poor and bottom of the pack because lack of features and old tech and not class leading. Ford treats its American customers like step children where they known best and not the customer on anything other than a Mustang or F150.  I like what Toyota did and offers the features that their big truck has and even more. The taco has way more features then the any Ranger. I will list them Hybrid system, heated and cooled seats, heads up display, built in air compressor, Auto AWD, power running boards, 2.4 kw invertor, power tail gate and sunroof to name a few. I know what you guys are going to say buy the F150, well not all of us want a huge truck and I for one don't like driving them and would rather a have a mid size truck with all the features of the big trucks. Would have been nice if Ford would have offered these things seeing that they offer them for the overseas customers. The Platinum Ranger is really the best looking truck in mid size class, but sadly its only for overseas customers and I would buy that truck if it was available here.  The also offer a grab handle at every door opening, where in the states we get one on the passenger side front door. Ford also also has rear air vents on the overseas Ranger models, but here in the states that is not happening.  What gives, Ford you must really hate us here in the states unless your buying a F150. Ford is not the number one selling brand that is Toyota because they listen better to their customers wants. Where Ford only wants to sell you one thing an F150. Ford use to be a full line company sold all your vehicle needs at one place. I think that will be their downfall because people like to go to one place for all their vehicle needs and Ford does not offer that anymore. Do not get me wrong I love Ford and been with them for over 3 Decades as a customer but it seem they really do not want me anymore unless I want an F150, Bronco or Mustang because everything else in their lineup is not class leading. All I want from Ford is to offer me the Platinum Ranger you already make for your overseas customer with the 2.7 V6 not detuned with the full 335 horsepower like in the Bronco. Do a search for the Platinum Ranger it is the best looking Mid size truck inside and out, come on Ford give us the options people like choices. 

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-13.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-12.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-11.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-3.jpg

Edited by Shelby32
  • Thanks 1