4.6L in 2001 Sport Trac

All,

I've never been pleased with the power available from the 4.0 V6 in my 2001 Sport Trac. Since they put a 4.6 in 01 Explorers, could it be swapped over easily (bolt in) to Sport Tracs? Do you know of anyone who has done this swap? Also, what about the technology put forward for the 4.6 supercharged Adrenaline? Is any of that available for usage? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

All,

I've never been pleased with the power available from the 4.0 V6 in my 2001 Sport Trac. Since they put a 4.6 in 01 Explorers, could it be swapped over easily (bolt in) to Sport Tracs? Do you know of anyone who has done this swap? Also, what about the technology put forward for the 4.6 supercharged Adrenaline? Is any of that available for usage? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Others may have better info, and I'm sure they'll correct me if I'm wrong. Your '01 ST is based on the Ranger (I worked at TCAP) and the '01 Explorer moved to a new slightly larger chassis that year ending it's Ranger based blood line. Only in '06 or '07 did the ST go to the Explorer Chassis. I don't believe your engine bay is wide enough for the 4.6. I've seen big engines stuffed into Pintos, so anything can be done, but it definately is NOT a bolt in procedure.

Boegey