2023 Ford Accessories

OGWillys

My 23 Super Duty is scheduled for production next week and I’d like to start ordering some accessories so that I have them ready to install on the truck when it arrives (hopefully in a few months). To simplify my order I left out wheel well liners, mud flaps, and hood deflector.

Any idea when Ford typically releases these items for a new model year?

32 minutes ago, Tarmijo94 said:

Following as I've been wondering the same. Ill probably wait until the truck shows up as I don't trust the estimates. Ill be getting some things third party too (bed cover, steps) and haven't seen anything on other sites either.

Probably not a bad idea considering what happened to many folks last year. Being in the salt belt myself, I’d like to outfit the truck with some protection right out of the gate.

Nice to see that tonneau cover manufacturers seem to be confirming 2023 compatibility. Nothing from WeatherTech, yet..

Do we know if the bed lengths are the same I heard on the reveal from the 23s that they’ve shortened the height of the bed but could be wrong.. also I noticed looking for a tonneau cover that the sizes vary from different manufacturers one says 6’9 another says 6’10 I think I may wait to get mine so I can measure it

To all the northern salt using state truck buyers,  the Ford mud flaps are a joke.  My 22 KR has significant road/salt rash on both sides of the rear wheel wells because the front flaps don't stop the spray and with the fancy auto deploy steps kept tucked up the spray hits the wheel lips.  Glad I got the extra paint protection that I'll use at the 35 month mark.  See pic. its much worse after this was taken 6 months ago.   Rob

20220331_092658.jpg

1 hour ago, d232799 said:

To all the northern salt using state truck buyers,  the Ford mud flaps are a joke.  My 22 KR has significant road/salt rash on both sides of the rear wheel wells because the front flaps don't stop the spray and with the fancy auto deploy steps kept tucked up the spray hits the wheel lips.  Glad I got the extra paint protection that I'll use at the 35 month mark.  See pic. its much worse after this was taken 6 months ago.   Rob

20220331_092658.jpg

That’s pretty sad to be honest 

12 hours ago, d232799 said:

20220331_092658.jpg

Looks more like rock chips to me. I don't have any problem from salt. I can't see how a mudflap is going to stop salt spray, it is a liquid. Maybe your road department uses non-screened sand?

Well some back road sand and rock damage for sure,   but I guess the point is Ford's use of a front mud flap that's like 5" long up front does nothing to protect the rear wheel lip from constant road 

spray damage.  I paid extra for the mud flaps,  hence the reason I replied to this Accessories posting.  I'll add this happened within 6 months and 5K miles.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:17 PM, AskF350 said:

Do we know if the bed lengths are the same I heard on the reveal from the 23s that they’ve shortened the height of the bed but could be wrong.. also I noticed looking for a tonneau cover that the sizes vary from different manufacturers one says 6’9 another says 6’10 I think I may wait to get mine so I can measure it

I've talked to a couple of places who make bed covers in the last week, and they have all told me in the last week their '22 covers will fit the 23 beds as there was no sizing change. Noticed that online places were starting to list them as '17-23 and was trying to verify if that was real or not, they all said yes that's correct. (Extang and one other, don't remember)

• Like 1

Another Ford Accessory I have is the very light weight bed "plastic" carpet.  Its a 3/4" foam mat with a plastic top.  I wanted the hard rubber ones they made from 2010 to whenever but the dealer got this for me.  Its ok but almost blew out coming home with it on day one.  I can remove it easily to hose it off but I ripped a hole in it loading  a pallet of tile.  Just my 2cents.

I spoke with a guy at the Ford parts counter and he said that with other new models, they usually have access to parts months ahead of vehicles hitting the lot. He wasn’t able to pull up anything for the 23 Super Duty. Not a good sign, unfortunately. 

On 1/28/2023 at 9:37 AM, OGWillys said:

I spoke with a guy at the Ford parts counter and he said that with other new models, they usually have access to parts months ahead of vehicles hitting the lot. He wasn’t able to pull up anything for the 23 Super Duty. Not a good sign, unfortunately. 

A few weeks ago now Asked my dealer to try and look up front well liners, he was able to pull up '23 Super Duty parts. Nothing was available at that point (that we looked at), but IIRC it was only the first week of Jan.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Fox-BLUE1 said:

I’ve been checking the Ford accessory website for awhile and this is the first time I’m seeing the tonneau cover showing 2021-2023. I also called up RealTruck and they guaranteed that the 2021-2022 is the same as the 2023.  Hopefully this is true! Just wanted to share. 

20928A45-5DDE-4F34-A5DF-81E5B5523B5C.png

$3200 for a tonneau cover is ridiculous I get mine from Gator covers a lot cheaper 

1 hour ago, AggieF350 said:

$3200 for a tonneau cover is ridiculous I get mine from Gator covers a lot cheaper 

I think Ford's is made by Retrax and comes with T-Slot rails which is about $2,800ish. Definitely close to the equivalent Gator.  I think the Ford price may include shipping to the dealer and installation.

Edited by Monoman

46 minutes ago, Monoman said:

I think Ford's is made by Retrax and comes with T-Slot rails which is about $2,800ish. Definitely close to the equivalent Gator.  I think the Ford price may include shipping to the dealer and installation.

On his picture it shows + $120 installation 

?‍♂️ 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AggieF350 said:

Is this in Canada? I went on the fords accessory website and it’s $2200 with a $84 installed at dealership 

US prices from the Ford Accessories site.  Maybe you are comparing Manual to Power retract?

Manual retract

$2250 for Short Bed

$2470 for Long Bed

Power Retract

$3260 for Short Bed

$3410 for Long Bed

• 3 weeks later...

I went aftermarket on my 2022 F350

https://duraflap.com/  Best mudflap out there. I got the extra wide. Excellent customer service. Quality material and the actually work.

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-aluminum-series?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand-product&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8PVkoy7_QIVYgCtBh17RAMbEAAYAiAAEgIxN_D_BwE

They appear to make the OEM retractable, but if compared side by side the Retrax is better quality. If you watch for sales you can save over the OEM option. Install is easy.

https://bedrug.com/

I skipped the spray in liners and got the impact bed mat - had the rug before and the impact bed material is a whole lot better.

I also got the BullRing stake pocket tie downs. The sit higher than the bed links and offer additional tie down points. Sit flush when not in use

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YODA said:

I went aftermarket on my 2022 F350

https://duraflap.com/  Best mudflap out there. I got the extra wide. Excellent customer service. Quality material and the actually work.

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-aluminum-series?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=brand-product&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8PVkoy7_QIVYgCtBh17RAMbEAAYAiAAEgIxN_D_BwE

They appear to make the OEM retractable, but if compared side by side the Retrax is better quality. If you watch for sales you can save over the OEM option. Install is easy.

https://bedrug.com/

I skipped the spray in liners and got the impact bed mat - had the rug before and the impact bed material is a whole lot better.

I also got the BullRing stake pocket tie downs. The sit higher than the bed links and offer additional tie down points. Sit flush when not in use

Yoda,

I'm also interested in the impact bedmat vs the classic.  How is the grip of the impact material?  I'm concerned things might slide around more versus the friction that the classic carpet surface offers.