Official '24 Ford Ranger NA Release

2 hours ago, akirby said:

We listen exclusively to SiriusXM and the 24 presets work great or to a thumb drive which I don’t think I can do with CarPlay.  So we use the built in Nav.  I think with Lincoln we get a 5 or 6 year subscription.  It works well on sync 4 except it won’t give you route options like Google maps so you have to use waypoints which is a bit of a pain.

Do you mean a Bluetooth thumb drive to connect to a cell phone for apple play,  Works great in the Maverick.

3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Hmmm, no mention of the 2.7 for XLT & Lariat, even as a late-availability option.  @jasonj80 Thanks for posting!

HRG

This is the first order guide. It will be revised  closer to Job 1, they almost always are and that’s when you’ll see the late availability stuff show up. 

That said I hope the black appearance package makes a comeback. I’ve long thought the Ranger’s black appearance package is dollar for dollar the best value for what you get in the entire Ford lineup despite my disdain for appearance packages. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This is the first order guide. It will be revised  closer to Job 1, they almost always are and that’s when you’ll see the late availability stuff show up. 

That said I hope the black appearance package makes a comeback. I’ve long thought the Ranger’s black appearance package is dollar for dollar the best value for what you get in the entire Ford lineup despite my disdain for appearance packages. 

If I buy one velocity blue and black appearance package are requirements (along with a Supercab).

20 hours ago, akirby said:

We listen exclusively to SiriusXM and the 24 presets work great or to a thumb drive which I don’t think I can do with CarPlay.  So we use the built in Nav.  I think with Lincoln we get a 5 or 6 year subscription.  It works well on sync 4 except it won’t give you route options like Google maps so you have to use waypoints which is a bit of a pain.

Once the phone is setup, it's easy to manage. I have no experience with CarPlay.

20 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm sure we'll see a ton of packages - both appearance and functional - come in the next few years.

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Can you use the normal vehicle radio while using AA?  I thought the whole idea was to use the phone for everything.

I know CarPlay does allow you to, you just choose FM/AM/Sirius as your desired source.

I've never used Android Auto though.

• Like 1

I’ve heard lots of people talk about the high price of the raptor, although it seems like a bargain compared to the other raptors out there. I wish ford would make a cheaper raptor, but that probably won’t happen, so instead I’d like to see the Tremor fill that void. You might say the current tremor already does, but I’d argue that it’s a spec’d up ranger and not an “entry level” raptor. The capabilities of the raptor are a huge selling point but it’s looks are just as important and the Tremor needs to differentiate itself more from the regular ranger to attract more customers.

Here is what I think the Tremor should be
- use the same wide body as the raptor

- unique grille from all other trims (not just different colors, definitely not the FORD raptor grille either)

- unique wheels but stick with 32” tires from the current tremor package

- 2.7 instead of 3.0 engine

- regular ranger interior options, ie standard cloth with leather optional, not fully loaded like raptor

- vinyl floor

- keeps the current tremors suspension

- price it around the same as the base zr2 (48k)

- for old times sake, add in the sound system like the original ranger tremor had back in the early 2000’s ?, just kidding on this one.

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yes but you can't control it via CarPlay/AA-its through the Sync interface

That’s really my question - can you flip through the presets using the steering wheel controls while using CarPlay.  Guess I could just go try it .

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That’s really my question - can you flip through the presets using the steering wheel controls while using CarPlay.  Guess I could just go try it .

Depends on what the audio source is. If the audio source is AM/FM/Sirius then you can use the steering wheel controls to flip through presets even when the CarPlay screen is active. 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:38 AM, T-dubz said:

I’ve heard lots of people talk about the high price of the raptor, although it seems like a bargain compared to the other raptors out there. I wish ford would make a cheaper raptor, but that probably won’t happen, so instead I’d like to see the Tremor fill that void. You might say the current tremor already does, but I’d argue that it’s a spec’d up ranger and not an “entry level” raptor. The capabilities of the raptor are a huge selling point but it’s looks are just as important and the Tremor needs to differentiate itself more from the regular ranger to attract more customers.

