Sterling people 228

QueenB228

Guys/Gals of local 228. We need to understand that for some reason we are not being supported by our union (committe :reading: ) right now for some reason. Management is running a muck and running all over us and we still don't have a local contract! In all my 21 yrs here at sterling I have never seen such "CHAOS".

People getting so much time off. People who don't ussually get in trouble. You know not the usual suspects.

I hope Dave comes back soon. Because regardless of what other people post none of this stuff was going on when he was here!

All I am saying is cover your own butts because nobody else is! :finger:

Guys/Gals of local 228. We need to understand that for some reason we are not being supported by our union (committe :reading: ) right now for some reason. Management is running a muck and running all over us and we still don't have a local contract! In all my 21 yrs here at sterling I have never seen such "CHAOS".

People getting so much time off. People who don't ussually get in trouble. You know not the usual suspects.

I hope Dave comes back soon. Because regardless of what other people post none of this stuff was going on when he was here!

All I am saying is cover your own butts because nobody else is! :finger:

GREAT POST JOANNE, YEAH OUR UNION IS TOO BUSY FIXING THE MESS OUR PAST CHAIRMAN LEFT THEM TO CLEAN UP.

THANK GOD THEY ARE ON THE JOB BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH ABOUT LAYOFFS WITHOUT THE PAST CHAIRMAN.

HAIL NEIL YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB NEIL WALLYN KEEP IT UP EVEN IF DAVE GETS JEALOUS AS HELL. WE APPRECIATE YOU NEIL.

from what i hear, they are just enforcing the rules that are contractual and other plants have been working by all this time, the time where sterling is a country club is over. welcome to the real world.

from what i hear, they are just enforcing the rules that are contractual and other plants have been working by all this time, the time where sterling is a country club is over. welcome to the real world.

I completely agree. I just want a job and work for 40 hours.

I am just sick of Dooley's friends (thugs) in the plant everyday talk about how bad of a job Neil Wallyn and Jeff Terry are doing.

I understand a little bit about politics. I do feel for Dave Dooley and his health and really do wish him well soon. But how bad can I feel for a guy who is being more political when he is gone from the plant than when he was here. He has his appointees kicking the guys who are taking over for him in the ass all over the plant. Thats pathetic, these appointees should be removed for that.

Although, I feel the need to get the point out about how Dave really is as Chairman and what kind of situation he left Neil,Jeff and the rest of us in.

First.....Dave knew he was sick for 4 months before he went on medical. Dave did not come to work for the last 2-3 months from what I am told. He did get paid 12/7 and 8 or 10 on Saturday and Sunday for those months. Not that I care but it's the point.

Second....Durning that time Dave knew that the issues were growing in the plant, Local Contract, JSP, Reduction of Union Reps.,Notfilling appointed jobs, loss of work and he choose not to act on any of it so when Neil was on his own he would look like shit. Then he tells all the people he appointed to go out and bash Neil and Jeff. I know I was one person who they got the word to. I am telling everyone.

Third, If it's true and Neil and Jeff did get all the work back that was lost a year ago, I will say no more about it.

I am from Missouri and you have to show me. If the work comes back, I think, I seen enough to know the diffrence between shit and shinola.

Third, If you have'nt been here 228elec, I promise you I am not telling any fibbs. This asshole wants to talk about dividing a union? I just have to let people know the truth.

Anyway, I am more excited about the work if it comes back, thats great news.

The real world yes. But without a local contract management really has no bounderies. They are making up the shit as they go.

I am just sick of Dooley's friends (thugs) in the plant everyday talk about how bad of a job Neil Wallyn and Jeff Terry are doing.

I understand a little bit about politics. I do feel for Dave Dooley and his health and really do wish him well soon. But how bad can I feel for a guy who is being more political when he is gone from the plant than when he was here. He has his appointees kicking the guys who are taking over for him in the ass all over the plant. Thats pathetic, these appointees should be removed for that.

Although, I feel the need to get the point out about how Dave really is as Chairman and what kind of situation he left Neil,Jeff and the rest of us in.

First.....Dave knew he was sick for 4 months before he went on medical. Dave did not come to work for the last 2-3 months from what I am told. He did get paid 12/7 and 8 or 10 on Saturday and Sunday for those months. Not that I care but it's the point.

Second....Durning that time Dave knew that the issues were growing in the plant, Local Contract, JSP, Reduction of Union Reps.,Notfilling appointed jobs, loss of work and he choose not to act on any of it so when Neil was on his own he would look like shit. Then he tells all the people he appointed to go out and bash Neil and Jeff. I know I was one person who they got the word to. I am telling everyone.

