Official '24 Ford Ranger NA Release

For years I've been a pusher of the keypad because when you go to the beach or gym, it's easy to just lock everything inside and not have to carry anything with you.  But with smartphones lately, its days might be numbered.  If I have a long way to the car (Leaving Disney or the theme parks), I'm already starting it via phone so when I get to the vehicle, it's already cooled down.  I'm sure up north with snow, the reverse.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Seeing as I was just on the Ford website verifying they took the keypad off the Edge (they did), I can verify it’s not up there. 

Sad how they keep decontenting (yes, I know Edge is on its last legs, but still...

58 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

For years I've been a pusher of the keypad because when you go to the beach or gym, it's easy to just lock everything inside and not have to carry anything with you.  But with smartphones lately, its days might be numbered.  If I have a long way to the car (Leaving Disney or the theme parks), I'm already starting it via phone so when I get to the vehicle, it's already cooled down.  I'm sure up north with snow, the reverse.

I love having the phone option, as it works well beyond what the fob can do as you mention, but would still like to have the keypad.  I got the stick on kind for my Bronco, and put it in the gas cap so I wouldn't have to look at it lol.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Sad how they keep decontenting (yes, I know Edge is on its last legs, but still...

I love having the phone option, as it works well beyond what the fob can do as you mention, but would still like to have the keypad.  I got the stick on kind for my Bronco, and put it in the gas cap so I wouldn't have to look at it lol.

Yeah, there are times you might want to leave your phone in your car too, so the keypad really helps with that.

40 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah, there are times you might want to leave your phone in your car too, so the keypad really helps with that.

FordPass also has an apple watch app that gives you that functionality too, but that too doesn't change me wanting the keypad haha.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, 70 Stang said:

All interior dimensions have grown though......especially rear seat leg room by almost 4".......that's huge.

Uh, that 4" rear legroom increase has disappeared. The Tech Specs have been updated since the 5/10 release. 

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2024/ranger/All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Technical Specifications.pdf

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

35 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Doesn’t help someone like me who absolutely refuses to get on the start watch bandwagon 

Which is why I advocate for the keypad sticking around.

I thought the watch was pointless for a long time, and then someone got one for me.  It's nice to be able to glance at messages and see if you need to respond right away or not without having to get your phone out.  Also, it was useful when someone stole my wallet/phone, I was still able to make calls as needed.

Just noticed Ford Mexico updated the Ranger website showing the new model. I guess the timing means Mexico will be getting the new Ranger from the US instead of Argentina since P703 is not scheduled for production in Argentina until 2024.

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Uh, that 4" rear legroom increase has disappeared. The Tech Specs have been updated since the 5/10 release. 

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2024/ranger/All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Technical Specifications.pdf

HRG

That's disappointing..grew .1" from 5G truck.

It's just a little less than the GM twins though......we'll see!

3 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Im screwed...I loathe carryingt my phone with me...I was just in New Zealand for 3 weeks...I was getting TEXTs from work at 4am in the morning ( 5 hr time difference ) As for the Ranger....top selling pickup over there, Toyaots 2nd by a large margin...the 2024 is absolutely fabulous in the flesh...they were all over the road....stunning....WILDTRAK is popular and the Raptor looks amazing...

• Thanks 1

The keypad makes phone as key work imho. On both my old Mach-E and my Lightning I’ve only used my fob on the first drive home and for service. Keypad ensures that if my phone dies/breaks/lost I can still get in my car.  Love the keypad, though I prefer the “hidden” look on the Mach-E to the “squishy” buttons on the Lightning. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sullynd said:

Love the keypad, though I prefer the “hidden” look on the Mach-E to the “squishy” buttons on the Lightning. 

I agree, the integrated look is so much better than the physical buttons but the idea with the buttons is you can still use them with work gloves on. It drives the Tesla stans crazy which I find hilarious. 

