Official 2024 Ford Ranger & Ford Ranger Raptor North America

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

AK, Again, put your Kool Aid down for a minute?  You are preaching to the choir!   Did current Ranger knock the shit out of Taco?  NO!  Forget about typical Ford owners. Isn't "conquest sales" the new buzz phrase?  As for Maverick glad it is such a success..,.think its because of its Ford looks??  Sure, think maybe its price and lack of competition has  something to do with that ?

Not kool aid just history.  Current Ranger doesn’t have Ford truck styling - it has Ford car styling.  This fixes that.  And if you look at F150 and Super duty styling and market share over the years, this styling is undeniably successful for Ford.  

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

38 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I think it will be skewed towards bronco for years, which makes me wonder what ford’s intention is for the ranger? Do they intend to sell tons of rangers or is it basically here to supplement the bronco?

I don’t think we’ll hear anything until after the UAW negotiations are done. This launch fell at a fortuitous time for Ford from that standpoint 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Talking to my salesman who drives a hub f-150, he’s averaging around 23 which is getting close to what I average in my Fusion if I take the freeway to work more often than the back roads. 

I averaged 21ish in my Fusion 2.0L.  I can get 26 on the highway and avg 21 in my 470 lb/ft 3.5L F150.  It’s amazing.

37 minutes ago, akirby said:

I averaged 21ish in my Fusion 2.0L.  I can get 26 on the highway and avg 21 in my 470 lb/ft 3.5L F150.  It’s amazing.

AWD? Mine is and right now I’m averaging about 24.1 since I’ve been taking the freeway more than I would like lately. If I don’t take the freeway at all I can get it up to 26 by the end of summer. 

53 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

AWD? Mine is and right now I’m averaging about 24.1 since I’ve been taking the freeway more than I would like lately. If I don’t take the freeway at all I can get it up to 26 by the end of summer. 

FWD 2.0 Titanium so it was heavy.  mostly short city trips very little highway.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I could be mistaken, and fuzzymoomoo would know better, but I think a big part of it was that the current Ranger was a "placeholder" to re-introduce the Ranger back to the North American market until this next-generation model. More importantly, MAP production has been heavily skewed towards Bronco production to meet demand and to fulfill the substantial volume of Bronco retail orders over several Model Years.   

Yeah, I thought we'd see a more "all out" attempt with this new model, but seems like more of the same aside from Raptor and the shared 2.7 option.  But, perhaps they wanted to keep the launch options as the "largest minimum" and we'll see additional options/trims come down the road (i.e. Platinum trim, Tremor option, etc).  I don't recall seeing a sunroof on any of the debut photos either, which I Know was a complaint of the current model.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Give it time for Tremor. It’s never been a first year package, historically. As for hybrid I’m not convinced such a thing exists which would be a shame. 

Yeah, IMO it's stupid to not have a hybrid option for Ranger and Bronco, especially if they're to soldier on until what was it?....2029....until BEV versions arrive.

50 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

What about Supercab?  Earlier posts said  there would be one.  Or is this another case of "monkey see, monkey do" as GM dropped their super cab.?

From what I see, it's supercrew only....unless they add it at a later date to simplify initial builds.

Somebody said Supercab was coming later.  

It should be obvious after the Bronco launch fiasco and seeing what they did with the F150 launch last year that they’re simplifying the launch and we’ll more models and options for job 2 or the next model year.  It might be frustrating for some but a smooth launch is far more important.

3 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Amen..Santa Cruz will not be in same league as the Taco and the Colorado when viewed as Ranger's competition.

For clarity, I was referencing the styling of the Maverick and Santa Cruz, not that they are the same category of vehicle as the Ranger, Tacoma, et Al. 

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The Santa Cruz doesn’t look like a truck though so it’s already at a disadvantage. And Maverick has lots of things going for it besides it’s style, like size, price and the fact that it’s a hybrid with good gas mileage. It could have had better styling and probably sold better imo.  Ranger is a different ballgame though and has a ton more competition. Even though ford knows trucks, the ranger hasn’t been at the top for a long long time and I don’t think they will get there with this redesign either. With that said, the xlt looks better then I thought it would. Many of the “lariat” spy photos just didn’t look good at all so I was happy to see the final version look better.

The Santa Cruz and the Maverick are in same category of vehicle, so they are a fair comparison to each other.  My argument is the Santa Cruz has modern styling and the Maverick does not.  It’s not unreasonable to assume that maverick sells better because of its style, since I’m willing to bet people tend to buy on looks first and then the other features and specifications.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think it was in an article.

---

Also, do we need 2 separate threads for new Ranger discussion?  Can they be merged?

It was in the Motortrend article posted near the start of this thread. Evidently a bunch of media met and looked at the trucks late last week, and Ford told them the supercab was coming.

We'll see I guess!

• akirby locked this topic