2009 Mazda 6

OHV 16V

Here's a first look at the U.S. version of the new Mazda 6. I loved the look of the European version that just came out, but I must say I find the U.S. version rather ugly next to it. I'm very disappointed....

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...1023/LATESTNEWS

You do realize they are the exact same cars with just a few minor trim changes???

Hi Blueblood! Same cars? Yes. Same front and rear fascias? No. I think the Euro version looks a lot sportier with it's different grille, taillights, and slightly different headlamp treatment. They are subtle differences, but to my personal tastes, it makes a BIG difference. Just my personal preference. Styling is always, of course, subjective.

Edited by OHV 16V

Hi Blueblood! Same cars? Yes. Same front and rear fascias? No. I think the Euro version looks a lot sportier with it's different grille, taillights, and slightly different headlamp treatment. They are subtle differences, but to my personal tastes, it makes a BIG difference. Just my personal preference. Styling is always, of course, subjective.

The good part of trim stuff is you can always buy the parts off the euro car and swap them out, I'm planning on putting the Euro grill and headlights on my Focus as they are a direct swap.

Hell yeah brother, that should look pretty sweet! I like the Euro Focus styling, I wish ours had copied it even though we couldn't get the actual car just yet.

You do bring up a good point though, and that's the fact with Ford building a lot more "global" vehicles, the part-swapping will be both more plentiful and that much easier. One of my friends is currently curious about swapping the U.K. Ranger's grille for his own, and he's looking into what's all involved buying the piece and gettin' it done...