Third, If it's true and Neil and Jeff did get all the work back that was lost a year ago, I will say no more about it.

I am from Missouri and you have to show me. If the work comes back, I think, I seen enough to know the diffrence between shit and shinola.

Third, If you have'nt been here 228elec, I promise you I am not telling any fibbs. This asshole wants to talk about dividing a union? I just have to let people know the truth.

Honestly Eagle. Why do you feel the need to defend everything that Jeff and Neil do? That's all you ever talk about in your posts! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, YAWN. :blah: Tell me what is missing in your life that you need to talk about?

C'mon get it all out! Did you not get asked to the prom when you were younger, or all you got was hand me down clothes from your older siblings? What!

I know my life is screwed up! At least I'm willing to admit it! :sos:

Anyone who would call Sterling a country club never threw an axle.

The problem is that our committee people have stopped fighting for the brothers and sisters on the floor. With districts smaller than they've ever been before, I guess it's not worth the trouble to get their lazy asses off their chairs and represent anybody. That would cut into their time to call themselves EAGLE and post all day on the forum.

It's a lot easier I guess to run back to Neil Wallyn's office and ask what to do. Then maybe write a grievance that Wallyn will never do anything about.

The rules have always been enforced by management since I've worked at Sterling. I don't know what you're talking about.

I'd say the hardest working people Ford employs, work at sterling.

[OR>>>>>sit their ass at home on medical"DAVE DOOLEY" and write this bullshit in this forum. if ur saying that these guys up in the room dont do SHIT, than guess what??? they probably learned it from YOU!!!!!

quote name=unionguy963' date='Oct 29 2008, 12:32 AM' post='419746]

The problem is that our committee people have stopped fighting for the brothers and sisters on the floor. With districts smaller than they've ever been before, I guess it's not worth the trouble to get their lazy asses off their chairs and represent anybody. That would cut into their time to call themselves EAGLE and post all day on the forum.

It's a lot easier I guess to run back to Neil Wallyn's office and ask what to do. Then maybe write a grievance that Wallyn will never do anything about.

The rules have always been enforced by management since I've worked at Sterling. I don't know what you're talking about.

[OR>>>>>sit their ass at home on medical"DAVE DOOLEY" and write this bullshit in this forum. if ur saying that these guys up in the room dont do SHIT, than guess what??? they probably learned it from YOU!!!!!

quote name=unionguy963' date='Oct 29 2008, 12:32 AM' post='419746]

You said it best Axle Man. Now we are getting to the truth.

We may run back to talk to Neil but ain't that his job? At least Neil is there to run back to. Dave was never at work or never answers his phone. He would leave his voice mail full so people could not leave messages. Dave would not let us hang the seniority list because his name was on top of the list and he did not want people knowing he has almost 50 years seniority.

Dave the more lies you tell on here the more of the truth I am going to tell on you. It would seem so is everyone else.

Edited by TheEagle

geuss you've never worked anywhere else than sterling. nobody hardly ever got wrote up for scrap, hardly anyone got wrote up for coming in late everyday, everybody has at least one chair to sit in, you go to anyother ford plant that enforces the rules and you wouldn't last a week. how can we go for years with only 80% of the people showing up daily, and no one gets fired? country club, thats how...

You said it best Axle Man. Now we are getting to the truth.

We may run back to talk to Neil but ain't that his job? At least Neil is there to run back to. Dave was never at work or never answers his phone. He would leave his voice mail full so people could not leave messages. Dave would not let us hang the seniority list because his name was on top of the list and he did not want people knowing he has almost 50 years seniority.

Dave the more lies you tell on here the more of the truth I am going to tell on you. It would seem so is everyone else.

Now we are getting to the truth!!!

As a matter of fact, NO, it's not Neil's job tobe there for you to run back to. You were elected to represent the people in your district. Neil is there to handle the grievances that you can't win and negociate things like the local agreement hat we don't have...

If you feel like you've been left in a mess, it's a mess you've created for yourself. Nobody is in charge of your district but you. You do have a contract you could open up every once in a while and actually make an arguement for the people you're supposed to be representing. Instead, you run back to Neil who tells you, just write a grievance and I'll handle it, and the it sits there for years until right before an election.

Face it, he's got you by the balls because you're to lazy or scared to do the job you were elected to do. He can make you look real good or real bad right before an election, when he decides to finally deal with our grievances. That's why your lips are locked on his ass. Aside from actually doing your job and getting reelected on your own merit, the only way you keep your elected position, is if Neil decides to take care of you. In the mean time everybody on the floor gets their ass kicked so somebody, who probabley was working for the country buffet before they got their job at Sterling, can feel like the boss.

