Heated and Cooled Seats

Heads up Display

Built in air compressor

Auto AWD

Power running boards

2.4 kw Invertor

Power tail gate

Sunroof to name a few

Imagine the 2.7 V6 with an Hybrid system and all that power Americans would jump all over it and Ford could not make them fast enough. That would be class leading and take some thunder out of Toyotas new Taco for sure. Yeah it may cost 60,000 but it would be better than the 80,000 plus for an F150 with all these features. 

Edited by Shelby32

2 hours ago, Shelby32 said:

Fords F150 is number 1 in selling name plate only if you separate the the GM twins which together sell more than Ford in trucks. The Ranger sales have been poor and bottom of the pack because lack of features and old tech and not class leading. Ford treats its American customers like step children where they known best and not the customer on anything other than a Mustang or F150.  I like what Toyota did and offers the features that their big truck has and even more. The taco has way more features then the any Ranger. I will list them Hybrid system, heated and cooled seats, heads up display, built in air compressor, Auto AWD, power running boards, 2.4 kw invertor, power tail gate and sunroof to name a few. I know what you guys are going to say buy the F150, well not all of us want a huge truck and I for one don't like driving them and would rather a have a mid size truck with all the features of the big trucks. Would have been nice if Ford would have offered these things seeing that they offer them for the overseas customers. The Platinum Ranger is really the best looking truck in mid size class, but sadly its only for overseas customers and I would buy that truck if it was available here.  The also offer a grab handle at every door opening, where in the states we get one on the passenger side front door. Ford also also has rear air vents on the overseas Ranger models, but here in the states that is not happening.  What gives, Ford you must really hate us here in the states unless your buying a F150. Ford is not the number one selling brand that is Toyota because they listen better to their customers wants. Where Ford only wants to sell you one thing an F150. Ford use to be a full line company sold all your vehicle needs at one place. I think that will be their downfall because people like to go to one place for all their vehicle needs and Ford does not offer that anymore. Do not get me wrong I love Ford and been with them for over 3 Decades as a customer but it seem they really do not want me anymore unless I want an F150, Bronco or Mustang because everything else in their lineup is not class leading. All I want from Ford is to offer me the Platinum Ranger you already make for your overseas customer with the 2.7 V6 not detuned with the full 335 horsepower like in the Bronco. Do a search for the Platinum Ranger it is the best looking Mid size truck inside and out, come on Ford give us the options people like choices. 

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-13.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-12.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-11.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-3.jpg

You know it's bad when we get decontented from the ROW Ranger....don't quite get that one. I'm sure we'll get some additional packages, but I doubt anything like the Platinum. I have driven F-150's just about all my life, but it's outgrown me, and I'll be getting a mid-size something before long. Being loyal to Ford is a little tough in this instance , but we can say it's better than a Frontier. I'm sure pricing won't reflect the less features, but we'll see! Glad you like your 2022 Tremor......nice truck?

• Like 1

You do things with your flagship model that you don’t do with other vehicles.  Tacoma is Toyota’s flagship and market leader.  F series is Ford’s.  Bronco will always get factory preference and if it comes down to supply chain shortages then F150 and Bronco come first.  That’s just good business.

It’s fairly obvious that Ford is being extra conservative on the launch to ensure higher quality and avoid parts shortages as much as possible.  I bet we will see a Platinum and more features but not this year.  If you can’t or don’t want to wait then go buy a Tacoma.

The Toyota fans are probably pissed they can’t get a Toyota Bronco or all the F150 features on Tundra.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Shelby32 said:

Ranger sales have been poor and bottom of the pack because lack of features and old tech and not class leading. Ford treats its American customers like step children where they known best and not the customer on anything other than a Mustang or F150.  I like what Toyota did and offers the features that their big truck has and even more. The taco has way more features then the any Ranger. I will list them Hybrid system, heated and cooled seats, heads up display, built in air compressor, Auto AWD, power running boards, 2.4 kw invertor, power tail gate and sunroof to name a few.

