Ford January 2023 Sales - Up 2.0% Overall

While I’m critical of Ford for perceived missteps, their results last year and last month are far from disastrous

and actually shows a desire to mitigate losses where possible. Strong F Series sales is the foundation that

Ford needs to build the rest of its range. There’s still a ton of sales to come this year from C2 product.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

Funny they left the underlines in place where the sub totals used to be.

Must have been a last minute change.

Yeah, I noticed that.  It was probably a case where someone higher up had the idea to add the "powertrain" breakout, and they had to make space somewhere to fit it on a page, so they deleted the section totals.  Hey, it makes my charts more relevant/informative than just colors....

On 2/3/2023 at 10:38 PM, akirby said:

Funny they left the underlines in place where the sub totals used to be.

Must have been a last minute change.

Yes, it’s like now that car sales are down to Mustang and Ford sedans are gone

EVs and hybrids would be more of a talking point in the sales call.

Not sure what message they intend sending when 90% of sales are still ICE vehicles.

54 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Yes, it’s like now that car sales are down to Mustang and Ford sedans are gone

EVs and hybrids would be more of a talking point in the sales call.

Not sure what message they intend sending when 90% of sales are still ICE vehicles.

Yeah, I know they're trying to promote the growth of BEV sales, but seeing the massive disparity between BEV and ICE looks sad right now.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I know they're trying to promote the growth of BEV sales, but seeing the massive disparity between BEV and ICE looks sad right now.

It does and perhaps that’s the journey Ford wants people to follow instead of constantly mentioning low car sales.

It does muck up your graphs and trending

I do wish Ford would sell new larger Mondeo stateside as Taurus 

Edited by jpd80

21 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It does and perhaps that’s the journey Ford wants people to follow instead of constantly mentioning low car sales.

It does muck up your graphs and trending

I do wish Ford would sell new larger Mondeo stateside as Taurus 

I actually kept the same setup, leaving room for a car return of some sort - far easier than having to delete rows and whatnot to adjust everything.  I didn't bother including the powertrain breakdown in January, but I could if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I actually kept the same setup, leaving room for a car return of some sort - far easier than having to delete rows and whatnot to adjust everything.  I didn't bother including the powertrain breakdown in January, but I could if anyone is interested.

You’re always thinking ahead.

33 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

You’re always thinking ahead.

Well:

1) It'd be a pain to delete rows and make sure all the formulas line up correctly still, so it partially me being lazy, and

2) I do believe we'll see the return of 1 sedan-like model eventually......I'd have brought over Evos and badged it Fusion.

• Like 1