Official '24 Ford Ranger NA Release

22 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Hey now, I drive a Flex and I plan on keeping that thing until at least when my youngest turns 18.

The Flex SEL we had was one of our favorites. I would've cancelled the Explorer program if i ran the show but  they hired Hackett instead.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, ANTAUS said:

That's where I'm heading to next, I hate phone talk and rather do it in person, just downing my coffee fast MSRP $56,980. 

That's $20,315.00 more than my '21 STX listed for, and you can't get an FX4 pkg  on a 6G XL. I'll admit to being infected somewhat with the off- roading craze, but I think it is the latest syndrome that has supplanted 50's tail fin, or 70's crushed velour & opera windows syndrome.

21 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Regarding ADMs, I was looking at the Range Rover Sport earlier this year as a replacement for my 2019 Nautilus (ended up going with a factory order and a long wait on the new 2024 Nautilus). JLR dealers are pretty much all into ADMs as well. One salesperson I talked to was proud that at her dealership everything was MSRP -- she then went on to discuss the mandatory add-ons, like $3k for vehicle protection crap. This dealer also engages in the practice of listing on their website vehicles available for purchase that are actually factory orders for other customers (RRSs are all-new and extremely limited in supply, so almost all of them being sold currently as factory orders). Anything to get people to call them I guess. I have a great relationship with the owner of my Lincoln-only dealer (I drive further to use them) and ended up getting below MSRP. Well, only slightly below, but hey that's still good these days in the industry on new product in scarce supply.

One of the ones I spoke to, also brags about not adding mark-ups or mandatory add-ons,, unfortunately, the person I spoke to there was out of touch and it's like it fell onto his lap.

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

The Flex SEL we had was one of our favorites. I would've cancelled the Explorer program if i ran the show but  they hired Hackett instead.

No way was I trading it for an Explorer. I would be sacrificing so much cargo room behind the third row which is precious space when you have 3 kids 6 and under. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 11:37 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

No way was I trading it for an Explorer. I would be sacrificing so much cargo room behind the third row which is precious space when you have 3 kids 6 and under. 

Yeah, that cargo well is much better than the flat floor for storage/cargo.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 9:25 PM, akirby said:

Isn’t Wildtrak a model in ROW?

Almost RoW. Wildtrak occupies the spot of the Lariat in many markets. I think some markets like in South America, they have a "Limited" trim which is like a cross between a Wildtrak and a Lariat w/ Chrome Appearance Package.
2022-ford-ranger-wildtrak-static.jpg

Exterior of the Asia-Pacific XLT-based (standalone) Sport variant is somewhere between a USDM Lariat (Sport Appearance Package) and USDM XLT (Sport Appearance Package).  
450px-Ford_Ranger_4x4_Sport_2022_(1).jpg
The Asia-Pacific Sport has XLT headlights and 18-inch alloy wheels like the Lariat. The Asia-Pacific Sport has dark glossy side mirror caps and door handles. These are basic matte black on the USDM XLT (Sport), and are body colored on the USDM Lariat (Sport).
2024-ford-ranger-lariat-front-3-4.jpg

Edited by AM222

I was a bit shocked when I had a message from the local dealer this past Saturday reminding me that the RR is now available for ordering. I had talked to them almost a year ago about the possibility of getting a Raptor. At the time they told me that because I was the first to ask them about it they would give me first shot at getting one of their allocations. 

After that amount of time I wasn't really expecting the call. I guess the fact that they kept my contact info at all is a good omen...

I finally took the time to get back to the salesman today. He told me that so far their dealership has not been told whether or not they will get any Raptors from the first run. He did say, however, that the best they could do at this point would be to go ahead and place an order and see what happens. I told him I would try to stop in sometime next week. He also said that they do not require a deposit on orders and that if I decided not to take the truck it would simply be put on the lot. Not sure if I'm believing this part but he also said that they do not add markups to retail orders but if I decided not to take the truck and it goes on their lot then they would most likely add a markup. If I do decide to place an order it will probably be in Velocity Blue with the only option being the spray-in bed liner.

I also gave him a short description of my '18 F-150 and told him that I have no good reason not to keep it since it is really well optioned and just turned 37k miles. The original MSRP on it was $56,450 or just about the same as the base price of a new Ranger Raptor.

The more I think about it if I did decide to buy something new I would probably be leaning more toward an F-150 Tremor with the 5.0L. I did a cross-country trip this past weekend through the mountains of North Central PA and my truck averaged 22.0 mpg with the 5.0L and 3.73:1 axle ratio. A Ranger Raptor would never do that and my all aluminum body shows zero signs of corrosion after four PA winters. That alone is a huge deal for me.

• Like 2

Everyone is complaining about missing models and features at launch but nobody is acknowledging that the Raptor model is part of the launch.  Launching a Ranger Raptor is far more difficult than adding a Supercab or Tremor or Limited with the 2.7 so it makes sense to me that they would limit the other features in favor of Raptor first.  

Yes, it sucks if you wanted a limited and/or Supercab and/or the 2.7L right away but if they had offered that instead of the Raptor then the Raptor buyers would be just as disappointed.  I don’t think it would have been wise to launch with everything.  That lesson was learned the hard way with Bronco.

Going forward I expect to see a Supercab and possibly a crew cab 6 foot bed along with Tremor and Limited models.  Limited would add moonroof, heated and cooled seats, remote tailgate, etc.  2.7 would be optional on Lariat and Tremor and std on Limited.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Ford has already said the 2.7 will be available on the XLT and Lariat. I doubt you will ever see a moonroof as the current cab, which seems to be almost a carryover from the previous gen, was probably never designed to accommodate one.