- unique grille from all other trims (not just different colors, definitely not the FORD raptor grille either)

- regular ranger interior options, ie standard cloth with leather optional, not fully loaded like raptor

- vinyl floor

- for old times sake, add in the sound system like the original ranger tremor had back in the early 2000’s ?, just kidding on this one.

I'd be happy with something similar to the '23 Ranger Tremor but with the 2.7L as an option. After seeing what the current options are for the '24 Ranger, if I were to order a new truck today it would probably be an F-150 Tremor with the V8.

I really like what I have seen of the Ranger Raptor but I just couldn't justify the expected out-the-door price knowing that I could buy an F-150 Tremor that fits my needs so much better and for probably similar money considering the tacked on ADMs that the Ranger Raptor will surely have. 

If I want to go places where an F-150 can't I can do that in my '75 Bronco.  

On 5/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, T-dubz said:

Well no secrets to be found in the order guide ?. Looks like no matrix led headlights for any trim.

Until they can get some real rules for use in the US I expect they won't be over here anytime soon. (Not to mention Ukraine as a major supplier base for them) The proposed NHTSA rules for adaptive beams are so restrictive it is actually almost pointless to offer them here. As always we couldn't use the world standard for lighting we had to develop our own that are just stupid and basically neuter the systems to the point of regular headlights. OEM are pushing back HARD that the rest of the world standards are adopted for Adaptive Driving Beams.   

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Good. Our government is so stupid thinking antiquated regulations from the 70s and prior are still somehow relevant. 

Surprised IIHS hasn’t tried to force it.

A regulation that says you can only have 4 lights on at one time is just so stupid.  It was stupid 20 years ago and even more stupid today with LEDs.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:38 AM, T-dubz said:

- vinyl floor

I'd say sure on everything but the Raptor's body - that needs to remain Raptor exclusive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I posted this in the Tacoma thread, but I'll throw it here too....

The lack of rear seat air vents, especially 1) if ROW models have it, and 2) given the complaints about Bronco not having it, is poor customer research.

Definite head scratcher considering the relatively low cost (I assume).

38 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I posted this in the Tacoma thread, but I'll throw it here too....

The lack of rear seat air vents, especially 1) if ROW models have it, and 2) given the complaints about Bronco not having it, is poor customer research.

And removing it probably saves what, $5 in parts? It makes no sense

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Surprised IIHS hasn’t tried to force it.

A regulation that says you can only have 4 lights on at one time is just so stupid.  It was stupid 20 years ago and even more stupid today with LEDs.

Even they can't force change - they just use shame and the ability to use advertising. IIHS has done more to improve safety over the past 20 years than NHTSA has. 

The reason that guy lived and walked away when that Soul hit launched over that tire was because of IIHS roof strength requirements of 4x vehicle weight, when NHTSA requires 1.5x.

I think at the end of the day, the new Ranger is a great truck on its own, but its lack of various options at all trim levels will hurt long term.

It missing some of the options people have mentioned here and in the Tacoma thread may not be dealbreakers on any individual option, but when looked at as a whole, it just gives non brand-loyal buyers reasons to look elsewhere, especially with all major segment competitors being new at once.  I know the restrictions with parts that are affecting Ranger, and that Bronco is more of a priority on top of that, but hopefully these oversights are rectified with late availability options for 2024, and/or for the 2025 model year via additional options/trims (Platinum, Tremor, etc) becoming available.

• Like 1

2024 Ranger Build & Price Configurator Is Live

https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/2024-ford-ranger-build-and-price-configurator-is-live/

2024 Ranger_FordAuthority.com.jpg

The all-new North American 2024 Ford Ranger just debuted roughly two weeks ago, alongside its high-performance off-road counterpart, the Ranger Raptor. Order banks for the redesigned mid-size pickup are set to open tomorrow, as Ford Authority previously reported, with production scheduled to begin at the Michigan Assembly plant on August 7th, though as always, these dates are subject to change. Regardless, The Blue Oval just launched the 2024 Ford Ranger build and price configurator, so those interested in spec’ing out their new ride can do so right now.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1