Official '24 Ford Ranger NA Release

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

While I appreciate the passion and numerous opinions reflected in the posts about the keyless entry keypads, is there really anything more to add at this point?

Agreed. Can we move the conversation to why we have to buy Lariat-level trim just to get push to start?  Heck, my bottom-feeder Equinox company car has it, as did the Dodge Journey I had prior.

Hahaha!  HRG

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 8:14 PM, bzcat said:

Ranger is Ford's 3rd best selling nameplate after F-150 and Transit and a major profit driver. It's unfathomable that P703 program didn't have EV or PHEV development baked in from the start. 

Have sources at Ford confirmed that P703 Ranger program doesn't have a Lightning (BEV) version planned? That would be unfathomable indeed, given the impressive success of F-150 Lightning and E-Transit along with Ford's own strategies for transitioning to an all-electric vehicle lineup.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:36 PM, 2005Explorer said:

The cab is carryover so you are correct that the restyled door panels and headliner are giving the interior measurements a fraction of an inch improvements. So if you wanted a roomier cab that didn't happen. Always hate when things grow outside, but not inside on vehicles. I'm fine with the space inside the Ranger, but I know a lot of people complain about it. The Maverick is larger inside if you don't need or want the tougher truck capabilities.

True. But in this case, the added width (wider tracks) along with the longer wheelbase should improve ride, and handling on & off-road. 

6 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Have sources at Ford confirmed that P703 Ranger program doesn't have a Lightning (BEV) version planned? That would be unfathomable indeed, given the impressive success of F-150 Lightning and E-Transit along with Ford's own strategies for transitioning to an all-electric vehicle lineup.

Ford did register the name Ranger Lightning in Europe. Makes sense since this will be Ford's first region to go BEV-only.

PS: Does anyone know what the "Thunder" variant name (for the F150, Ranger and Maverick) will be used for? 

Looks like the Ranger Thunder will be a global Ranger variant. The name (trademark) has been registered in Thailand, the Philippines, European Union, & Mexico, and is pending in the USA, Canada, & New Zealand.

Edited by AM222
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Its more a matter of resources...the BEV Ranger and Bronco aren't supposed to hit the market till 2029 or so

As for the PHEV, maybe the apparent issues with the F-150 powerboost and Explorer Hybrid drivetrain is pushing back them coming out. I was figuring that a Bronco Hybrid would hit the market in 2025 or so...so maybe the Ranger will also follow suit

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Thunder is apparently what the next gen Lighting, the T3, will be called. 

If this is true, it also supports the idea of continuing the current Lightning into future generations as a more traditionally styled truck intended more for work/commercial clientele, whereas "Thunder" could be more "futurized" the a more polarizing design.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

If this is true, it also supports the idea of continuing the current Lightning into future generations as a more traditionally styled truck intended more for work/commercial clientele, whereas "Thunder" could be more "futurized" the a more polarizing design.

"Thunder" is pretty polarizing TBH.

29 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Here is the order guide for the 2024 Ranger

2024 Ranger Order Guide.pdf

So, to settle the debate from earlier in the thread:

it looks as if XL does indeed come with halogens standard, as LED reflectors are specifically called out as upgrades for XL STX appearance package, and the LED head/taillights are standard in XLT.

The XL pictured in reveal photos must have had the STX package, which is why it seemed like they all had the LED reflectors standard (with upper trims, of course getting the projector style LED).

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

it looks as if XL does indeed come with halogens standard, as LED reflectors are specifically called out as upgrades for XL STX appearance package, and the LED head/taillights are standard in XLT.

The XL pictured in reveal photos must have had the STX package, which is why it seemed like they all had the LED reflectors standard (with upper trims, of course getting the projector style LED).

Which leaves halogens only for fleet specials.  Most retail XL buyers will opt for the STX.

5 minutes ago, maginty said:

And if I'm reading correctly, you pay for navigation and it's only good for 3 yrs?

In the past there was connected navigation and standalone nav.  Connected has real time traffic updates, maps, etc and that’s by subscription.  Similar to Sirius travel link.  Without the subscription you just get regular navigation.  So I think you still get standard nav u less they’re changing it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

In the past there was connected navigation and standalone nav.  Connected has real time traffic updates, maps, etc and that’s by subscription.  Similar to Sirius travel link.  Without the subscription you just get regular navigation.  So I think you still get standard nav u less they’re changing it.

That's what I have. Although Sync 4 is pretty good, I default to Android Auto.

11 minutes ago, Hugh said:

That's what I have. Although Sync 4 is pretty good, I default to Android Auto.

We listen exclusively to SiriusXM and the 24 presets work great or to a thumb drive which I don’t think I can do with CarPlay.  So we use the built in Nav.  I think with Lincoln we get a 5 or 6 year subscription.  It works well on sync 4 except it won’t give you route options like Google maps so you have to use waypoints which is a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akirby said:

We listen exclusively to SiriusXM and the 24 presets work great or to a thumb drive which I don’t think I can do with CarPlay.  So we use the built in Nav.  I think with Lincoln we get a 5 or 6 year subscription.  It works well on sync 4 except it won’t give you route options like Google maps so you have to use waypoints which is a bit of a pain.

My Nav went away after 3 months on my Bronco (well live updates). 

I'll check playing a USB stick while using carplay-I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. The only issue is that you won't get album/song data

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Which leaves halogens only for fleet specials.  Most retail XL buyers will opt for the STX.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Actually, I mis-spoke and read it incorrectly looking at it again.

The STX Appearance package is standard equipment on the XL, which means ALL Rangers will have the LED reflectors as standard equipment.

I don't even see a "fleet special" option.

Edited by rmc523