Good points Shelby32. Back in 2019, I purchased a 2019 Ford Ranger for my family's business. We acknowledged then as now that Ranger was old tech and not class leading. But it provided everything we needed in a pickup truck at the time, and as a Ford loyalist I didn't consider purchasing a Toyota, GM, or Nissan truck.

But nowadays, competition in the U.S. midsize pickup truck segment is more intense than ever. Ford has the potential to make a dent into Toyota's lead in this segment by bringing BEV (Lightning?) Ranger to market before Toyota does so with its BEV Tacoma or Hilux.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I would argue Ranger is 5th behind Super Duty and Explorer as well. Maybe even behind Bronco Sport. 

I was only counting trucks but overall you’re correct and even though I said F 150 I meant F series.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:13 AM, silvrsvt said:

Overall not as bad as I thought was going to wind up looking like...but I do have beg the question, who was the person who signed off on the piano black wheel arches? They look like they would get marked up to hell in normal driving or scratched to hell off roading..

If they were on an all black truck, I think they'd look good.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:56 AM, akirby said:

Like what, exactly?  I don’t see much that Tacoma has that Ranger doesn’t.

Tacoma has a sunroof ,ventilated seats, power up and down tailgate, a better balance of hard button vs on screen controls, optional white or amber fog lights, lights at the top of the bed. Hybrid has a regular 8 speed transmission.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, rmc523 said:

I think it's supposed to keep the seat from rocking side to side. Seems like you have to use a bicycle pump to fill it. Might be half baked if you can't just press a button. It may be something like the Bose Ride system they use in big trucks to reduce driver fatigue.

14 hours ago, Shelby32 said:

Fords F150 is number 1 in selling name plate only if you separate the the GM twins which together sell more than Ford in trucks. The Ranger sales have been poor and bottom of the pack because lack of features and old tech and not class leading. Ford treats its American customers like step children where they known best and not the customer on anything other than a Mustang or F150.  I like what Toyota did and offers the features that their big truck has and even more. The taco has way more features then the any Ranger. I will list them Hybrid system, heated and cooled seats, heads up display, built in air compressor, Auto AWD, power running boards, 2.4 kw invertor, power tail gate and sunroof to name a few. I know what you guys are going to say buy the F150, well not all of us want a huge truck and I for one don't like driving them and would rather a have a mid size truck with all the features of the big trucks. Would have been nice if Ford would have offered these things seeing that they offer them for the overseas customers. The Platinum Ranger is really the best looking truck in mid size class, but sadly its only for overseas customers and I would buy that truck if it was available here.  The also offer a grab handle at every door opening, where in the states we get one on the passenger side front door. Ford also also has rear air vents on the overseas Ranger models, but here in the states that is not happening.  What gives, Ford you must really hate us here in the states unless your buying a F150. Ford is not the number one selling brand that is Toyota because they listen better to their customers wants. Where Ford only wants to sell you one thing an F150. Ford use to be a full line company sold all your vehicle needs at one place. I think that will be their downfall because people like to go to one place for all their vehicle needs and Ford does not offer that anymore. Do not get me wrong I love Ford and been with them for over 3 Decades as a customer but it seem they really do not want me anymore unless I want an F150, Bronco or Mustang because everything else in their lineup is not class leading. All I want from Ford is to offer me the Platinum Ranger you already make for your overseas customer with the 2.7 V6 not detuned with the full 335 horsepower like in the Bronco. Do a search for the Platinum Ranger it is the best looking Mid size truck inside and out, come on Ford give us the options people like choices. 

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-13.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-12.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-11.jpg

2023-Ford-Ranger-Platinum-3.jpg

That's the Ranger I'd like to see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

You do things with your flagship model that you don’t do with other vehicles.  Tacoma is Toyota’s flagship and market leader.  F series is Ford’s.  Bronco will always get factory preference and if it comes down to supply chain shortages then F150 and Bronco come first.  That’s just good business.

