2024 FORD EXPLORER SPIED WITH CHINESE COUNTERPART’S FEATURES

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

Hopefully the interior looks like the chinese version too. 

The Nautilis gives me hope that the explorer will get the Chinese interior. It doesn’t make sense to me not to make that available when it exists.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know, I think this one is worse. This front doesn’t seem to flow as well. I thought the current one was weird at first too but it grew on me, this just looks like an after thought, like it’s one of those generic SUVs used in video games and movies

IMO, another cycle of bleh Explorer interior.  I was hoping it would be similar to the Chinese version, to shed the stigma of chintzy interior from the current one and redeem itself.  But by the looks of it, it will still get criticized for not being as attractive as the Hyundai twins.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hugh said:

I'm not angry enough to criticize the NA interior considering the Chinese one IMHO is much better so it's a weak like instead. It is what it is however, is this a base model perhaps?

15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

explorer-interior-china.jpg2024-ford-explorer-interior-spy-photo.jpI like the new interior (bottom pic) but I wonder why they wasted the time and money to design a new one when the Chinese version looks much better. I guess they don’t want to encroach too much on the aviator.

What do you think about the rear? I think the Chinese version looks better. The rear styling of the North American refresh looks half-baked since they have to blend the new look with the old bumper/taillight shape.
2024-ford-explorer-rear-view-spy-photo.j
-Motor1
2023-Ford-Explorer-China-FL-2-Carscoops-
-Carscoops

6 hours ago, AM222 said:

What do you think about the rear? I think the Chinese version looks better. The rear styling of the North American refresh looks half-baked since they have to blend the new look with the old bumper/taillight shape.
-Motor1
-Carscoops

Both versions look better than the current design. The current gen explorer was a step back in design appeal compared to the 2011-19, which is where they perfected explorer styling imo. But the facelift is an improvement either way. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AM222 said:

-Motor1
-Carscoops

I feel the Chinese version is better executed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

The motor1 article that silvrsvt shared indicates it's an ST-Line. In the current U.S. Ford Explorer hierarchy, that trim is 2 levels above the base.

ST-Line is a great trim level IMO. 

• Like 2