2021 F350 - AGM Battery Super Duty upgrade

Patriot1

Last Sunday, I noticed that I had battery corrosion starting under my tie downs on both of my wet cell batteries in my 2021 Super Duty 6.7 diesel.
So I removed the tie downs cleaned the battery acid off, sanded and repainted and tie downs. (I have read on other forums the OEM wet cells are prone to leak and corrosion will eventually occur). 
I  could have warrantied both batteries at the dealer, but decided to up grade to a maintenance free AGM batteries through my local Batteries plus store. I just don’t want to deal the cleaning corrosion that regularly can occur with the wet cells. I removed both old wet cell batteries one at a time and replaced them with the new AGM maintenance free batteries. So essentially the truck was never left without battery power during the switch to the upgraded AGM batteries. 

My question- Is there a setting in the BMS (Battery Management System) that requires that the truck now show it has new AGM batteries in use and no longer is using the former OEM wet cell batteries. I have called two local Ford dealers here in Western NC explained that I switched over to AGM batteries and they have no idea what setting I am talking about as far as changing any settings on the truck. The new AGM batteries are Duracells have a non prorated 48 month warranty full replacement. 

Answers, thoughts  or guidance appreciated.

Thank you,

Patriot1

D09078AC-6CCD-40B9-AE62-E2543317F190.jpeg

Edited by Patriot1

BMS (Battery Management System),  never seen this on our trucks.  My BMW needed to be "informed" of new battery,  but my superduty?

My son uses the Yellow Optima's  dual set up in his 7.3 diesel.  They are twice the quality of the regular type batteries.

• Like 1

My F150 needed a reprogram after a new battery was installed.  But with a dual battery setup, the truck never loses power, so that step can be skipped.  As far as going from FLA to AGM type, it shouldn’t make any difference in the system.  If you went to lithium there might be an issue, but AGM is fine.

Both of my stock FLA batteries show signs of leakage, and I was thinking of going with AGM as well since they are sealed.

Edited by NH_Bulldog
  • Like 1