Possible Mach-E related model spotted

Article claims it’s a next Mustang Mach-E design mock-up, but I don’t think Ford would abandon the current RWD proportions after the trouble of redesigning the Mach-E for that reason. 
Side profile reminds me a bit of the Lincoln L100 concept.DCAF464F-E09D-4C66-A3E9-93F3FF4796BE.thumb.jpeg.4ae3b8cfa6309629323a12b0b7a6f263.jpeg

6 hours ago, BigBendMatt said:

Article claims it’s a next Mustang Mach-E design mock-up, but I don’t think Ford would abandon the current RWD proportions after the trouble of redesigning the Mach-E for that reason. 

The wheelbase on that covered vehicle looks short too, I doubt Ford would make it shorter than the one on the current model.

Edited by AM222

Regardless whatever it is, I love seeing spy pics like this! Reminds me of the 80’s and 90’s when more stuff was caught by spies, it was exciting! Of course we’d have to wait until the new car magazines each month to see them unlike now with instant internet access.

• Like 3

For the love of God, do not put this into production. I'm not trying to be rude, but this genuinely feels like the end result of designers deliberately making all the wrong choices to make the ugliest vehicle they can while snickering under their breath. If this was the next gen mach-e, it would be the biggest miss ford design has ever had imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mackinaw said:

I wonder what's with that running board, or whatever you want to call it, that is directly beneath the doors?

31 minutes ago, twintornados said:

It looks like part of the sidewalk on the other side of the car.

Nope, definitely part of the car.  It just looks awkward because the bottom sill is black and then you have a bit of body color peaking out from under the black plastic wrap.

Mysterious-Ford-or-Lincoln-Mockup-Spy-Shots-February-2023-Exterior-002-2.thumb.jpg.5492c50bb5f44fd62700df43cebb07ab.jpg

https://fordauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Mysterious-Ford-or-Lincoln-Mockup-Spy-Shots-February-2023-Exterior-002-1024x683.jpg

This thing looks kind of small and car-like... perhaps it is the replacement for Chinese Focus. Ford is ending production of Focus in Germany later this year so Ford China will be in charge of the next gen design. This is probably an early styling buck. 

7 hours ago, bzcat said:

This thing looks kind of small and car-like... perhaps it is the replacement for Chinese Focus. Ford is ending production of Focus in Germany later this year so Ford China will be in charge of the next gen design. This is probably an early styling buck. 

A potential Prius-like Focus successor? It does look like a wedge. Interesting.

The all-new Prius
2023-toyota-prius-japan-front-three-quar

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bzcat said:

Two thoughts,

1. could this be the second BEV to be built at Cologne, a compact crossover?
2. Could this be North America/China wanting both the Mach E and a BEV compact crossover?