Assistance with x-plan pin (Canada)

17 hours ago, akirby said:

Don’t count on getting one.  Ford cracked down on employees giving pins to internet strangers.

I have some F stock and used one in 2012 for my C-Max and would be happy to help but I don't know the steps necessary.  Please DM me and I will try to help and if others on the board can offer suggestion on how to do please chime in.

ETA: of course DM from OP

Edited by tarheels23
info

56 minutes ago, tarheels23 said:

I have some F stock and used one in 2012 for my C-Max and would be happy to help but I don't know the steps necessary.  Please DM me and I will try to help and if others on the board can offer suggestion on how to do please chime in.

That doesn’t work.  Those were only good for the actual shareholder.

17 hours ago, tarheels23 said:

I have had Ford stock for years and used an X plan PIN to get my most recent vehicle (2019 MKZ-h) but, a couple months ago, when I was looking to get another PIN as I was in the market for a new vehicle, I found that getting an X plan PIN based on stock ownership went away last year (June, I think) and if you had a PIN, you had to use it by 31 December 2022.

Been eligible for X-Plan for the last 3 decades during which I bought two new Fords, in both cases dealers offered a slightly lower price 'cause they made a little more profit that way so never actually used X-Plan. Was a good bargaining chip though, loosing X-Plan and most of the Fords I wanted to buy means Ford has probably lost me as a customer.

30 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Been eligible for X-Plan for the last 3 decades during which I bought two new Fords, in both cases dealers offered a slightly lower price 'cause they made a little more profit that way so never actually used X-Plan. 

It’s impossible for the dealer to sell at less than x plan and make more profit on the vehicle because Ford gives the dealer a spiff check on every x plan sale.  They can however make more profit on the doc fee which could be as high as $800 without x plan - with x plan it’s limited to $100 - or by adding other fees or add ons that x plan do t allow.

28 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Doc fee was a bit less than $100.

Then they were lying about making more profit.  Maybe they just didn’t want to do the paperwork. 

The other possibility is there were incentives they kept that you didn’t know about that you would have gotten with x plan.