China only Edge show in ST-Line configuration

If they had kept the front end, which looks great imo, and used side surfacing similar to this, but obviously larger, and maybe a bit edgier (pun totally intended) it would have looked fantastic. There's just no synergy. The front end is sharp and strong looking and the side is lumpy and soft. 

Nissan-Juke_01.jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang

36 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Well, the Chinese Edge looks better than the 2024 North American Edge.  See picture below.

---->

That isn’t saying much. I get your point, there isn’t one doesn’t take away from the fact that the Chinese Edge is ugly as fuck.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

If they had kept the front end, which looks great imo, and used side surfacing similar to this, but obviously larger, and maybe a bit edgier (pun totally intended) it would have looked fantastic. There's just no synergy. The front end is sharp and strong looking and the side is lumpy and soft. 

Nissan-Juke_01.jpg

The Nissan Puke is hardly the vehicle I'd use for styling inspiration lol.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The Nissan Puke is hardly the vehicle I'd use for styling inspiration lol.

The newer ones are actually quite good looking, and for most people, it's the front end they don't like. But I'm focusing on the side. It's muscular, and sport, it's what the edge styling should be. How ironic that the last few edge designs seem to have lost all their edginess. 

27 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

The newer ones are actually quite good looking, and for most people, it's the front end they don't like. But I'm focusing on the side. It's muscular, and sport, it's what the edge styling should be. How ironic that the last few edge designs seem to have lost all their edginess. 

The don't sell the Juke in the US any more...maybe your thinking the Kicks? Which I don't think I've ever seen one on the road yet...

47 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The don't sell the Juke in the US any more...maybe your thinking the Kicks? Which I don't think I've ever seen one on the road yet...

I know, the one that's sold almost exclusively in Europe is the one I'm thinking of. The first gen Juke we got was hideous, the new one is alright. 

That rear kick up destroys the look of this vehicle for me.  The design doesn’t look cohesive with that styling element.  

I would be curious to see how this would sell here, a version not built in China though.  It seems there are plenty of vehicle models that don’t appeal to me that sell well in the US. This would certainly be a different product for Ford, styling wise. 

The front of the Chinese Edge doesn’t match  the styling of the rest of the vehicle, it looks like

it was transplanted from another vehicle, that and the new door skins hiding an old vehicle.

Just another example of why Ford is in trouble in China, the disconnect from buyers is shocking.

Why would buyers ever look at this when there’s a veritable smorgasbord of better, fresher vehicles.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The front of the Chinese Edge doesn’t match  the styling of the rest of the vehicle, it looks like

it was transplanted from another vehicle, that and the new door skins hiding an old vehicle.

Its not that at all...its based off the EVOS

ford-evos-2-800x461.jpg?v=1633684521

edge.thumb.jpg.7231fbb346718ab613f870a7917a2b99.jpg

Just the EVOS is overall a better design

9 hours ago, tbone said:

?

It looks like I’m bumping up against that tuckster 3-row utility that’s a modern stationwagon versus Evos that’s more desirable to the 2-row crossover folks…..that would make a great start for a next gen Mach E 

Hive the Edge the exact nose treatment of Evos and I’m onboard, so lm just minor detail….

Edited by jpd80

On 2/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, silvrsvt said:

Just the EVOS is overall a better design

The Hybrid AWD version of the all-new Edge without the chrome window trim looks good or at least, better. 
2024-Ford-Edge-China-9_2-1024x576.jpg
-Carscoops

It looks like Ford of Europe is borrowing the "headlight-integrated-into-the-grille" styling of the Chinese Edge for its B-segment Transit/Tourneo Courier van.
anteriore-Ford-Transit-Courier-2023-foto
-www.newsauto.it

Edited by AM222

• 2 weeks later...

2024 Ford Edge L Officially Debuts In China With, Oh, Edgy Styling

The Edge L is technically a successor to the Edge Plus and has a three-low layout with 2+2+3 seating. As you can probably tell, it's a rather large vehicle, bigger than another locally sold SUV, the Equator. Indeed, it stretches at a stately 196.9 inches (5,000 millimeters) long, 77.2 in (1,961 mm) wide, and 69.8 in (1,773 mm) tall. It carries a 2,950 mm (116.1 in) wheelbase and rides on alloys as large as 21 inches.

image.thumb.png.0a82b02f0e0a39f5a884a3ca263cad14.png

image.thumb.png.3e90745d7279c9b90ef1488c5a392ab6.png

https://www.motor1.com/news/654202/2024-ford-edge-l-debut/

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm not sure of the slotting of this vehicle-it is only 2 inches shorter and narrower then an Explorer?!

I think they know what their existing buyers want, it’s easier to sell more room as a positive

and I don’t think that detracts from Chinese Explorer buyers either….