2023 Super Duty Issues

Wanted to start a topic on 23 issues 

I’ve been having a issue with my 360 camera the tailgate Cam is blue screen every now and then want to see if anyone else has a the same issue 

also Trans temp seem high also when it’s warm out it runs anywhere from 200-220 in town driving seem high to me ?‍♂️

• ice-capades changed the title to 2023 Super Duty Issues
  • 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a lot of fluctuation in trans temp as well.  It seems to go between 198 and as high as 212.  It always comes back down but it's odd to me that it varies that much.  And I don't see rhyme or reason to it - sometimes it rises on a dead flat road with no noticeable load on the truck (other than pulling a big heavy truck at 70+ MPH down the highway.  It concerned me the first time I noticed it, but it has always regulated itself back down.  I wonder if this same thing has happened with the 10 speed transmissions in prior years.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:30 PM, HelotesAg said:

I've noticed a lot of fluctuation in trans temp as well.  It seems to go between 198 and as high as 212.  It always comes back down but it's odd to me that it varies that much.  And I don't see rhyme or reason to it - sometimes it rises on a dead flat road with no noticeable load on the truck (other than pulling a big heavy truck at 70+ MPH down the highway.  It concerned me the first time I noticed it, but it has always regulated itself back down.  I wonder if this same thing has happened with the 10 speed transmissions in prior years.

I don’t know it’s concerning for me..mine is a F350 7.3 just the other day I drove with about 1200-1500lbs in the bed (that’s another issue I need to figure out to) the temp went up to 219 it was about 80+ outside… I don’t want to think about what it would go up to pulling a 5th wheel on hot days or hills.. it’s very concerning 

Payload 

my payload on my 7.3 F350 is 4100 and some odd lbs I put a 1200-1500lb pallet of River rock in the bed when I went over bumps it was on the over load springs and hitting the bump stops I can’t imagine if I was to put on a 5th wheel with 2000+ tongue weight in it what it would do seems soft to my.. I don’t have FX4 or Tremor package because I wanted as much payload as I could get ?‍♂️?‍♂️

14 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

I don’t know it’s concerning for me..mine is a F350 7.3 just the other day I drove with about 1200-1500lbs in the bed (that’s another issue I need to figure out to) the temp went up to 219 it was about 80+ outside… I don’t want to think about what it would go up to pulling a 5th wheel on hot days or hills.. it’s very concerning 

I haven't pulled my 5th wheel yet - but I did pull a flatbed with a 4 door jeep on it from San Antonio to Indiana last weekend and the transmission exhibited the same behavior - fluctuated quite a bit but it never went above 212.   My first fifth wheel trip is later in June - in South Texas where it will be a lot hotter than 80.  I'm anxious to see how it does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

Payload 

my payload on my 7.3 F350 is 4100 and some odd lbs I put a 1200-1500lb pallet of River rock in the bed when I went over bumps it was on the over load springs and hitting the bump stops

I just had 4 pallets of river rock delivered from Home Depot.  64 bags per pallet at 50 lbs is 3200 lbs if it was a full pallet.

17 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

Payload 

my payload on my 7.3 F350 is 4100 and some odd lbs I put a 1200-1500lb pallet of River rock in the bed when I went over bumps it was on the over load springs and hitting the bump stops I can’t imagine if I was to put on a 5th wheel with 2000+ tongue weight in it what it would do seems soft to my.. I don’t have FX4 or Tremor package because I wanted as much payload as I could get ?‍♂️?‍♂️

You shouldn't have issues with only 2K pin weight, even on a SRW F-350. I have completed tens of thousands of miles pulling a 3,000 lb pin weight 5'er with a F-350 SRW and have carried multiple 5,000 - 6,000 lb loads on the F-350 DRW 4x2. No issues and don't recall hitting the stops. With the current F-450, it hardly sinks when I hitch up the 5'er, when it's light (3,000 lbs pin weight).

44 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

You shouldn't have issues with only 2K pin weight, even on a SRW F-350. I have completed tens of thousands of miles pulling a 3,000 lb pin weight 5'er with a F-350 SRW and have carried multiple 5,000 - 6,000 lb loads on the F-350 DRW 4x2. No issues and don't recall hitting the stops. With the current F-450, it hardly sinks when I hitch up the 5'er, when it's light (3,000 lbs pin weight).

I may have to get another 30bags when I do I’ll take some pictures and post them

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RustyRooter said:

Interesting.  My 2023 transmission runs pretty hot as well... I've seen it as high as 222F.  Funny, the actual gauge never moves... it's in the same place from about 160F to 220F.  All this in the city, making multiple stops, with about 1000# in the truck.

Yeah I don’t understand it..

7 hours ago, AggieF350 said:

Yeah I don’t understand it..

What's funny... my 2009 transmission gauge warms up and sticks like glue to that One Spot on the gauge... and has never wavered in 14 years and 208,000 miles.  It's an XL, so it doesn't have the digital readout like my new truck does... so I don't know what it's really reading.  Ignorance is bliss.

