Official '24 Ford Ranger NA Release

13 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Since I am in the market, I spec-ed it out, unfortunately, the 2.7L is not on the configurator yet.  I'll still call my dealership when the order bank opens up and figure it out from there.

I would assume the 2.7L will add about $2K, maybe less.

So I spec’dout a loaded 2wd XLT, Lariat and Raptor.  Velocity blue.

XLT is missing the push button start and leather and memory seats and upgraded stereo.  $41K.  That’s essentially what I have with my F150 XLT so I would want the Lariat this time.  

Lariat has everything I want for $47K.

Raptor is almost fully loaded with just a couple of options for $57K.  But we know that will be more like $62k - $70k.  But it’s by far the best looking.

I would still prefer a Supercab with the black appearance package but the sport package with black wheels is pretty close.

I expect to see a Supercab along with the 2.7L and at some point a Limited or Platinum with moonroof, ventilated seats, auto tailgate, upgraded interior materials, unique grille.  There is too much $$$ sitting on the table for Ford to not offer it.

Im a little worried they might not offer the Supercab.on Lariat.

56 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Since I am in the market, I spec-ed it out, unfortunately, the 2.7L is not on the configurator yet.  I'll still call my dealership when the order bank opens up and figure it out from there.

Most likely that the 2.7L won't show up until it's included and available in an updated order guide. 

2 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Most likely that the 2.7L won't show up until it's included and available in an updated order guide. 

So can you change your order later to the 2.7 when it comes out, or do we just wait until it's on the order guide?

The Lariat I built is $51K.....about $3k more than last year.......the XLT I build is a couple hundred $ less......lol

36 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

So can you change your order later to the 2.7 when it comes out, or do we just wait until it's on the order guide?

The Lariat I built is $51K.....about $3k more than last year.......the XLT I build is a couple hundred $ less......lol

You have to wait.  Might be a job 2 feature.  It may also come with additional restrictions or requirements including a new trim or package.

• Like 2

Wonder how the tremor package fits in? It’s $4300 on the current ranger. Add that to a 4x4 lariat (48,605 including destination) and you are at $53k. Pretty close to a raptor. Seems like it only makes sense on the xlt, unless they raise the raptor price.

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Wonder how the tremor package fits in? It’s $4300 on the current ranger. Add that to a 4x4 lariat (48,605 including destination) and you are at $53k. Pretty close to a raptor. Seems like it only makes sense on the xlt, unless they raise the raptor price.

What if Ford makes the Tremor package for the new Ranger a trim just like it did with the F150.

The old Asia-Pacific Ranger FX4 Max (Tremor equivalent) was a stand-alone trim which I believe was based on an XLT (most likely to keep a price gap with the Raptor). This is what Ford does in many markets around the world, stand-alone trims instead of packages.

PS: Looks like Ford might adopt the Tremor name even for the Asia-Pacific markets to replace the old "FX4 Max". Ford registered the Tremor trademark in several countries.

Edited by AM222

21 hours ago, akirby said:

I would assume the 2.7L will add about $2K, maybe less.

Just got off the phone with the salesperson.  He didn't have a clue about the 2.7L time period. I need it now than later, I was hitting already $51K with the Lariat, noticed the Raptor was just $5K more, really no options other than colors, I'll hate the bouncing suspension but I'll deal with it. So went with that as an easy order.  Heading to the dealership shortly to finalize all that.  When with black on black.

28 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Just got off the phone with the salesperson.  He didn't have a clue about the 2.7L time period. I need it now than later, I was hitting already $51K with the Lariat, noticed the Raptor was just $5K more, really no options other than colors, I'll hate the bouncing suspension but I'll deal with it. So went with that as an easy order.  Heading to the dealership shortly to finalize all that.  When with black on black.

MSRP?  No ADM?

1 hour ago, AM222 said:

What if Ford makes the Tremor package for the new Ranger a trim just like it did with the F150.

The old Asia-Pacific Ranger FX4 Max (Tremor equivalent) was a stand-alone trim which I believe was based on an XLT (most likely to keep a price gap with the Raptor). This is what Ford does in many markets around the world, stand-alone trims instead of packages.

PS: Looks like Ford might adopt the Tremor name even for the Asia-Pacific markets to replace the old "FX4 Max". Ford registered the Tremor trademark in several countries.

Isn’t Wildtrak a model in ROW?

34 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Post pictures when you get it!

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Isn’t Wildtrak a model in ROW?

Yes, I believe so.

2 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

That's where I'm heading to next, I hate phone talk and rather do it in person, just downing my coffee fast MSRP $56,980. 

Yeah for that price difference over the course of a lease if you can swing it, no brainer to me.

Hopefully no markup for you......Raptor products seem to automatically have that.

2 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

That's where I'm heading to next, I hate phone talk and rather do it in person, just downing my coffee fast MSRP $56,980. 

Yeah for that price difference over the course of a lease if you can swing it, no brainer to me.

Hopefully no markup for you......Raptor products seem to automatically have that.

50 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I get the impression the Ranger Raptor won’t be as artificially limited production as it’s F-150 and Bronco cousins 

1 hour ago, ANTAUS said:

You've been a BOF member a long time so I'm sure you know how important it is to get written documentation of the vehicle specifications and pricing from the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and a signed sales agreement to prevent future problems. 

• Like 2

I am disappointed in the model packaging for the 6G Ranger, not that that matters to anyone. I had planned from the outset to keep my 2021 Ranger SuperCab STX 4x4 for ten or more years and ordered it as close to ideal as I could, and it MSRP'd at $36,555. My biggest objection for the 2024 is the elimination of any 6ft box configuration. A SuperCrew would be marginal for my use, as I don't need that much interior space, and I do need a 6' box for my motorcycle. I have ramps and carry the bike across timezones, ride & camp locally, load the bike up and head home. The rear wheel of the bike would sit precariously close to the rearmost edge of the tailgate in a 5ft box. A '24 XLT base (FX4 unavail. in XL) would be nearly $7000 more, and without dual HVAC or 18" wheels. Or hood struts. Or...