But that's o.k. Eagle....keep posting all day and don't do what you were elected to do...Neil will take care of you...Hail Neil...

Now we are getting to the truth!!!

As a matter of fact, NO, it's not Neil's job tobe there for you to run back to. You were elected to represent the people in your district. Neil is there to handle the grievances that you can't win and negociate things like the local agreement hat we don't have...

If you feel like you've been left in a mess, it's a mess you've created for yourself. Nobody is in charge of your district but you. You do have a contract you could open up every once in a while and actually make an arguement for the people you're supposed to be representing. Instead, you run back to Neil who tells you, just write a grievance and I'll handle it, and the it sits there for years until right before an election.

Face it, he's got you by the balls because you're to lazy or scared to do the job you were elected to do. He can make you look real good or real bad right before an election, when he decides to finally deal with our grievances. That's why your lips are locked on his ass. Aside from actually doing your job and getting reelected on your own merit, the only way you keep your elected position, is if Neil decides to take care of you. In the mean time everybody on the floor gets their ass kicked so somebody, who probabley was working for the country buffet before they got their job at Sterling, can feel like the boss.

But that's o.k. Eagle....keep posting all day and don't do what you were elected to do...Neil will take care of you...Hail Neil...

I'm sorry Dave did you mean the 400, 2.5 stage grievances you been sitting on until next election time so you can look like a hero?

The same greivances that I have to tell everyone in my district that I don't know what's going on with them, talk to dave it's in his stage!

You mean those grievances?

Edited by TheEagle

Honestly Eagle. Why do you feel the need to defend everything that Jeff and Neil do? That's all you ever talk about in your posts! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, YAWN. :blah: Tell me what is missing in your life that you need to talk about?

C'mon get it all out! Did you not get asked to the prom when you were younger, or all you got was hand me down clothes from your older siblings? What!

I know my life is screwed up! At least I'm willing to admit it! :sos:

I am sorry about your life, wish I could help. I am willing to admit I do not know everything. I am just on the wall like a fly. I have been seeing what is going on and I do not like what HAS been going on. It is also the reason I have to tell the truth on a few people.

Jeff should have done a hand count, I blasted him about that. Neil did not speak at all on the bylaw, that means he is riding a fence. I do not like that.

I see these two people as the guys who are going to eventually lead us out of this shit the smartest way with the memberships best interests at heart. I am not in favor of the "OLD SCHOOL" way of doing things anymore, times have changed. The company does not respond to "OLD SCHOOL" tactics anymore.

That is why you see Dave lose work and Neil gain work. Classic example. But I am sick of giving factual examples for you to twist.

Maybe for lunch you could polish my helmet when is your lunch break? That is what I am missing.

Edited by TheEagle

to your first point wish dave speedy recovery,second dave cares about dave i have never seen someone as political in the plant or not in the plant he's good at stalling on the issues .

Are you kidding me? That club has been gone for a long time. Or maybe your question alludes to eliminating trades altogether and hiring contractors, in which case you are ignorant and deserve to have your job "displaced" by a tradesman with seniority.

It has? Most of the people in office are Tradesmen of one sort or another. I am not for getting rid of tradesmen on the floor.

Are you kidding me? That club has been gone for a long time. Or maybe your question alludes to eliminating trades altogether and hiring contractors, in which case you are ignorant and deserve to have your job "displaced" by a tradesman with seniority.

[/quote no, i'm not kidding you the club i was refering to is alive an well from were i and many others stand , and i'm not for getting rid of trades on the floor .just in the offices they hold the trades first club has to go production counts too :reading: :boring: :boring: :reading:

if i remember right, all positions that you guys are referring to that is held by tradesmen, are held by tradesmen that have been elected, no shady stuff, just happened to be the people at that time that wanted the position and the members of the local voted for them because they feel they were the best for the job. anybody can run if they wanted to, just not many want to that would do a good job.

if i remember right, all positions that you guys are referring to that is held by tradesmen, are held by tradesmen that have been elected, no shady stuff, just happened to be the people at that time that wanted the position and the members of the local voted for them because they feel they were the best for the job. anybody can run if they wanted to, just not many want to that would do a good job.

I can not disagree on that one 228. I just do not want Dave as our Chairman or Pres.

I am not even that happy about Neil being the only one who is behind Dave to take the job. I feel like the only two guys we have in production who really know thier stuff and have real experience is Tony V and Jeff T. I feel like one of them should be chairman.

