T3 Design Potentially Hinted At In Patent

Credit to TFL for this, they mentioned how most of the designs in patents are generic takes on existing designs. Generally speaking, these patent drawings are basic, but not too far off actual production designs. Time will tell if this vaguely hits at T3, or if it turns out to be nothing. Definitely futuristic looking, not a fan at all if this is is. 

ford-bed-mounted-cross-member-system-patent-image_100876267_l (1).jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang

39 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Credit to TFL for this, they mentioned how most of the designs in patents are generic takes on existing designs. Generally speaking, these patent drawings are basic, but not too far off actual production designs. Time will tell if this vaguely hits at T3, or if it turns out to be nothing. Definitely futuristic looking, not a fan at all if this is is. 

I doubt we'll see it THIS extreme.  But could definitely see something in between this and the current form..

1 hour ago, 1984Poke said:

What is T3?

Ford's next gen electric full size. The replacement for the current lightning essentially.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I doubt we'll see it THIS extreme.  But could definitely see something in between this and the current form..

I hope you're right. I'm all for design pushing boundaries, but that's too far imo. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

That looks like the Neuron T-one.

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/11/26/neuron-ev-electric-pickup-semi/

3 hours ago, tbone said:

I don’t believe a design like this would be targeting the traditional truck buyer. I am a traditional truck buyer, and I would have no interest in buying this.

Same here, that stupid arch over the bed negates the truck being used for 5th wheels. Even if it had at least the equivalent of F-350 Dually specs, it wouldn't work for me.

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

not like it hasn’t been done before 

IMG_2563.jpeg

Sure, but 1) that's ugly, and 2) it didn't have to live up to F-series deisgn.

i'm guessing it'd have a slide out drawer in the front instead of a frunk like the current one.

36 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

Same here, that stupid arch over the bed negates the truck being used for 5th wheels. Even if it had at least the equivalent of F-350 Dually specs, it wouldn't work for me.

IIRC, the patent was for that exact bar - it was a track-based system that could be deployed to put longer items up over the roof, and slid forward/stowed near the cab when not in use.

Edited by rmc523

40 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

I saw a prototype of that system.  The panels are removable (all or some) and can be configured as a bed topper or tonneau.  When removed the panels can be used as tables or other things.  Multipurpose.  

43 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

That’s a super duty job not T3.

3 hours ago, tbone said:

And why does he want one of those?

They have a mid engine layout. Apparently they can be solid sleepers if you're willing to invest in them, and it would be a modded car that would be significantly different than what you usually find at car meets. 

47 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp4FDyIkxyuqRRwH6b4is

reminds me a bit of the ford airstream concept but with a truck bed.

Crazy idea, but with van life going through the roof, and Ford doubling down on "Making passion products" and "Their core models" I say make a modern version of this. You wouldn't even have to update the exterior that much, it still looks fresh/cool. 

The transit as is suits that audience well, but it's bland. You want to make vans cool and attention grabbing again, this is how you do it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Crazy idea, but with van life going through the roof, and Ford doubling down on "Making passion products" and "Their core models" I say make a modern version of this. You wouldn't even have to update the exterior that much, it still looks fresh/cool. 

The transit as is suits that audience well, but it's bland. You want to make vans cool and attention grabbing again, this is how you do it. 

I agree. I have been hoping that the Econoline would return with the cabover style, like a modern version of the first generation Falcon Econoline. What better way to do that than with the upcoming BEV architecture? The TE1/GE2 enables cab forward design and packaging, which would easily accommodate a cabover style van. The Econoline EV could be done for the passion vanning life with Transit Trail as the ICE van passion Icon. In the meantime, the Econoline E-Series Cutaway can continue on as ICE commercial cutaway van as part of the expanded Econoline family.

Back to the T3 though, I look forward to see what Ford has planned for the TE1 'T3' F-Series truck. They are certain to hit a home run with this.

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

They have a mid engine layout. Apparently they can be solid sleepers if you're willing to invest in them, and it would be a modded car that would be significantly different than what you usually find at car meets. 

Interesting. A friend of mine’s parents from my youth had one of these, and I guess I didn’t recall that type of engine layout.

53 minutes ago, tbone said:

Interesting. A friend of mine’s parents from my youth had one of these, and I guess I didn’t recall that type of engine layout.

I wasn't aware that it had a mid-engine layout too until I read above. Here's an article about it. I didn't even know it was rear drive too! ?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/toyota-previa-mid-engine-supercar-also-van-sort-of/

1 hour ago, tbone said:

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

I wasn't aware that it had a mid-engine layout too until I read above. Here's an article about it. I didn't even know it was rear drive too! ?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/toyota-previa-mid-engine-supercar-also-van-sort-of/

Yeah it's wild. Imagine going nuts with like a 2JZ swap, better brakes, tires, and suspension. Maybe a small spoiler was well. Could be a blast. 

• Like 2