Does anyone know if any of the body or frame parts are sourced outside of North America?

38 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Does anyone know if any of the body or frame parts are sourced outside of North America?

No, it’s all domestic. Some of the body parts are made on site. The rest of it is all fairly local. Not sure where the frames come from, Tennessee rings a bell for some reason. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Everyone is complaining about missing models and features at launch but nobody is acknowledging that the Raptor model is part of the launch.  Launching a Ranger Raptor is far more difficult than adding a Supercab or Tremor or Limited with the 2.7 so it makes sense to me that they would limit the other features in favor of Raptor first.  

Yes, it sucks if you wanted a limited and/or Supercab and/or the 2.7L right away but if they had offered that instead of the Raptor then the Raptor buyers would be just as disappointed.  I don’t think it would have been wise to launch with everything.  That lesson was learned the hard way with Bronco.

Going forward I expect to see a Supercab and possibly a crew cab 6 foot bed along with Tremor and Limited models.  Limited would add moonroof, heated and cooled seats, remote tailgate, etc.  2.7 would be optional on Lariat and Tremor and std on Limited.

From what I can gather, there is some stiff competition in the midsize truck market, and not a lot of brand loyalty. Go look at any midsize truck enthusiast website and you will see multiple discussions about cross shopping all the new generations coming out. I think it would have been wise for ford to announce the whole line up to keep customers from jumping ship. Even having the asterisk for “late availability” or “coming in 2024” would have been fine, at least your customer knows that it’s coming. Without any solid official info from ford, I could see those customers on the fence switching brands. 

On 5/26/2023 at 7:28 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I get the impression the Ranger Raptor won’t be as artificially limited production as it’s F-150 and Bronco cousins 

weve been told were getting 1...........maybe that will loosen up but initially supply will be pathetic...grrrrr...they also arent doing the COVP system, Ranger Raptor orders have to be flagged as "stock"...wonder if thats to do with the shambles they created regarding price protection....

Edited by Deanh

40 minutes ago, Deanh said:

weve been told were getting 1...........maybe that will loosen up but initially supply will be pathetic...grrrrr...they also arent doing the COVP system, Ranger Raptor orders have to be flagged as "stock"...wonder if thats to do with the shambles they created regarding price protection....

Raptors have always followed a different process regarding allocation and production.  Nothing new.

Theyre probably hedging their bets on volume until they’re sure they can get enough parts.

Edited by akirby

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

From what I can gather, there is some stiff competition in the midsize truck market, and not a lot of brand loyalty. Go look at any midsize truck enthusiast website and you will see multiple discussions about cross shopping all the new generations coming out. I think it would have been wise for ford to announce the whole line up to keep customers from jumping ship. Even having the asterisk for “late availability” or “coming in 2024” would have been fine, at least your customer knows that it’s coming. Without any solid official info from ford, I could see those customers on the fence switching brands. 

I don’t think that’s a problem since Ford is constrained to 100k-150k units.  Remember they sold 100k of the current model pre Covid with only one engine choice and no Raptor.

25 minutes ago, akirby said:

Raptors have always followed a different process regarding allocation and production.  Nothing new.

Theyre probably hedging their bets on volume until they’re sure they can get enough parts.

whats head scratching is the F150 Raptor and the Bronco Raptor could be ordered as Reatil units under someonesname...and Ford literally denanded theybe COVP'ed....so much for consistancy.... my bet is it allows them to sidestep price protection...Ive got$ 2800 coming my way on the Bronco Raptor...but it was ordered under my name AND COVP'ed....

4 minutes ago, Deanh said:

whats head scratching is the F150 Raptor and the Bronco Raptor could be ordered as Reatil units under someonesname...and Ford literally denanded theybe COVP'ed....so much for consistancy.... my bet is it allows them to sidestep price protection...Ive got$ 2800 coming my way on the Bronco Raptor...but it was ordered under my name AND COVP'ed....

COVP or not that doesn’t affect Raptor allocations.  You get what you get.  That’s different than the previous COVP programs.

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t think that’s a problem since Ford is constrained to 100k-150k units.  Remember they sold 100k of the current model pre Covid with only one engine choice and no Raptor.

That was also pre-Bronco. The whole plant operates completely different now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

COVP or not that doesn’t affect Raptor allocations.  You get what you get.  That’s different than the previous COVP programs.

but copies of the signed COVP order etc were, along with DORAS, required when price protection comes up and we had to fight with ford....so, are they sidestepping that with the Ranger?...I wonder...

Edited by Deanh

24 minutes ago, Deanh said:

all kidding aside though...the Bronco Raptor scoots...I can only imagine how qick the Ranger will be as it will most likely weigh significantly less....

Bronco has a secret weight weapon too - remove the doors and roof and viola, you immediately drop a couple hundred pounds haha.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

but copies of the signed COVP order etc were, along with DORAS, required when price protection comes up and we had to fight with ford....so, are they sidestepping that with the Ranger?...I wonder...

Oh I get it now you were talking about price protection.  I thought Ford did away with that anyway - they at least considered it due to the lengthy delays.  I wouldn’t count on it,

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

all kidding aside though...the Bronco Raptor scoots...I can only imagine how qick the Ranger will be as it will most likely weigh significantly less....

Its 400 lbs lighter but it also has slightly less power due to exhaust routing.

• Like 1