They both have the experience and they both would make a great Chairman.

I can not disagree on that one 228. I just do not want Dave as our Chairman or Pres.

I am not even that happy about Neil being the only one who is behind Dave to take the job. I feel like the only two guys we have in production who really know thier stuff and have real experience is Tony V and Jeff T. I feel like one of them should be chairman.

They both have the experience and they both would make a great Chairman.

I cannot understand why you (and some others) are so hell bent on dividing this union more than it has to be. Most of Sterlings tradespeople ARE from production. People tend not to forget where they come from.

Bottom line - the most qualified person for said job should have that job, regardless of what there last classification was. I will not go into detail of why many trades hold positions; 228electrician has already tried explaining some basic facts, which was then taken and twisted into "trades thinks production people are dumb."

Remember - Divided We Beg!

I cannot understand why you (and some others) are so hell bent on dividing this union more than it has to be. Most of Sterlings tradespeople ARE from production. People tend not to forget where they come from.

Bottom line - the most qualified person for said job should have that job, regardless of what there last classification was. I will not go into detail of why many trades hold positions; 228electrician has already tried explaining some basic facts, which was then taken and twisted into "trades thinks production people are dumb."

Remember - Divided We Beg!

I am not Hell Bent on anything. I simply find it bullshit that people with 45 years seniority are running our union. Not my fault they are trades. All I was saying, to 228 elecs point is that all we had in Production who are even ready for that job are those two guys.

I did not twist what he wrote. 228elec could have used better words without offending us lowly Production workers.

I like reading 228 elec posts he has some very good points on this site.

I just do not agree with what has been going on for the past year.

Appointments,Elected Reps,JSP,No Information etc... These guys win unapposed and with their 45 years seniority they don't have to care anymore. Then they set up the rest of the elected people (who are young) to make them look like complete shit but when Dave gets back get ready for all the good news so he can look like a hero. I am disgusted by it and it is not supposed to be this way.

So tell me who is really dividing our union?

1. Us, because we have told the truth about what we know on BOF.

2. Dave, because he gives us so much to talk about.

3. You, because, you view it as division if we are not all in lock step with the Chairman and his cronies.

Their "what can anyone do to me I can retire" attitude just pisses me off and it's time for a change so we can hold people accoutable.

I am not Hell Bent on anything. I simply find it bullshit that people with 45 years seniority are running our union. Not my fault they are trades. All I was saying, to 228 elecs point is that all we had in Production who are even ready for that job are those two guys.

I did not twist what he wrote. 228elec could have used better words without offending us lowly Production workers.

Appointments,Elected Reps,JSP,No Information etc... These guys win unapposed and with their 45 years seniority they don't have to care anymore. Then they set up the rest of the elected people (who are young) to make them look like complete shit but when Dave gets back get ready for all the good news so he can look like a hero. I am disgusted by it and it is not supposed to be this way.

3. You, because, you view it as division if we are not all in lock step with the Chairman and his cronies.

Their "what can anyone do to me I can retire" attitude just pisses me off and it's time for a change so we can hold people accoutable.

i could not agree more not all trsdes are useless just the ones in office , they don't care because they can retire anytime . we need accountability , how does it help people on the floor if our reps. and appointees haven't worked on the floor in over10 years some even more, they forget who they are supposed to represent .

I disagree...

Every time some one has an opinion that doesn't go along with the propoganda you spew, you attack them.

For the record, I hope Dave makes it back to finish out his term. Do I think he will continue working after that??? Probabley not. The guy is battling for his life, not taking of a "sore throat". Dave has years of dedicated service to this membership and unappreciative people like you would be better served by doing what you think you can do to bring about the change you think is needed, instead of attacking people who are off on medical. Say what you're saying now to the people on the floor when you're trying to get elected...you won't have a snowballs chance in hell.

Do the trades have more education than most people on the floor???? Yes

Does that make them any smarter than anyone else??? No

They were educated and trained to do their specific job, which allows are factory to stay running. No one is lowly. Everyone shows up to work for the same reason...for our families. Since we're all doing the same thing for the same reason, I'd say we're all just the same.

You know you're like a little kid that keeps on saying, I want, I want, I want....

You want to lead...be a leader

You want to represent...learn the contract

You want to be a better member...learn the constitution

You want to get more accomplished at the union meetings...learn Robert's rules

History has proven that people like you can get elected, and it happens all the time. But what good will you ever be able to do for us, when all you know is what you want?????