Quitting for Education Buyout

tetrahydro

I went to Labor relations on Wednesday to inquire about Quitting and still being able to take the education buyout. I turned in My 4 year education application to labor 2 weeks ago, and mailed the other paper to dearborn saturday.

I was told that if you were to quit during the shift, you would have to complete the shift and not leave early. She suggested comming in Monday before the start of the shift and going to the general stores to get a clearance printout saying that i Owe nothing, then go back to Labor to quit.

I asked"since the education buyout offers insurance, will i be without insurance until the buyout kicks in.. she said "No, you will have no lapse of your insurance" by quitting before the buyout application deadline, you are saying that you are taking the buyout.

I think Im goin into work early monday to start my buyout then...

Take this Job and Shove it but thanks for the education :)

Edited by tetrahydro

I went to Labor relations on Wednesday to inquire about Quitting and still being able to take the education buyout. I turned in My 4 year education application to labor 2 weeks ago, and mailed the other paper to dearborn saturday.

I was told that if you were to quit during the shift, you would have to complete the shift and not leave early. She suggested comming in Monday before the start of the shift and going to the general stores to get a clearance printout saying that i Owe nothing, then go back to Labor to quit.

I asked"since the education buyout offers insurance, will i be without insurance until the buyout kicks in.. she said "No, you will have no lapse of your insurance" by quitting before the buyout application deadline, you are saying that you are taking the buyout.

I think Im goin into work early monday to start my buyout then...

Take this Job and Shove it but thanks for the education :)

I'm taking the 4 year education buyout also, but I'm curious to know what your reasoning is behind quitting instead of waiting for your buyout termination date?

Edited by ford14

• 15 years later...