2024 FORD EXPLORER SPIED WITH CHINESE COUNTERPART’S FEATURES

2 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

When will we be getting a new explorer generation entirely? Maybe around 2030 or so? It just seems like this generation has been a dud compared to what came before and Ford needs to completely redesign it to move past it's shortcomings. 

Surely you jest.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I wouldn’t say that. I believe the explorer is the top selling midsize suv. Exterior design still looks better than most of the competitors. The interior is where it was really lacking and hopefully that gets fixed with this refresh.  IMO the only area it’s been a dud is quality.

image.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Refreshed Ford Explorer Spotted Towing Trailer

image.thumb.png.f74e2dd540b2b11e058bc1c672b04711.png

image.thumb.png.46c9502264e1c11120e9e6ccef6f52a7.png

https://fordauthority.com/2023/09/refreshed-ford-explorer-spotted-towing-trailer/

And this is important because? Ford Authority is very good at generating volumes of content but sometimes it serves their interest primarily and has little value. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

And this is important because? Ford Authority is very good at generating volumes of content but sometimes it serves their interest primarily and has little value. 

I agree that they have a lot of fluff stories just to generate content but that is a good image of the refresh, which looks to be an ST Line.  

Maybe Ford is responding to the new Chevy Traverse coming out in The spring 2024?

The current base 2.3 liter with 300 hp and 310 lbs ft torque would not be competitive!

Also, Traverse looks like new good looking SUV and the revised Explorer probably did not go far enough in the mid cycle redesign, on the outside!

The Explorer product manager must be pulling out some hair right now. If the new Explorer doesn’t include the “New” 2.3 utilizing 102 mm stroke and a refined transmission/engine calibration, the new vehicle would not be worth taking the trip! Ie delay the launch and get it right the first time out of the box!

edselford

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

agree on the Ford Authority statement, they just generate content but I thought I is a good pic of the ST line. 

What is the problem with that? Not all the stuff that is posted here is important or is something that everybody cares 

2 hours ago, edselford said:

Maybe Ford is responding to the new Chevy Traverse coming out in The spring 2024?

The current base 2.3 liter with 300 hp and 310 lbs ft torque would not be competitive!

Also, Traverse looks like new good looking SUV and the revised Explorer probably did not go far enough in the mid cycle redesign, on the outside!

The Explorer product manager must be pulling out some hair right now. If the new Explorer doesn’t include the “New” 2.3 utilizing 102 mm stroke and a refined transmission/engine calibration, the new vehicle would not be worth taking the trip! Ie delay the launch and get it right the first time out of the box!

edselford

The problem with the Explorer design is not the exterior, it has been the boring and plastastic interior. If we get the Chinese interior, which has already debuted and is on sale, it should fix that issue.

The only exterior component I would change is the only black wheel arches. There higher end trims should have colored arches. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 1:57 PM, ausrutherford said:

The problem with the Explorer design is not the exterior, it has been the boring and plastastic interior. If we get the Chinese interior, which has already debuted and is on sale, it should fix that issue.

The only exterior component I would change is the only black wheel arches. There higher end trims should have colored arches. 

It's getting a new dash.

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

image.thumb.png.569370d8e032a1901477a1974e282e93.png

So that’s a no, I won’t be pleasantly surprised on the dash, and we won’t be getting the dash we should have.  And it

appears they are also removing the physical controls for the radio and  climate controls so the dash will look even cheaper than it did before.  Great job Ford!