Looks like the interior specifications have been updated. The 2024 SuperCrew is within an inch in most measurement of the previous gen except for head room which really wasn't an issue anyhow. I was questioning how they were able to get 4 extra inches of rear leg room in the new model when the total passenger volume was within inches of each other. It's not surprising though since the cab shell looks virtually carryover. The first image is the 2023 model (look at the second column for SuperCrew) and the second is the 2024.

Screenshot_20230515_193425_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230515_193313_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Edited by 2005Explorer

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Nothing like continuing to remove additional incentives to purchase a vehicle that is on the way out.   I doubt that this is the only thing they will remove.  

6 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Looks like the interior specifications have been updated. The 2024 SuperCrew is within an inch in most measurement of the previous gen except for head room which really wasn't an issue anyhow. I was questioning how they were able to get 4 extra inches of rear leg room in the new model when the total passenger volume was within inches of each other. It's not surprising though since the cab shell looks virtually carryover. The first image is the 2023 model (look at the second column for SuperCrew) and the second is the 2024.

It was probably just a typo. The Basic cab structure appears to be carried over with new skin/doors like what they did with the new F150. Of course, some improvements could have been made under the skin.

Edited by AM222

6 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

MT had an article out last night comparing the Ranger dimensions to the Colorado, and they were using the 38.3" rear leg room.

On several occasions they mentioned how the Ranger had a much roomier back seat.....lol. I should've known from the start that was a misprint......wanting a mid-size truck with midsize dimensions is to much to ask for. The added width seems to have helped a little though.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/ford-ranger-vs-chevrolet-colorado-specs-features-comparison/

Edited by 70 Stang

38 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

MT had an article out last night comparing the Ranger dimensions to the Colorado, and they were using the 38.3" rear leg room.

On several occasions they mentioned how the Ranger had a much roomier back seat.....lol. I should've known from the start that was a misprint......wanting a mid-size truck with midsize dimensions is to much to ask for. The added width seems to have helped a little though.

Added interior width I think has more to do with the restyled interior/ inner door panels. The added external body width is due to the flared fenders/ wheel arches that match the wider track.

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AM222 said:

Added interior width I think has more to do with the restyled interior/ inner door panels. The added external body width is due to the flared fenders/ wheel arches that match the wider track.

The cab is carryover so you are correct that the restyled door panels and headliner are giving the interior measurements a fraction of an inch improvements. So if you wanted a roomier cab that didn't happen. Always hate when things grow outside, but not inside on vehicles. I'm fine with the space inside the Ranger, but I know a lot of people complain about it. The Maverick is larger inside if you don't need or want the tougher truck capabilities.

9 hours ago, tbone said:

Nothing like continuing to remove additional incentives to purchase a vehicle that is on the way out.   I doubt that this is the only thing they will remove.  

From the 2019 it is sad how much has been removed from the Edge. Co-worker had a 2019 and just got a 2022 and makes comments on how much a POS it is from her 2019 and how she should have bought her lease out. One odd thing the Edge still has is the ability to change the color of the ambient lighting, that has been removed from almost every other Ford. (Even the $100,000+ Trucks)

I did see at least in the release that the Heated Wiper Park is back for the Ranger after being discontinued. In typical Ford fashion that should be removed by 2025 or 2026.  With the success of the Hybrid Maverick and Power-boost F-150 no Hybrid at launch is a big mistake. I also see why they wanted to release the Ranger before the Tacoma.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

The cab is carryover so you are correct that the restyled door panels and headliner are giving the interior measurements a fraction of an inch improvements. So if you wanted a roomier cab that didn't happen. Always hate when things grow outside, but not inside on vehicles. I'm fine with the space inside the Ranger, but I know a lot of people complain about it. The Maverick is larger inside if you don't need or want the tougher truck capabilities.

Oh well......I figured with the bed getting wider and the slightly better interior dimensions, it had gained a little bit. BTW, and maybe everyone already knows this, but the GM twins are 2.5" shy of 48" between wheel wells.

I would think that would be a pretty big deal in the long run.....but who knows these days. I am going to order a Ranger, and see how the size works. I am coming from an F-150, and the size of that has outgrown my tastes, so hopefullyu the Ranger will work.

• Like 1