Official 2024 Ford Ranger & Ford Ranger Raptor North America

Thanks! Looking forward to reveal to see all the info. The description in that linked video, as well as shown at the end of the video, points to a page on Ford's site regarding new info about new Ranger. I'm guessing they'll just post all the info including videos at once on that page rather than a live/pre-taped-and-edited reveal event.

https://www.ford.com/rangerready/

Edited by pffan1990
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Thanks! Looking forward to reveal to see all the info. The description in that linked video, as well as shown at the end of the video, points to a page on Ford's site regarding new info about new Ranger. I'm guessing they'll just post all the info including videos at once on that page rather than a live/pre-taped-and-edited reveal event.

https://www.ford.com/rangerready/

I would have to check, but that video looks like the one I saw on TV yesterday.  I believe it may have been during Kentucky Derby coverage, but nor sure.  I normally tune commercials out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick73 said:

I would have to check, but that video looks like the one I saw on TV yesterday.  I believe it may have been during Kentucky Derby coverage, but nor sure.  I normally tune commercials out. 

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74863-2024-us-ranger-without-camo-spotted/&page=13

Yes, you're right on that. It was an ad during the Kentucky Derby. JX1 also posted that video link in the 'US Ranger without camo' thread linked above but also included the Courier Journal article about Derby ad. You'll see my below quote in reply to his on that link.

On 5/6/2023 at 5:32 PM, pffan1990 said:

Spot on once again! :) It's brilliant of Ford to run a quick 15-second 'announcement' ad during the Kentucky Derby that Ford sponsors. Lots of audience viewing the ads prior to the actual Derby horse race. I'm just an hour and half south-east of Louisville in Kentucky, so this is awesome that Ford chose this race to announce the new Ranger reveal. Of course, Ford also build the Super Duty trucks and the Expedition/Navigator at KTP and the Escape/Corsair at LAP in Louisville. But you all already know this. lol So it makes sense for Ford to sponsor the Kentucky Derby races.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Aside from seeing the exact powertrain options and available features, it'll be a boring debut since we already know what it looks like.

I, for one, expect something to be confirmed I’ve suspected for a while. I’ll say what it is after the reveal just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I, for one, expect something to be confirmed I’ve suspected for a while. I’ll say what it is after the reveal just in case. 

Fuzzy, I'm in town this week. Let's go have a beer!

Hahaha, HRG

34 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Fuzzy, I'm in town this week. Let's go have a beer!

Hahaha, HRG

We can try, I got a lot on my plate this week. I’m falling behind on schoolwork I really need to catch up on and I have a bunch of kid stuff to do on top of it. 

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

We can try, I got a lot on my plate this week. I’m falling behind on schoolwork I really need to catch up on and I have a bunch of kid stuff to do on top of it. 

He wants to get you intoxicated and then pump you for Ranger information.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No problem, school and family is WAY more important than anything I can contribute!  Just know that we appreciate your insider point of view, and respect your need to keep quiet on things you see that are not meant for public consumption (yet).

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to get a Gen6 Ranger on order in a couple of weeks, having already spent 1 of my brothers Z-plan PIN's this year on the Maverick,,,,,

HRG

Does anyone know the time that Ford plans to reveal the new Ranger via their linked site in the short ad video, their media press page, as well as when general embargo ends? I keep seeing 'Wednesday May 10th' but no time.

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

Does anyone know the time that Ford plans to reveal the new Ranger via their linked site in the short ad video, their media press page, as well as when general embargo ends? I keep seeing 'Wednesday May 10th' but no time.

Dave of All Terrain Nation over at Ranger6G.com is saying 6am EST

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Dave of All Terrain Nation over at Ranger6G.com is saying 6am EST

HRG

Thanks! I occasionally lurk that Ranger6G forum but didn't see that particular post from Dave (All Terrain Nation) with the embargo time. I just went there and now seen it via forum search. I figured it would be 6AM since that's usually when Ford would release info onto their sites, including the Ford Media page, for new vehicles that don't have reveal events.

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm gonna guess that the 2.3L will be the only engine option in the Ranger, outside of the Raptor...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm gonna guess that the 2.3L will be the only engine option in the Ranger, outside of the Raptor...

I could definitely see it launching that way and maybe adding the 2.7 later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I could definitely see it launching that way and maybe adding the 2.7 later.

I was thinking that GM may have forced their hand since they offer the 2.7 in the Colorado and Canyon now. 

Edited by CurtisH

Pro Power Onboard would be a nice addition; one that has become common on both new pickups and vans.  However, unlike the standard F-150 which relies on second alternator and two lead batteries, it’s difficult to imagine Ranger would go in similar direction due to weight and fuel economy.  PPO works best with hybrid, but will that be an option on Ranger?  A hybrid Ranger seems needed for multiple reasons.

56 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I was thinking that GM may have forced their hand since they offer the 2.7 in the Colorado and Canyon now. 

But they will have Raptor from the start - 3.0L twin turbo.  

59 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

The 2.7L is still an I4

The 2.3L in the Bronco is 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet and the Raptors 3.0L would cover the higher end Colorado and Canyon models more then effectively. 

The other thing I noticed-the Colorado and Canyon are still only using 8 Speed transmissions too. 

Edited by silvrsvt

59 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The other thing I noticed-the Colorado and Canyon are still only using 8 Speed transmissions too. 

Smart move on GM's part. The Ford version of the 10-speed transmission (10R60, 10R80, 10R80 MHT, 10R140) is plagued with problems, wouldn't be surprised if the GM version is too. Just a couple weeks ago Ford was hit with another class action lawsuit regarding this tranny. Ford 10R80 Transmission Class Action Lawsuit | CarComplaints.com

45 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Smart move on GM's part. The Ford version of the 10-speed transmission (10R60, 10R80, 10R80 MHT, 10R140) is plagued with problems, wouldn't be surprised if the GM version is too. Just a couple weeks ago Ford was hit with another class action lawsuit regarding this tranny. Ford 10R80 Transmission Class Action Lawsuit | CarComplaints.com

Lawyers chasing money.