It’s fairly obvious that Ford is being extra conservative on the launch to ensure higher quality and avoid parts shortages as much as possible.  I bet we will see a Platinum and more features but not this year.  If you can’t or don’t want to wait then go buy a Tacoma.

The Toyota fans are probably pissed they can’t get a Toyota Bronco or all the F150 features on Tundra.

Even though F-150 is Ford's flagship, the mid and small size markets are heating up. Ford did well with Maverick. I think they could have done better with Ranger, especially since it's been around for some time. They keep annoying customers with the F-150 by decontenting so many features that shoppers are looking elsewhere. To make things even worse, Ford can't produce their hot products in a timely manor. I gave up after waiting 2 years for a Bronco. I then waited 6 months to get an F-150 and that's with the help of my dealer working with Ford to move my priority up.

Last I looked, Ranger sales were down 22%. I'm curious to see if things get better with the new model, since everyone else has something new as well. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 6:56 AM, akirby said:

I have seen you post here that you would like to move to Ranger but would require a 6' bed. I am downsizing from F150 Lariat to midsize and want features I had on my F150 that only Tacoma and GM offer. Any F150 owner that wants to downsize but retain F150 features is not being accommodated by Ford Ranger and I sure as hell don't want a Bronco. Ford removing content available in global Ranger that would match competitors features here, in your mind is just good business ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maginty said:

I have seen you post here that you would like to move to Ranger but would require a 6' bed. I am downsizing from F150 Lariat to midsize and want features I had on my F150 that only Tacoma and GM offer. Any F150 owner that wants to downsize but retain F150 features is not being accommodated by Ford Ranger and I sure as hell don't want a Bronco. Ford removing content available in global Ranger that would match competitors features here, in your mind is just good business??

Just out of curiosity, what features are those that are so important?

Edited by ice-capades

• ice-capades changed the title to 2024 Tacoma Shown Off
2 hours ago, maginty said:

I have seen you post here that you would like to move to Ranger but would require a 6' bed. I am downsizing from F150 Lariat to midsize and want features I had on my F150 that only Tacoma and GM offer. Any F150 owner that wants to downsize but retain F150 features is not being accommodated by Ford Ranger and I sure as hell don't want a Bronco. Ford removing content available in global Ranger that would match competitors features here, in your mind is just good business ??

Again you’re not getting the bigger picture,  Ford sold 100k rangers per year with one engine and far less features and options prior to supply chain issues.  When it comes to factory space and parts Bronco is a higher priority.  You may not want a Bronco but Ford sure does - way more profit.  

In Rest of World Ranger is Ford’s only pickup and those markets are completely different.  What sells there may not sell here and costs and profit are different.  

Finally and probably most important - we obviously haven’t seen all the models or features yet.  Some will come in a few months like the 2.7L.  Others may show up next year or two.  I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a Platinum model soon but I doubt it will have all of those F150 features.  

Like I said, personal disappointment is understandable if you have specific wants, but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad business decision when you take into account F series, Bronco and Ranger sales in combination.   And there will be lots of buyers that will buy a F150 to get those features.  Just like you.

31 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just out of curiosity, what features are those that are so important?

Ventilated seats, rear seat vents, 4 auto available on competitors and global Ranger + in dash pop out cupholders.

Plus, GM announced on July 28/22 they were offering 430lbft on reg fuel, and Ford had 10 months  knowing what # to beat and they come up with 400 lbft with late availability on the Ranger already 18 months behind. Ford has the Bronco 3.0 with 406hp/440lbft on reg fuel which would have had class leading specs before Tacoma announcement and would still outperform Tacoma with 80 hp advantage.

Ford has all this, not something that has to be developed and they refuse to offer it, at least on Lariat trim, and it would be extra profit dollars which I would classify as " just good business"!

