Mustang Raptor?

This is wild, I have a hard time believing it. That being said, if Ford wants to continue expanding the mustang brand, I won't complain. There are a lot of interesting new products they could introduce as illustrated by the fan renderings below. 

no-wildlife-would-be-safe-from-the-2024-ford-mustang-raptor-r-all-terrain-muscle-car_5.jpg

s650-ford-mustang-station-wagon-is-almost-prepared-to-join-the-growing-digital-family_7.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse-wagon-looks-like-the-track-option-for-big-families-198746_1.jpg

Ford-Mustang-Vision-001-5-1024x577.jpg

Edited by DeluxeStang

32 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

This might be that skunks works project…S650 yes but coupe turns into more of a shooting brake/hatch for a Raptor treatment. I’ve heard of a few possibilities…will be interesting to see what it actually ends up looking like.

Always great to hear your thoughts on a topic. I hope we hear more about future additional mustang models in the near future. They teased the expansion of the mustang sub-brand when the mach-e was released, and haven't really done anything with that idea beyond the coupe and mach-e. 

Off road vehicles are the niche with more future and profits. See the succes of the Bronco sub-brand. See the future Scout Brand, from VW and the Audi version (luxury off road). I think Ford need a Lincoln version of the Bronco. Some new body panels , some sweet changes to the platform, add all luxury items and you have a winner.   Ok, ok, Lincoln’s “Quiet luxury” mantra is not for this kind of vehicle.  But what about “quiet off road luxury”?    Is a very profitable niche…. 

and about that off road Mustang, is true. Ford needs to fight the Porsche 911 off road… 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

This might be that skunks works project…S650 yes but coupe turns into more of a shooting brake/hatch for a Raptor treatment. I’ve heard of a few possibilities…will be interesting to see what it actually ends up looking like.

Give me another mustang hatchback ftw!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, .I. said:

Off road vehicles are the niche with more future and profits. See the succes of the Bronco sub-brand. See the future Scout Brand, from VW and the Audi version (luxury off road). I think Ford need a Lincoln version of the Bronco. Some new body panels , some sweet changes to the platform, add all luxury items and you have a winner.   Ok, ok, Lincoln’s “Quiet luxury” mantra is not for this kind of vehicle.  But what about “quiet off road luxury”?    Is a very profitable niche…. 

and about that off road Mustang, is true. Ford needs to fight the Porsche 911 off road… 

I'd love to see Lincoln go after the Land Cruiser & G-wagen US market.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ESP08 said:

I'd love to see Lincoln go after the Land Cruiser & G-wagen US market.   

That would be an interesting strategy, but the caveat would be there is an existing history/legacy associated with those two vehicles that would not exist with a Lincoln product.  But if you build an awesome product that turns into a “gotta have” type product, it could sell. 

1 hour ago, tbone said:

That would be an interesting strategy, but the caveat would be there is an existing history/legacy associated with those two vehicles that would not exist with a Lincoln product.  But if you build an awesome product that turns into a “gotta have” type product, it could sell. 

If that’s the only way I can get a bronco with a fixed roof then I’m in!

6 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

Give me another mustang hatchback ftw!

I agree. I would love to see the return of the hatchback since the S650 has some Fox Body styling cues such as the headlights resembling the pre-1987 Fox and the interior dash/center console pieces, etc. The ability to have the sporty hatchback with back seats folded down would add to practicality of sorts. Then to have that for the potential off-road variant to compete with the likes of Porsche 911 Dakar is a brilliant idea! Especially with how popular the Mustang is in Europe. I have always liked the old 911 rally cars and liked how Porsche done with the new 911 Dakar. Can't wait to see how the Mustang Raptor (not sure if they'll call it this) turns out. Apparently Ford really is working on this then.

3 hours ago, ESP08 said:

If Ford is thinking about making a mustang hatchback with AWD, I wonder if they'll consider offering it with multiple ride heights. A cheaper one that's essential the same ride height as the current mustang with street tires, but with the new body and AWD. Then the crazy lifted version with off-road tires and a higher price. 

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I find this an odd inclusion, but I'll reserve judgement until we actually see something if this is even true.

Makes me think of a "Mad Max" type vehicle.

"The last of the V8 Interceptors"

Why not? I will take the 4dr Dark Horse wagon please. ?

• Like 1