Capri name linked to Explorer EV platform mate

ford-electric-vehicles-based-on-meb-plat
we know the explorer ev is pretty small. You could probably call it a hatchback if you really wanted to. The capri (on the right) appears to be even smaller and is described as a sporty coupe like crossover. Why don’t we call it what it really is….a sedan ???

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The capri (on the right) appears to be even smaller and is described as a sporty coupe like crossover. Why don’t we call it what it really is….a sedan ???

Actually if you want to get pedantic about it, its a fastback crossover ? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, T-dubz said:

???

I have to agree with you on that, it appears to be hardly any taller than a focus. But I understand why ford has to call everything an SUV/crossover. It's very odd from a psychological standpoint how consumers can be shown identical products, with the only difference being one is marketed as a sedan/hatchback, and the other is a crossover. 9/10 times, they'll go for the crossover. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I have to agree with you on that, it appears to be hardly any taller than a focus. But I understand why ford has to call everything an SUV/crossover. It's very odd from a psychological standpoint how consumers can be shown identical products, with the only difference being one is marketed as a sedan/hatchback, and the other is a crossover. 9/10 times, they'll go for the crossover. 

The seating position on CUVs is higher than sedans, which most people like, because its easier to get in and out of. 

Tall sedans look stupid (See Ford 500/Monegato)...the 2010 Taurus took an inch or inch and half out of the roof line which was a huge improvement styling wise. I think the seat height was adjusted slightly also-my parents had a 2008 Sable and the seating was terrible-I felt like I was in a high chair. My 2013 SHO didn't feel like that. CUVs have higher belt lines then Sedans that helps with that issue when it comes to styling. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The seating position on CUVs is higher than sedans, which most people like, because its easier to get in and out of. 

Tall sedans look stupid (See Ford 500/Monegato)...the 2010 Taurus took an inch or inch and half out of the roof line which was a huge improvement styling wise. I think the seat height was adjusted slightly also-my parents had a 2008 Sable and the seating was terrible-I felt like I was in a high chair. My 2013 SHO didn't feel like that. CUVs have higher belt lines then Sedans that helps with that issue when it comes to styling. 

Monegato eh?  

Montego's long lost sibling!  Haha

• Haha 6

I like how Ford is using real names on these new electric vehicles, vs just adding “EV” to another name, or worse, coming up with new naming that’s too electric specific. It seems that so many of the European brands are throwing away name recognition to rename their electric vehicles in new naming structures. What Ford of Europe is doing is cool, it’s stressing the overall product that happens to be an EV, which is much better to me!

18 hours ago, T-dubz said:

we know the explorer ev is pretty small. You could probably call it a hatchback if you really wanted to. The capri (on the right) appears to be even smaller and is described as a sporty coupe like crossover. Why don’t we call it what it really is….a sedan ???

Explorer and Capri are replacing Focus so think of one as a new Focus wagon and the other as new Focus hatch. It's silly marketing to call these CUV but when everything is a CUV, does that even mean anything anymore? ?

Shows how determined Ford is to succeed with these two vehicles, calling them Explorer and Capri.

The high priced entry point for both vehicles should prevent more than token sales of either.

Maybe all Ford wants is a token BEV presence with the MEBs until an own design takes over…..