2000 F550 2wd low range project

Looking for help and advise before starting project.

2000 F550 Crewcab 200" WB 7.3l Diesel 2wd Automatic

Recently at 260K miles I had a complete loss of forward gears while still having the reverse gear. From my research this is a catastrophic failure requiring a full rebuild on the transmission. I would love 

to undertake a manual trans swap but I don't have the time and energy to get it done in the budget and time I have to dedicate. I am seeking advice on parts needed and problems I might run into swapping

my 2wd automatic transmission for a 4wd auto. I need the low range for slow low gear climbing that likely toasted the original transmission.

Parts I need:

-4wd trans

-transfer case(hopefully manual engagement)

-driveshaft

-4wd trans mounting bracket?

Has anyone completed a project like this before on a long wheelbase model? I believe the mounting bracket, transfer case and transmission is universal across all super duty trucks. Does the whole driveshaft 

need to be replaced or is it just the one section closest to the trans/tcase? I am planning on getting a remanned trans from monster transmission for the value and warrantee. 

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

So you’re looking to run the transfer case without a front driveshaft or diff?

I think you probably need to also change the rear diff ratio.  Why not just get a tranny with a numerically lower overdrive and a numerically higher rear diff?

Akirby,

Thanks for the response. The answer is yes, I plan to run the front end in a 2wd configuration. The rear end will run through the transfer case. The idea is the low range will be significantly lower for steep grades

and will save tons of stress on the transmission. Currently the rear diff is the highest ratio you can get and changing the overdrive ratio would likely be expensive and not solve the low and slow power of a transfer

case. 

Thank you for your ideas.