Ford Increasing production of Mach E for 2023

Ford is now competing with Tesla when it comes to servicing too. Not just for Mustang Mach-E but for all Ford vehicles. A few days ago they announced that "Ford customers nationwide now can enjoy complimentary Pickup & Delivery as well as expanded mobile services from participating dealers as part of the company’s increased commitment to enhancing the ownership experience." Ford Announces Nationwide Expansion of Complimentary Pickup & Delivery, Mobile Service for All Ford Customers | Ford Media Center 

• Like 1

Our dealership leaves our vehicles a filthy mess if we drop it off just for an oil change.  Ain't no freaking way they're picking it up too!  My wife works 2 blocks from the dealership, so she drops it off and walks to work.  And lets them know every single time that she would like for it to be kept clean and to avoid leaving greasy hand prints like they did on the (cloth) seats and headliner in the Milan.  Ugh!

Problem is, we get the same thing no matter where we go, and I just don't want to deal with changing my own oil anymore.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Ford is now competing with Tesla when it comes to servicing too. Not just for Mustang Mach-E but for all Ford vehicles. A few days ago they announced that "Ford customers nationwide now can enjoy complimentary Pickup & Delivery as well as expanded mobile services from participating dealers as part of the company’s increased commitment to enhancing the ownership experience." Ford Announces Nationwide Expansion of Complimentary Pickup & Delivery, Mobile Service for All Ford Customers | Ford Media Center 

Those dreaded words... ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Our dealership leaves our vehicles a filthy mess if we drop it off just for an oil change.  Ain't no freaking way they're picking it up too!  My wife works 2 blocks from the dealership, so she drops it off and walks to work.  And lets them know every single time that she would like for it to be kept clean and to avoid leaving greasy hand prints like they did on the (cloth) seats and headliner in the Milan.  Ugh!

Problem is, we get the same thing no matter where we go, and I just don't want to deal with changing my own oil anymore.

agreed.  
a Lincoln rep might be different as I’d assume they’re held to a higher standard, but not sure I’d want that for Ford service.

Analysts at Bank of America say that both Ford's and Tesla's recent price cuts "make no sense". Tesla and Ford's Price Cuts Make No Sense but Musk Has an Edge: BofA (businessinsider.com)

Tesla kicked off 2023 by slashing the price of its vehicles by as much as 20%, and this week Ford did the same for its electric Mustang Mach-E model range.

Neither move made much sense, according to Bank of America, though Tesla still holds a near-term advantage, the bank analysts said. 

"The logic appears odd to us," strategists wrote in a Tuesday note. "Both TSLA and Ford are citing demand that exceeds supply, which means that cutting prices would be a direct hit to the bottom line today and unnecessarily degrades future earnings power."

Make no sense?  How about interest rates are going through the roof,  a recession is here..  people are not spending like they used to and now they are trying to cut prices to get sales.

Many manufacturers are running rebates..   Ford is offering $4k+ rebates on vehicles like the Explorer, VW is offering a $3k rebate on a new VW.  The cost of EV continue to increase and are turning many away that were potentially interested.

2 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

How about interest rates are going through the roof,  a recession is here..  people are not spending like they used to and now they are trying to cut prices to get sales.

Those are macroeconomic factors that impact the entire global industry. I think that's why the BOA analysts are concerned with Ford cutting prices for Mustang Mach-E the way it did. Ford's financial position is relatively weak compared to competitors like GM and VW, neither of which has taken similar pricing actions on BEV in response to Tesla.

Jim Farley pretty much confirmed in the Q4 2022 earnings call today that the company unnecessarily degraded its earnings power last year. Ford posts lower profit, issues downbeat outlook; shares drop | Reuters

"We should have done much better last year," Ford CEO Jim Farley said in a statement. “We left about $2 billion in profits on the table that were within our control." In an analyst call, Farley added: "We have deeply entrenched issues in our industrial system," saying "this has been humbling for both me and my team."

I’m 100% for Ford pressing harder with Mach E, it’s one way of showing Ford competing directly with Tesla 

and that is an important perception in US, Europe and China.

Ford has to be seen competing with Tesla Mach E and a compact crossover would help big time.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1