FORD CONSIDERING MORE OFF-ROAD CAPABLE FORD EXPEDITION

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Man, I don’t see how anyone could afford it. Timberline can get into the 6 figures, I can’t imagine what this would cost. 

Is that with dealer markup, because build and price, fully loaded is in the mid to high 80's depending on accessories and the rear seat entertainment.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Man, I don’t see how anyone could afford it. Timberline can get into the 6 figures, I can’t imagine what this would cost. 

It baffles me how all these vehicles are in the 6 fig range. I guess I’m getting old because when I think of 100k I think of Lamborghini or Ferrari, not suburban, jeep, or f250 ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, T-dubz said:

It baffles me how all these vehicles are in the 6 fig range. I guess I’m getting old because when I think of 100k I think of Lamborghini or Ferrari, not suburban, jeep, or f250 ?

The F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 PSD long box XLT that we just bought to build a customer vehicle was $70K. I remember when $17K was big money for a Ford 4x4...heck, I remember when $25K was big money for any Ford...

2 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

The F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 PSD long box XLT that we just bought to build a customer vehicle was $70K. I remember when $17K was big money for a Ford 4x4...heck, I remember when $25K was big money for any Ford...

at the end of the 66 model year my mom bought a new Falcon, white, 6 cylinder, 3 speed column shifter no radio or cig lighter and rubber mats.  $1600.  I cracked the tran housing driving on a logging trail going thru a big mud hole about 30/40 mph and hit something solid and the car just stopped dead.  Did not find out till later when mom was driving on interstate and the tranny locked up after losing all the grease.  Good Times....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I think affordability is becoming a significant issue.  Even the bread and butter XLTs are in the same price range as Lariats from a few years ago.  My first new truck was a 97 F150 XLT extended cab 4x4 which I paid around $25k and then I eventually traded it for a 2001 F250 Lariat crew cab 4x4 which I paid around $33k.  Todays prices seem to be exceeding the cost of inflation which has been compounded by the more recent elevated inflation.  

2 hours ago, tbone said:

I think affordability is becoming a significant issue.  Even the bread and butter XLTs are in the same price range as Lariats from a few years ago.  My first new truck was a 97 F150 XLT extended cab 4x4 which I paid around $25k and then I eventually traded it for a 2001 F250 Lariat crew cab 4x4 which I paid around $33k.  Todays prices seem to be exceeding the cost of inflation which has been compounded by the more recent elevated inflation.  

XLs are running in price ranges that would've gotten you an XLT or Lariat, or maybe even an FX, when I bought mine. I think sticker on mine was around $29K (which was certainly not what I gave for it), but the closest I could currently configure an F-150 stickered for almost $40K--and I can't even get a direct analog to my STX (f'rinstance, it didn't give me an option for 18" wheels, and STX wasn't available as an option package, let alone the separate trim it used to be).

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, T-dubz said:

Haha, where have you been?  Those are $250-400k+

• Haha 1

The employee lot at the Ford facility I work at used to be nearly exclusively FoMoCo products.  Now? The non ford parking area seems to get fuller every year.  The younger employees are finding vehicles they can afford.  And I can’t say I blame them.  

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, mnm said:

The employee lot at the Ford facility I work at used to be nearly exclusively FoMoCo products.  Now? The non ford parking area seems to get fuller every year.  The younger employees are finding vehicles they can afford.  And I can’t say I blame them.  

There’s a lot more shitboxes in the MAP parking lot than there used to be since they hired a bunch of people from 2020-2022

Agree that cars are getting up there in price. Hope that prices come down in the near future for the regular people, but we shall see.

This is certainly an interesting vehicle. If it was made, I would prefer a solid rear axle, but I doubt that would actually happen. I would hope that it would turn out good, and not ruin the Raptor name, but Ford has been good with Raptor so far.

And Expedition Raptor R. (I joke on this one of course)!

Edited by Broncofan7

10 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

Agree that cars are getting up there in price. Hope that prices come down in the near future for the regular people, but we shall see.

The Average cost of a new car is around $50K...not sure how that is going to come down at all. Far too many people looking at just a monthly payment (which are getting eye poppingly expensive) vs actual cost of buying a car. 

When a low end product like the Maverick is getting a 10-15K ADM added to it, that doesn't help the lower end buyers either. 

Just as an example, if you could find a Maverick XL hybrid with no ADM and only put down $2500 for a downpayment, you'd still have a $422 a month car payment over 60 months with current rates. 

So its recommended to only use 10-15% of your after tax income and bills to put towards a car payment, so basically you'd need to make $52K a year and not have any other bills to worry about to afford something like that (using numbers from NY state-that was the first return I got on google)

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1