2009 Ranger

I posted this on a couple boards and got mixed reactions. Just wanted to see what you guys though. Obviously, it is based on the Bronco Concept.

As much as I loved the bronco concept somehow the shape only works well as an SUV with me. You would certainly have a one of a kind truck and everybody would get to know what it is from a mile away.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like it. It even has the squareness in the front end like the first Rangers. It's a shame Ford is not adventurous enough to make fun afforable vehicles with innovative designs. Ford could certainly make it's own statement like Jeep does if they had a Bronco and a Ranger in this style. But no.. Ford only wants you to buy a conservative looking vehicle. Ford is always missing opportunities for growth and success. The original Bronco always had it's own cult appeal the way a Jeep Wrangler does. At the Charlotte auto show people had positive comments about the concepts vehicles there. The Bronco and the Shelby GT-R was there. Unfortunately the positive comments were followed with "Ford is good at building great concepts, but not real cars... Too bad they won't make it (the concepts).."

Ford has even took the "fun" look out of the Escape. If anything it looks like they are trying to raise the median age of it's buyers. By the way I do think it is ironic that Ford dumps the Bronco name (OJ) and later comes out with a vehicle named Escape...

Edited by Watchdevil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...