Overload springs touching

EB1959

2022 F-350 CC 8' bed Diesel 2x4

Not sure why I didn't notice sooner.  When I hitch up to our 5th wheel and lower it onto the truck, the overload springs touch.  Would this mean it's overloaded or it's supposed too engage them?

My pin weight is 3340.   With the truck by it self with wife and I, our dogs, hitch, generator, and 40lb's of dog pens in bed, rear axle weight is 3960.  With the 5th wheel hitched up, drive axle is 7260.

Is this a problem?  I'm towing 16K

2 hours ago, EB1959 said:

Not sure why I didn't notice sooner.  When I hitch up to our 5th wheel and lower it onto the truck, the overload springs touch.  Would this mean it's overloaded or it's supposed too engage them?

My pin weight is 3340.   With the truck by it self with wife and I, our dogs, hitch, generator, and 40lb's of dog pens in bed, rear axle weight is 3960.  With the 5th wheel hitched up, drive axle is 7260.

XLT, Lariat etc? SRW,DRW 

what does your sticker say for payload?

20 hours ago, EB1959 said:

With my 2016 F-350 DRW 4x2 Diesel, I could put almost 6,000 lb on the rear axle. My pin weight was 3,200 lbs to 4,300 lbs, depending on the tanks and I had zero issues. You don't have any issue with the overload spring.

If anything, your numbers with a 22MY will be higher than my 2016.

• Like 1