After waiting too long for the new Ranger, in Nov, I turned to GM to order a '23 Canyon and was told they were building '22s till end of Dec, and '23s starting in Feb '23. The called me early Feb and I priced an AT4 which they said could start build right away, I said ok, then they called back and said the order was held up, unless I agreed to cancel the AT4 premium package, otherwise the build would be held up 5 months or change order to Denali that I initially wanted but it had an extra 1" lift over the standard 2" lift which I wasn't thrilled with to start. Among the many things in the AT4 premium package is heated steering wheel and ventilated seats. To keep my order and get a year old truck in Sept/Oct wasn't happening, so I decided to wait and see what Ranger and Tacoma would offer, and still have the option to order a '24 Canyon if necessary.

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

So all you care about is bragging rights/bench racing?  Do you honestly think GMs 4 cyl 2.7 will outperform The Nano 2.7L ecoboost?

I don't know, I do know the GM puts out more hp and torque than the 2.7 Bronco from idle to 4000 rpm, and Bronco has a bit more power than the Ranger. Until we know the tune in the Ranger, it's a guess, and the speed the Ranger rollout has been on, it could be quite awhile, or you know exactly when late availability is?

Do you honestly think the Nano 2.7L ecoboost will outperform the Tacoma i-FORCE MAX?

How long are you going to keep your head buried in the sand waving the Ford flag when the competition offers so much more than Ranger?

21 minutes ago, maginty said:

I don't know, I do know the GM puts out more hp and torque than the 2.7 Bronco from idle to 4000 rpm, and Bronco has a bit more power than the Ranger. Until we know the tune in the Ranger, it's a guess, and the speed the Ranger rollout has been on, it could be quite awhile, or you know exactly when late availability is?

Do you honestly think the Nano 2.7L ecoboost will outperform the Tacoma i-FORCE MAX?

How long are you going to keep your head buried in the sand waving the Ford flag when the competition offers so much more than Ranger?

I never said they didn’t.  I tried to explain why Ranger will likely never match Tacoma on everything.  Same reason Tundra won’t match F150.  But you don’t want to hear facts you just want to complain that they aren’t doing what you want.  So go buy a Canyorado or a Tacoma and stop griping about something they’re not building.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:45 PM, akirby said:

I’ll give you some of those, but to be fair we haven’t yet seen everything Ford has planned for Ranger.  And don’t forget Tacoma is the flagship whereas Ranger isn’t so it will probably never have everything.

Yeah, I think we'll eventually see more features in Ranger, but I think they're playing it safe with components restrictions.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:56 AM, akirby said:

I think the 4-Runner is finally being redesigned soon for the first time since what....'07.......seems like they finally got around to that '07 batch of vehicles (Tundra, Sequoia, 4-Runner, GX, LX.

20 hours ago, akirby said:

Again you’re not getting the bigger picture,  Ford sold 100k rangers per year with one engine and far less features and options prior to supply chain issues.  When it comes to factory space and parts Bronco is a higher priority.  You may not want a Bronco but Ford sure does - way more profit.  

In Rest of World Ranger is Ford’s only pickup and those markets are completely different.  What sells there may not sell here and costs and profit are different.  

Finally and probably most important - we obviously haven’t seen all the models or features yet.  Some will come in a few months like the 2.7L.  Others may show up next year or two.  I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a Platinum model soon but I doubt it will have all of those F150 features.  

Like I said, personal disappointment is understandable if you have specific wants, but it doesn’t mean it’s a bad business decision when you take into account F series, Bronco and Ranger sales in combination.   And there will be lots of buyers that will buy a F150 to get those features.  Just like you.

The lack of rear seat air, especially 1) if ROW models have it, and 2) the complaints about Bronco not having it, is poor customer research.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

In other news, hilariously, folks over at GMI are claiming the Tacoma is "overrought", overstyled, and has a huge front air dam......all while praising this....

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=960

They're really not that different....

I agree, but I think Toyota does have them beat on over styled a little.....and on the air dam!

2024 Toyota Tacoma - MotorWeek First Looks

• Like 1