HVC buyouts again

ds650

we have 4 supervisors on nights for about 25 people. take some of ours.

Once again you missed the point. :finger:

My point is staffing is the first thing to change. You don't want to pay relocation money too often.

At NY 21 people signed up for the latest round of buyouts, making that much easier to combine NY, Hartford and DC.

The buyouts I am referring to are for hourly workers. They were offered at the Ontario HVC.

daryl hazel decided to offer them again. his reason was everyone was saying they screwed up not taking it and if ford offered the buy outs again they would jump at the chance. this is why they are surveying hourly to get an idea of what to present to ford as to how many and which packages. so far we only have 3 interested.

Once again you missed the point. :finger:

My point is staffing is the first thing to change. You don't want to pay relocation money too often.

At NY 21 people signed up for the latest round of buyouts, making that much easier to combine NY, Hartford and DC.

i got the point. i just want to get rid of our stupidvisors. from what i understand, the east coast would stay the same. no combining. but who knows what will happen.

Anyone know why Ford is offering HOURLY buyouts again but only to the HVC plants? Speculation: maybe they are combining HVC plants?? Hmmm...

Does anyone else have any info?

Ask your Chairperson what was said Friday in Detroit. That should end all of your speculation for awhile.

i got the point. i just want to get rid of our stupidvisors. from what i understand, the east coast would stay the same. no combining. but who knows what will happen.

Cow:

Since you call supervisors, stupidvisors you must know more about the business then them. Therefore, I have a couple of techinical questions for you, to prove you know more than they do.

How do you kill a location that does not have any parts remaining in it?

What is the difference between a 109 and a 209 opening?

If you are doing a replenishment, and you go to the reserve and the reserve is empty what do you do? What is the replenishment function on your RFT? What exception codes do you use?

These are just some basic questions. Please do not ask Paul D for the answers, I know he knows them.These questions should be answered by you to back up your stupidvisor statement.

The questions will get much harder as we go along.

Edited by partsisparts

Cow:

Since you call supervisors, stupidvisors you must know more about the business then them. Therefore, I have a couple of techinical questions for you, to prove you know more than they do.

If you are doing a replenishment, and you go to the reserve and the reserve is empty what do you do? What is the replenishment function on your RFT? What exception codes do you use?

These are just some basic questions. Please do not ask Paul D for the answers, I know he knows them.These questions should be answered by you to back up your stupidvisor statement.

your right they aren't stupid, but who is Paul D. ?

Cow:

Sounds to me that you took offense to Cowtown's remarks. Why is that are you one of them?

Cow:

I will back Cowtown on the fact that at one time there was a Supervisor in Ft. Worth that did not know how to create a move document.

Paul D???????

Here are the answers to your questions.

QR then KR

109- 1/2 opening

209-full pallet

Check screen, the same as above QR the KR

B14...... KR, QR, AR

2+2 for the most part, is 4

Edited by texas30

blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!

they are offering buyouts again for a couple of reasons.

1- to make room for ACH transfers (there are plenty of them)

2- there are going to be shift changes (the eventual combination of both shifts, or in the least an overlap) creating hardships for a lot of people.

offering buyouts again gives people that cannot work the new hours a chance to split. there was a lot of angst over the fact that these issues were not made public back when the first round of buyouts was offered. therefore they offered them again.

thanks for the pissing contest though. you guys are brilliant!!!!! :ohsnap:

I will back Cowtown on the fact that at one time there was a Supervisor in Ft. Worth that did not know how to create a move document.

Paul D???????

Here are the answers to your questions.

QR then KR

109- 1/2 opening

209-full pallet

Check screen, the same as above QR the KR

B14...... KR, QR, AR

2+2 for the most part, is 4

Close.

You are incorrect regarding the opening size. A 109 and a 209 are both full pallet openings, just the 109 is in bin and the 209 is in bulk.

To kill a location without parts in it you cut a move and pick zero. That kills the location.

Yes, I am a former suprervisor, I now am working for a different company. But I take offense to the word stupidvisors, as when I worked as a supervisor, my primary fuction was to fix the mistakes made by hourlies.

I know some supervisors do not know what they are doing, but, most do. Just like hourlies.

Edited by partsisparts

Close.

You are incorrect regarding the opening size. A 109 and a 209 are both full pallet openings, just the 109 is in bin and the 209 is in bulk.

To kill a location without parts in it you cut a move and pick zero. That kills the location.

Yes, I am a former suprervisor, I now am working for a different company. But I take offense to the word stupidvisors, as when I worked as a supervisor, my primary fuction was to fix the mistakes made by hourlies.

I know some supervisors do not know what they are doing, but, most do. Just like hourlies.

If you work for a different company then maybe you should stay on thier forum and stay off of ours. PLEASE.

Close.

i rest my case. the word after primary says it all.

Close.

Not trying to get into a pissing match here (its not important enough to me) but while a 109 might be a large bin opening, there is no such thing as a full pallet opening in the mezzanine (msp?) where I work. Also, you do not have to cut a move to kill a location, but :shrug: you say.

As for supervisors, I have seen many come and go. Some good, some bad. The problem (IMO) is that to many factors play into how people in management move up at Ford these days, with very few of those factors based on who is the best person for the job.

As for supervisors, I have seen many come and go. Some good, some bad. The problem (IMO) is that to many factors play into how people in management move up at Ford these days, with very few of those factors based on who is the best person for the job.

You are 100% right . Sometimes it makes management wonder too...

Edited by partsisparts