Best Cargo Liner for 2022 Ford Escape

bobbyd

I am trying to decide between a Weather Tech cargo trunk liner ($115 plus shipping) or a popular TN Trunk Net cargo liner on Amazon ($60). I couldn't find any difference, other than price! I would appreciate any comments with those who have purchased cargo liners for the new redesigned Escape ! Thanks!

It depends on what you are trying to protect. Are you trying to protect the seat backs and bumper, as well as the floor of the bed or just the bed from spills and dirt.

I just got my new 2023 Escape, and I plan to take it skiing next season as well as just out and about.

I got the weathertech Cargo liner (molded to fit) that will be used during the winter when I have to keep loading wet things like boots, and maybe chains or other wet stuff.

I also got for general use around town a custom "Cover king" liner which is waterproof, but does not have the edge catcher water barrier but covers the backs of the seats when folded down. This cover fits perfectly and has the bumper flap so when I have to load things I am not worried about scratching up the bumper.

Both very well made and if you can catch them on sale, they would be a bit more affordable. I figure I want the interior of the vehicle to last as long as possible.

Storage nets are just that. Storage devices that don't protect the carpets or backs of the rear seats.

Full coverage protectors are pricey and if not "custom built" for the vehicle they will leave gaps or waste some of your cargo space.

If you are planning on having animals back there, then padded ones might be more appropriate unless all you are attempting to do is protect the interior finishes. The padded waterproof ones would be great for your pets..

Edited by dchan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dchan said:

It depends on what you are trying to protect. Are you trying to protect the seat backs and bumper, as well as the floor of the bed or just the bed from spills and dirt.

I just got my new 2023 Escape, and I plan to take it skiing next season as well as just out and about.

I got the weathertech Cargo liner (molded to fit) that will be used during the winter when I have to keep loading wet things like boots, and maybe chains or other wet stuff.

I also got for general use around town a custom "Cover king" liner which is waterproof, but does not have the edge catcher water barrier but covers the backs of the seats when folded down. This cover fits perfectly and has the bumper flap so when I have to load things I am not worried about scratching up the bumper.

Both very well made and if you can catch them on sale, they would be a bit more affordable. I figure I want the interior of the vehicle to last as long as possible.

Storage nets are just that. Storage devices that don't protect the carpets or backs of the rear seats.

Full coverage protectors are pricey and if not "custom built" for the vehicle they will leave gaps or waste some of your cargo space.

If you are planning on having animals back there, then padded ones might be more appropriate unless all you are attempting to do is protect the interior finishes. The padded waterproof ones would be great for your pets..

Thanks for the information. You certainly have great knowledge on those helpful interior suggestions. My family is constantly sliding large coolers in and out of the cargo area and I'm tired of using towels to protect the carpet from wear! I also am now researching 'ceramic polish vs carnuba wax' for the exterior of the Escape. It seems there are many different types, but also need to buy more micro fibre towels! Thanks again!

Edited by bobbyd