2025 Expedition Spied

rmc523

2025 Ford Expedition Spotted For First Time With Big Changes (fordauthority.com)

Looks like a 2009/2021 F-150 style "all new" in that the basic cab structure remains the same with a new front/rear clip and liftgate and interior.

The off-centered fin antenna looks stupid.  Not sure why they'd do that.  Nice to see they moved to the hidden rear wiper.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/666638/next-gen-ford-expedition-spied-for-first-time-boxy-dirty/?fbclid=IwAR1eJVDcoyr5mPv6wJhNrBqsrbV5t73nCml2f8keowohXHauGxjcxAHlYY0

I'm guessing Ford is going to be busy with releases till the end of next year, or at least that is what the rumor going around here was saying. 

Weird, I posted this the other day but the thread appears to be gone......

....oh.  It seems even though I posted it here in the Ford Discussion section that someone moved it to the Expedition Forum for some reason....2025 Expedition Spied - Expedition Forum - Blue Oval Forums

I'll copy my comments from that thread......

Looks like a 2009/2021 F-150 style "all new" in that the basic cab structure remains the same with a new front/rear clip and liftgate and interior.

The off-centered fin antenna looks stupid.  Not sure why they'd do that.  Nice to see they moved to the hidden rear wiper.

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It seems even though I posted it here in the Ford Discussion section that someone moved it to the Expedition Forum for some reason

Wasn’t me but his name rhymes with “vice charades”…..  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Weird, I posted this the other day but the thread appears to be gone......

....oh.  It seems even though I posted it here in the Ford Discussion section that someone moved it to the Expedition Forum for some reason....2025 Expedition Spied - Expedition Forum - Blue Oval Forums

I'll copy my comments from that thread......

I simply moved the topic from the Ford Discussion section to the Expedition forum where it belongs. No content was deleted. 

• ice-capades changed the title to Next Gen Expedition Spied
53 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I simply moved the topic from the Ford Discussion section to the Expedition forum where it belongs. No content was deleted. 

40 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Now I'm finding that there's another thread on the same Expedition topic. To simplify the conversation, I'm going to merge the two threads in the Expedition Forum. 

Well, I had a reply typed out but it got deleted with the merge.

Why are we moving this?   It's Ford news.

Moving things to individual subforums just hides them away where nobody goes, IMO.  Another thread got created because it's Ford news and they didn't see the hidden away thread.

By that logic, the main Ford discussion area should only have Ford monthly results.  Guess the Ranger debut thread ought to go to the Ranger subforum.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, I had a reply typed out but it got deleted with the merge.

Why are we moving this?   It's Ford news.

Moving things to individual subforums just hides them away where nobody goes, IMO.  Another thread got created because it's Ford news and they didn't see the hidden away thread.

By that logic, the main Ford discussion area should only have Ford monthly results.  Guess the Ranger debut thread ought to go to the Ranger subforum.

This has been an ongoing debate.

Personally I think new products go in the main forum while order guides, production info and product specific questions go in the product subforum.  But we don’t have a hard and fast rule.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

This has been an ongoing debate.

Personally I think new products go in the main forum while order guides, production info and product specific questions go in the product subforum.  But we don’t have a hard and fast rule.

Am I the only one who only looks at "all new content", rather than sub-forums?  If there's activity in any forum, it shows up in new content.  Why spend time looking anywhere else?

HRG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Am I the only one who only looks at "all new content", rather than sub-forums?  If there's activity in any forum, it shows up in new content.  Why spend time looking anywhere else?

HRG

That’s what I do but you’d be surprised how many don’t.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:23 PM, rmc523 said:

2025 Ford Expedition Spotted For First Time With Big Changes (fordauthority.com)

I saw this on Ford Authority and was disappointed by the news the main body structure appears like it will remain the same.  I feel it is time for an update, as the current design has gotten very tired for me.  The Expy is facing pretty stiff competition from GM and Jeep, and it makes me wonder if it is a victim of lost development funds to the EVs.  I will be interested to see how “new” they can make it look with just a front clip change and another new tailgate.  The side profile of the taillights has got to change to help it look new otherwise it will really look like they phoned it in on this redesign, IMO.  

As an aside, the frame and drivetrain on the Expy are excellent, so it wouldn’t seem necessary to devote a ton of resources to improving them, which should leave more for the exterior.  

I actually think the frame needs to be reworked some.  It maybe strong, but it allows too much flex compared to its competitors.  The current trucks feel way to jiggly and shaky over some roads, this needs to change because it changes the perception of the vehicle, esp when getting into other vehicles afterward.

9 hours ago, tbone said:

I saw this on Ford Authority and was disappointed by the news the main body structure appears like it will remain the same.  I feel it is time for an update, as the current design has gotten very tired for me.  The Expy is facing pretty stiff competition from GM and Jeep, and it makes me wonder if it is a victim of lost development funds to the EVs.  I will be interested to see how “new” they can make it look with just a front clip change and another new tailgate.  The side profile of the taillights has got to change to help it look new otherwise it will really look like they phoned it in on this redesign, IMO.  

I agree with you here. I was hoping for a full redesign, the side of the Expedition has always looked just a little aged to me. But I’m not surprised it’s just a heavy refresh. I wonder what that means for its platform  twin, the Navigator. Full redesign or heavy refresh?

I can see why they left it alone.  It's one of the safest vehicles on the market currently, so it maybe to help keep pillars a through c the same to keep its side crash test scores the same.

I hope a lot of the r&d goes to better ride and handling performance.

Edited by Dlcorbett

15 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

HRG

I used to.  But I didn't want new from all the subforums (I don't feel like having to "mark read" all the "what bulb does my Ford ____ take?" posts.  I was able to edit the filters of the unread stuff once to just the subforums I wanted, but then I tried it again and I couldn't get it to work right - it wouldn't bring up threads that I knew had new content, so I gave up.

11 hours ago, tbone said:

As an aside, the frame and drivetrain on the Expy are excellent, so it wouldn’t seem necessary to devote a ton of resources to improving them, which should leave more for the exterior.  

I understand wanting to keep the same general body, but all sheetmetal should be new if they want to take that approach.

I'll wait for the full reveal, but it disappointingly looks like they may have kept the same door skins, which would have been an easy way to help differentiate new from old, and not just new front/rear clips.  At least with Mustang when they've done this, they've given it completely new skin all around.

45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I understand wanting to keep the same general body, but all sheetmetal should be new if they want to take that approach.

I'll wait for the full reveal, but it disappointingly looks like they may have kept the same door skins, which would have been an easy way to help differentiate new from old, and not just new front/rear clips.  At least with Mustang when they've done this, they've given it completely new skin all around.

Totally agree on the sheetmetal. I will wait and see as well, but I don’t have a good feeling about it.  Perhaps being an also ran is acceptable to Ford, and they don’t actually want to challenge for the lead.  It would be unfortunate, as the bones of the vehicle are very good. 

On 5/12/2023 at 4:35 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

see also: 2024 Ranger

Yup.  Through the camo, the sheetmetal on the doors looks pretty similar to the outgoing model, so hopefully they will have changed it to some degree.

On 5/13/2023 at 7:26 AM, Dlcorbett said:

Well, Expy already has the Timberline model, that's what this look like.

• 2 weeks later...