New removal for F-150s - XLT, Lariat, King Ranch - Bed Camera Removal

geniepro

Anybody have any info about the new Dealer Memo about Bed Camera removal? The rumor has it that it will be added to all orders that have 360 camera, on Jan 26th.

I have a Window Sticker already, with the truck "In Production" status and scheduled to be built on the 29th.

Will I get through and still get the Bed Camera? Curious about the exact verbiage in the memo, if it clarifies anything or past experience from prior updates for cars with "In Production" status.

42 minutes ago, tbone said:

I don’t know the answer to your question, but they really need to start giving people the option to wait for these options if they want them.  Put it in the hands of the customer, instead of arbitrarily screwing everyone.  

An order can be cancelled at any time before it’s scheduled.

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

An order can be cancelled at any time before it’s scheduled.

Of course it can, but how about letting people wait it out if they want.  Rarely is the case there are zero parts available of the course of the model year.  It would save the trouble of reordering at some point if that was the case. 

There are some options I don’t want to compromise on and if the truck showed up without them without my prior consent, I wouldn’t take the vehicle. 

8 hours ago, tbone said:

Of course it can, but how about letting people wait it out if they want.  Rarely is the case there are zero parts available of the course of the model year.  It would save the trouble of reordering at some point if that was the case. 

There are some options I don’t want to compromise on and if the truck showed up without them without my prior consent, I wouldn’t take the vehicle. 

I agree they shouldn’t delete major items without notification.  But what I’ve seen is they either provide the delete option and the buyer can decide if they want to keep or delete it or they announce that the change will affect all builds and then the buyer has the option to take the deletion or change the order to priority 99 and wait to see if it changes.

• Like 1

I was sooooo close from having the truck with no removals, other than the auto start/stop - which I’m happy about. 

It’s also nerve racking that nobody can answer if the in production orders would be updated. I know dealers can’t update them, Ford could, but don’t know if they would, if it makes sense. 

• 7 months later...

My '23 Tremor with Dearborn consecutive build #80761 must have been built before the bed camera delete happened. I didn't order the truck. It does have three other feature deletes - Auto Start/Stop (YAY!), Advanced Security Pack (yawn) and Heated Steering Wheel (bummer) with $240 in credits.

Anyone know if the heated steering wheel feature can be activated once parts (chip?) are available?

I'm also seriously considering swapping the steering wheel for a Raptor wheel with the paddle shifters.

The new setup with the manual shift button hidden underneath the console shifter is really annoying compared to my old '18 which had a separate "M" position on the console shifter. And, yes, I realize a raptor steering wheel won't solve that problem.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, blksn8k2 said:

My '23 Tremor with Dearborn consecutive build #80761 must have been built before the bed camera delete happened. I didn't order the truck. It does have three other feature deletes - Auto Start/Stop (YAY!), Advanced Security Pack (yawn) and Heated Steering Wheel (bummer) with $240 in credits.

Anyone know if the heated steering wheel feature can be activated once parts (chip?) are available?

I'm also seriously considering swapping the steering wheel for a Raptor wheel with the paddle shifters.

The new setup with the manual shift button hidden underneath the console shifter is really annoying compared to my old '18 which had a separate "M" position on the console shifter. And, yes, I realize a raptor steering wheel won't solve that problem.

I have read people adding back the heated steering wheel, but I think it included buying the whole new steering wheel, and then using forscan to activated or something to that effect. It could work out well for you if you are going to use a raptor steering wheel.