My snotty comment would have to be... 'if Ford put manuals in trucks, again, like the Good Old Days, I wouldn't have to worry so much about the trans temp.'

15 hours ago, RustyRooter said:

What's funny... my 2009 transmission gauge warms up and sticks like glue to that One Spot on the gauge... and has never wavered in 14 years and 208,000 miles.  It's an XL, so it doesn't have the digital readout like my new truck does... so I don't know what it's really reading.  Ignorance is bliss.

My snotty comment would have to be... 'if Ford put manuals in trucks, again, like the Good Old Days, I wouldn't have to worry so much about the trans temp.'

I know for a fact in the past some Ford analog gauges like oil pressure only had 3 positions (off, ok, not ok) and would not move at all as long as it was in range.  

Edited by akirby

• 5 months later...

My 23 6.7 came with cracked power steering reservoir and leaked fluid all over my driveway. It also slips when shifting from 3rd to 4th. Since the system was updated due to the camera recall, randomly when i start the truck only certain speakers work, the front collision/emergency breaking stops working and gives me a warning on the dash and my fuel MPG average randomly shows zero and then goes back to where it was. I feel like my truck isn't whatever plant it came from's best work. 

11 hours ago, gsliva said:

I feel like my truck isn't whatever plant it came from's best work. 

ugh… so frustrating 

I’ve had some minor frustrations with my ‘22.   It’s so difficult to be tolerant/understanding given the financial outlay, especially considering the last few years of “bend me over” price markups (yeah, that’s a dealer thing vs mfg but still a tough pill to swallow.)

Mirror glass on passenger side moves. First dealer replaced the motor.  Same issue.  Went to my selling dealer,  he replacement my dash under the recall.  He said first dealer didn't tighten something on mirror. Had truck delivered to me. Day one same problem . I'll be calling Monday.  It doesn't seem as the glass is loose. It's when I park it and cone back the alignment is moved.  I have the mirrors set to auto fold, good way to tell if I locked truck.

2023 F250 lariat 4x4 club, 7.3, 3000 miles . 2 weeks ago  Engine light came in brought it in and its an O2 sensor, parts not available since its so new. Dealer says okay to drive. today leaving church  normal start up routine, Start truck, let warm put in drive , realize parking brake but no. brake doesn't release. try backing up, nothing. shut it down try again same issue. shut it down and wait a few minutes , I get a warning parking brake issue get serviced asap.now with a 2nd engine light. A lightening bolt, which when I get home and look up the manual it is indeed get the e brake looked at. so of course its Sunday and tomorrow is Christmas , so hopefully dealer will be open on Tuesday with a loaner.

again quality is no longer job 1 at ford.

57 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

2023 F250 lariat 4x4 club, 7.3, 3000 miles . 2 weeks ago  Engine light came in brought it in and its an O2 sensor, parts not available since its so new. Dealer says okay to drive. today leaving church  normal start up routine, Start truck, let warm put in drive , realize parking brake but no. brake doesn't release. try backing up, nothing. shut it down try again same issue. shut it down and wait a few minutes , I get a warning parking brake issue get serviced asap.now with a 2nd engine light. A lightening bolt, which when I get home and look up the manual it is indeed get the e brake looked at. so of course its Sunday and tomorrow is Christmas , so hopefully dealer will be open on Tuesday with a loaner.

again quality is no longer job 1 at ford.

I've commented numerous times about the years that Ford used the "Quality is Job #1" as its advertising slogan. It was laughable back then and not much has changed over the years, as evidenced by Ford having the distinction of having more recalls than any other manufacturer. Their warranty costs are in excess of $2B and yet little has been done to improve the situation. To give them credit, Ford has done better in addressing the issue with new vehicle introductions, but we'll have to wait to see what the results are.

Good luck with your Dealer on Tuesday!   

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

On 12/24/2023 at 10:49 AM, ice-capades said:

I've commented numerous times about the years that Ford used the "Quality is Job #1" as its advertising slogan. It was laughable back then and not much has changed over the years, as evidenced by Ford having the distinction of having more recalls than any other manufacturer. Their warranty costs are in excess of $2B and yet little has been done to improve the situation. To give them credit, Ford has done better in addressing the issue with new vehicle introductions, but we'll have to wait to see what the results are.

Good luck with your Dealer on Tuesday!   

How about "Have you driven a Ford lately"  Another classic "what were they thinking"?

2 hours ago, Monoman said:

How about "Have you driven a Ford lately"  Another classic "what were they thinking"?

The "Have you driven a Ford lately?" campaign ran for 17 years and was one of Ford's best. I had the opportunity to meet Kacey Cisyk, who sang the theme, at a Ford meeting in 1993 held at the Windows on the World restaurant at the top of the World Trade Center for the launch of the 1993 Ford Probe. She married the sound engineer that she worked with frequently and unfortunately passed away at age 44 from breast cancer. Her voice was considered as the most heard in America as she also did the "You Deserve a Break Today" for McDonald's and many other campaigns for major advertisers.  

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2