Gave the f350 more "behind the seat" storage room

Moved the rear seat forward 3", with that it gives plenty of room for much more gear.

Also added a modified and reinforced little safe for safe keeping when needed. No extra holes or modification of truck, everything can be put back or removed.

There may be weak links, but not in my material or modification....the truck could barrel roll down a mountain and fly apart from the centrifugal force, but the rear seat is not budging!

20230205_174517.jpg

20230205_174601.jpg

20230219_131444.jpg

20230219_131440.jpg

20230205_174025.jpg

20230217_130855.jpg

20230217_131034.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Moved the rear seat forward 3", with that it gives plenty of room for much more gear.

Also added a modified and reinforced little safe for safe keeping when needed. No extra holes or modification of truck, everything can be put back or removed.

There may be weak links, but not in my material or modification....the truck could barrel roll down a mountain and fly apart from the centrifugal force, but the rear seat is not budging!

Did you just add the four 4 inch (?) brackets?

Does the seat back lean back a little more now?

On 2/25/2023 at 5:37 PM, rottekatz1 said:

Did you just add the four 4 inch (?) brackets?

Does the seat back lean back a little more now?

I wouldn't use 4" as it would not have enough material past the attachment points (bolts) to counteract any fulcrum force (worst case senerio kinda shit).

If you had 1 or 2 small kids in the back in a "worst case" situation with 4" plates, or thinner plates or wrong material, you would probably be OK, but if you had 3 large guys, you just significantly increased the forces of that seat being pulled in all directions violently.

Used total of 9 (if I remember correctly) 6"x2"x.25" A572/60 plates with grade 8 bolts to seat and using all existing factory bolts for rear plate fasteners. Bolts have plenty of tensile strength to maintain and plates are ridged but would allow some deflection to keep from breaking factory bolts. Plates are 6" (total)to have enough surface area past bolts to lessen any outward fulcrum deformation(Once again, figuring for worst case, in a catostrophic wreck barrel roiling down a mountain with 3 fat dudes in the back)

Holes are 3" apart to move seat 3" forward. With both front and rear plates (brackets) being 1/4" it only raises seat 1/4" up,  no tilting.

Yeah, I used more math on my seat modification than road turtle did on his 2022 taxes???

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, road turtle said:

Math is hard....

Not sure how I got dragged into this conversation with my taxes...???

Lol.... I assume lots of deductions and itemization See you at your traveling all over the country and working at the same time.

.....well...and... You're the only name I could think of on short notice..???