Ford introducing new 7 seat EV CUV in 2025 with 350 miles of range

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

If you can charge at home, the point is moot for the most part...you'd have to charge once or twice a week depending on your commute or if you can charge at work. Plus I guess you missed the part about charging being ubiquitous as finding a gas station. Even if you didn't have charging at home, you could drive to Target (for example) go shopping for 30 minutes and your car would be at 80-90% charge when your done. Its a mindset change from oh I have to stop at a gas station to hey I can get this done while the car is getting charged, if you don't have access to a charger at home/work. 

Realistically having to charge for 15-20 minutes on a 3-4+ hour drive isn't a bad thing...get lunch or coffee and unwind a bit.  

I don’t dispute anything that you’re saying, as it will require a change in mindset.  However, those charging opportunities ideally need to be where I care to spend time.

Regarding my long-distance trips, which we take multiple times per year, we like to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, and we don’t doddle in between those points too much. This method doesn’t lend itself to longer charging times for now.  

Regarding this test vehicle, I won’t be able to have a charger at home so I will have to use public infrastructure. It’s not because I can’t have one installed at my home, it’s the policy for the time being.  I don’t consider this an ideal setup, but I l will get a sense of the public charging infrastructure.  

9 minutes ago, tbone said:

I don’t dispute anything that you’re saying, as it will require a change in mindset.  However, those charging opportunities ideally need to be where I care to spend time.

Regarding my long-distance trips, which we take multiple times per year, we like to get from point A to point B as fast as possible, and we don’t doddle in between those points too much. This method doesn’t lend itself to longer charging times for now.  

Regarding this test vehicle, I won’t be able to have a charger at home so I will have to use public infrastructure. It’s not because I can’t have one installed at my home, it’s the policy for the time being.  I don’t consider this an ideal setup, but I l will get a sense of the public charging infrastructure.  

I’ll be very interested in hearing about your experience with this.