VW ID.BUZZ (US Version)

rmc523

18 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I really have never seen the appeal of VW Bus, nor do I see the appeal of this thing.

I also don't understand how today they don't put regular roll down windows in the sliders - the excuse of "retaining the flush glass" proposed in the article is BS.

The target demographic for the VW Bus is getting to the point that they can't drive anymore (Baby Boomers from the 1960s)...I'm not sure its really popular with Gen X either...they where 20-25 years at that point when we first started driving. 

However it is a cultural automotive icon in its shape and will cause a stir in the automotive world...but how that translates to actual sales remains to be seen. I think the Mustang is suffering to a point because of the same factors that the VW Bus has to a point..the Mustang is a bit deeper where as the VW bus is just surface interest.

I'm thinking the lack of rolldown windows on the siders is due to crash impact bars in the doors-the slider is pretty long and roll down windows wouldn't be able to clear it?