2025 Expedition Spied

rmc523

18 hours ago, tbone said:

I do fixate on the character line on the side profile of the vehicle because it’s a defining characteristic for what is a slab sided vehicle.  That line will have been in place for neatly seven years by the time the 2025s roll off the line.  If they don’t change that line or change the beltline of the vehicle it will continue to look the same to me.  

I do think additional changes could sell more of these vehicles.  The price point of these vehicles is in the middle to high income earners that aren’t as impacted by economic conditions.  If you want to sell more than GM you have to draw attention and be better.  They may not catch them because they have such a head start but I want the to try.  I would argue Ford did this to the Expedition in the past when they left them unchanged for long periods of time, and I don’t want them to do it again.

I won’t repeatedly buy a vehicle if it doesn’t change because I get bored with them.  Refreshes are one thing, but a new model has to be different in my eyes. 

I’ll let this rest now.  

BTW, the digital mirror wasn’t my deal.  

Just for the record I wasn’t suggesting you personally had to like it.  I just think 99% of potential buyers would see the new front and rear and new interior and say that’s a new vehicle and they would not be as fixated on the carryover belt line.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 9:58 AM, akirby said:

I don’t understand this mindset of needing wholesale changes if the current vehicle is well executed.  You need to make it different enough to appeal to repeat buyers but different sheet metal isn’t going to move the needle any more than the current one.

the mindset is concern of letting the product go stale.  While I agree, it may not be the end of the world if it retains the same character line, there’s a chance it may not look all new with that approach (though spy photos indicate pretty healthy front and rear changes)

On 5/29/2023 at 10:59 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because it adds cost for absolutely zero net benefit. It’s a perfect example of not changing what isn’t broken. Nothing wrong with an old fashioned mirror. 

Because that’s actually useful when most cargo vans don’t have rear windows. I would have like it when I drove cargo vans for a living, but I can also admit that not having a rear view mirror/camera really in the end wasn’t a big deal since you still have side mirrors. 

Zero benefit isn’t true.

I wish Bronco had it as an option with the spare tire back there….remember you can toggle between camera and traditional mirror.

On 5/30/2023 at 1:04 AM, akirby said:
2 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

interesting look with it rising up to the belt line/windows.  I also see a horizontal element on the lift gate peeking though on the left side 

Edited by rmc523

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

https://fordauthority.com/2024/02/2025-ford-expedition-refresh-details-revealed-exclusive/

Nothing new but some new information out.  They are now calling this a mid cycle, though the 22 was a mid cycle.  For them to mention the steering wheel, I wonder how different it can be.

The plan is to use the same interior layout on both Fords and Lincolns?? ?

It’s hard to feel optimistic about the 2025 Expedition and perhaps the Navigator. The fact that this is referred to as a refresh in this article is disturbing, however not terribly surprising considering it’s pretty evident that there’s a lot of carryover sheet-metal, in particular on the sides of the vehicle.   I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but a heavily revised interior would not be sufficient to get me to buy a new Expy, when it originally debuted in 2018.  It would have to be joined by substantial exterior changes.  

I did want to point out the stellar reporting by Ford authority, “we expect a full reveal in the coming weeks or months.” Very specific information there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...