Random Quality Check??????

Buyer2008

I ordered a 2008 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4 Diesel back in late June. It was originally due to arrive 17 August. The date then shifted to 15 August. I was later given 20 August inspite of the fact that the assembly plant was closed for a week beginning August 6th (my build date). I was assured that it would STILL arrive as scheduled. Numerous calls from dealer to Ford resulted in the Ford contact not knowing WHAT happened to my truck. Last week I was told it was shipping and would be here THIS week. Today I am told that Ford finally found my truck and it has been randomly pulled for a quality control check. I can expect my truck in 7-10 days from now!!!!!!!!!

Does any of this make ANY sense to anyone that is in the know in Louisville? Something is not right here.....

I am beyond frustrated now with this $50K purchase.

I ordered a 2008 F-250 Lariat CC 4x4 Diesel back in late June. It was originally due to arrive 17 August. The date then shifted to 15 August. I was later given 20 August inspite of the fact that the assembly plant was closed for a week beginning August 6th (my build date). I was assured that it would STILL arrive as scheduled. Numerous calls from dealer to Ford resulted in the Ford contact not knowing WHAT happened to my truck. Last week I was told it was shipping and would be here THIS week. Today I am told that Ford finally found my truck and it has been randomly pulled for a quality control check. I can expect my truck in 7-10 days from now!!!!!!!!!

Does any of this make ANY sense to anyone that is in the know in Louisville? Something is not right here.....

I am beyond frustrated now with this $50K purchase.

I would consider you lucky. A random quality check may save you warranty repair inconveniences in the long run. I dont think they pulled it because there was quality issue. If that was the case then I would be concerned/frustrated. Unless you NEED the truck right away, then I would just sit tight and enjoy the day that you pick it up. Good luck.