Daytona Coupe

DUCKRACER

I don't have the computer skills to put a picture of one up, but I think it is one of the most beautiful cars in the world. Carrol Shelby built 6 of them in 1964 and won the FIA Championship.

I know there was of prototype of a "modern" Daytona Coupe a few years ago, but it was not as beautiful as the original.

Maybe 'Ol Shel would give his blessing (for a phenominal fee, I am sure) to build them.

Maybe base it on one of the Austrailian RWD 4-wheel independent suspension frames and give it a small V-8 (the original was only 289 cu/in.) and a six speed manual. Keep it kind of minimalistic without a lot of electronic gizmos in the interior. Keep the cost down by not using the aluminum block DOHC 4.6 but rather something like a naturally aspirated 4.6L 3valve or maybe an EcoBoost V6. The superformance cars are nice, but i think a Ford factory built Daytona Coupe could be made for a lot less than they cost.

If you can keep the weight down, it should get good gas mileage at freeway speeds in 6th gear. Please limit the only color avalilable to Cobra Blue with white racing stripes.

Remember, Henry J. founded FOMOCO with money he made winning and outomobile race racing, right?

Well you did say this was a "FORD WISH LIST FORUM".

First

On

Race

Day

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I don't have the computer skills to put a picture of one up, but I think it is one of the most beautiful cars in the world. Carrol Shelby built 6 of them in 1964 and won the FIA Championship.

I know there was of prototype of a "modern" Daytona Coupe a few years ago, but it was not as beautiful as the original.

Maybe 'Ol Shel would give his blessing (for a phenominal fee, I am sure) to build them.

Maybe base it on one of the Austrailian RWD 4-wheel independent suspension frames and give it a small V-8 (the original was only 289 cu/in.) and a six speed manual. Keep it kind of minimalistic without a lot of electronic gizmos in the interior. Keep the cost down by not using the aluminum block DOHC 4.6 but rather something like a naturally aspirated 4.6L 3valve or maybe an EcoBoost V6. The superformance cars are nice, but i think a Ford factory built Daytona Coupe could be made for a lot less than they cost.

If you can keep the weight down, it should get good gas mileage at freeway speeds in 6th gear. Please limit the only color avalilable to Cobra Blue with white racing stripes.

Remember, Henry J. founded FOMOCO with money he made winning and outomobile race racing, right?

Well you did say this was a "FORD WISH LIST FORUM".

First

On

Race

Day

look up the GR1 concept-i think youll be quite pleased although ford will never build it.