For me, the added features, LED headlights, Sync4A ,bigger screen etc, don't offset the things I would be giving up for the difference in cost.

I seem to be one who buys "left-handed" Ford products. I've owned or leased: Mercury; Milan, Mariner, Cougar, Ford; Windstar, Flex, Ranger SuperCab.

10 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

I seem to be one who buys "left-handed" Ford products. I've owned or leased: Mercury; Milan, Mariner, Cougar, Ford; Windstar, Flex, Ranger SuperCab.

Hey now, I drive a Flex and I plan on keeping that thing until at least when my youngest turns 18.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

Are you the first person in line at your dealer for a raptor? Over on ranger6g they are saying each dealer will only get one raptor for the time being and after that you’ll have to wait until they’re figure out the allocation process. Who knows if that is true or not, but thought I’d mention it to you.

34 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

My biggest objection for the 2024 is the elimination of any 6ft box configuration.

I guess you missed the “they’re limiting launch variables” and “supercab is coming later” discussion.

Ok so back from running around town.  I dissected the info and have a few matches.  2 of them told me that each dealer is allocated 1 Ranger Raptor each.  The 2 I spoke to, already have "Sold" that.  They asked me if I wanted I could put an order in, and "when made available" they can push the order through.  One of them told me that they had a dealership mark up of $10K, meaning $66K. (Common for THAT dealership because they are in this affluent area). 

Spoke to one "in the country" outskirts of Orlando. Guy quoted me $56,980. When I get there, he's all frazzled, didn't know too much, speak to manager who  barely knew much, othen than they already sold it, with a $10K mark-up.  I'm like "Gee thanks for the morning drive against traffic"....

Sat with the one who was "more educated", in it (Also had the Raptor pre-sold), asking me what exactly I wanted.  So Lariat 4x4 with the 2.7L.  Didn't care for the Raptor (because honestly, this is Orlando, and the closest it'll go off-road will be my backyard, and I'm not into bouncy suspensions, but I need it sooner than later.  So he's telling me that the orders from 2.7L aren't even showing up in their order bank. Late availability, end of the year, and can I wait? ( Knew this) So I guess I'll wait, and he will let me know when THAT option is available, and I'll put the order then. 

Funny though, because he's like "I see what you drive now, why not just get an F150 for the price, we can make you a sweet deal. I'm like "Yes that makes sense totally, but my garage is only 217 inches deep before I kiss the wall, Ranger is the only thing that fits".  Then of course you get the, "Well we have some 2023 in stock and can make you a great deal" and my reply "hmm I wanted V6 remember?"....and you all know how that goes downhill after that....

No I didn't buy anything today.  I'll wait till the V6 option comes in.  Soooo having a drink now when I head out to lunch...urrgggg

13 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Ok so back from running around town.  I dissected the info and have a few matches.  2 of them told me that each dealer is allocated 1 Ranger Raptor each.  The 2 I spoke to, already have "Sold" that.  They asked me if I wanted I could put an order in, and "when made available" they can push the order through.  One of them told me that they had a dealership mark up of $10K, meaning $66K. (Common for THAT dealership because they are in this affluent area). 

Spoke to one "in the country" outskirts of Orlando. Guy quoted me $56,980. When I get there, he's all frazzled, didn't know too much, speak to manager who  barely knew much, othen than they already sold it, with a $10K mark-up.  I'm like "Gee thanks for the morning drive against traffic"....

Sat with the one who was "more educated", in it (Also had the Raptor pre-sold), asking me what exactly I wanted.  So Lariat 4x4 with the 2.7L.  Didn't care for the Raptor (because honestly, this is Orlando, and the closest it'll go off-road will be my backyard, and I'm not into bouncy suspensions, but I need it sooner than later.  So he's telling me that the orders from 2.7L aren't even showing up in their order bank. Late availability, end of the year, and can I wait? ( Knew this) So I guess I'll wait, and he will let me know when THAT option is available, and I'll put the order then. 

Funny though, because he's like "I see what you drive now, why not just get an F150 for the price, we can make you a sweet deal. I'm like "Yes that makes sense totally, but my garage is only 217 inches deep before I kiss the wall, Ranger is the only thing that fits".  Then of course you get the, "Well we have some 2023 in stock and can make you a great deal" and my reply "hmm I wanted V6 remember?"....and you all know how that goes downhill after that....

No I didn't buy anything today.  I'll wait till the V6 option comes in.  Soooo having a drink now when I head out to lunch...urrgggg

That sucks, but is not overly surprising.

40 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

Regarding ADMs, I was looking at the Range Rover Sport earlier this year as a replacement for my 2019 Nautilus (ended up going with a factory order and a long wait on the new 2024 Nautilus). JLR dealers are pretty much all into ADMs as well. One salesperson I talked to was proud that at her dealership everything was MSRP -- she then went on to discuss the mandatory add-ons, like $3k for vehicle protection crap. This dealer also engages in the practice of listing on their website vehicles available for purchase that are actually factory orders for other customers (RRSs are all-new and extremely limited in supply, so almost all of them being sold currently as factory orders). Anything to get people to call them I guess. I have a great relationship with the owner of my Lincoln-only dealer (I drive further to use them) and ended up getting below MSRP. Well, only slightly below, but hey that's still good these days in the industry on new product in scarce supply.

Edited by Gurgeh