1999 Navigator woes

I recently purchased a 1999 lincoln navigator with the 5.4l DOHC engine. About 200 miles after driving it off the used car lot it started to stumble while going down the road. I called the car lot and he forgot to mention it needed a coil pack. That was fine as I replaced #8 coil pack because according to Check Engine Light the #8 cylinder had a misfire. I've recently replaced all 8 coil packs because of random misfire codes on different cylinders. I'm so confused as to what could be causing my problem. I love my navigator and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. My father has told me to put fuel injection cleaner in it which i've done and it helped for a little while but it was still skipping during this time just not nearly as bad. Just yesterday it threw a #8 misfire code again and I took the cover off of the valve covers to get access to the coil pack. There was moisture in this area. I started the truck and looked for coolant leaks and the like but haven't found any. My mechanic says it could be a wide range of things. I guess i'm just trying to figure out if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone might know what it could be. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Michael

Edited by Phantomnavi

• 2 weeks later...