Hate chrome package

exbauer

I have a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited and don't like the chrome package that comes standard. Sombody bumped into my front license plate parking and the middle pillar at the bottom is showing stress marks. It looks like it is cracked, but isn't. I checked out one without the chrome package and it more flexible and not rigid. I like the look of the monochrome instead of the chrome. But, with the Limited it is not an option.

I have a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited and don't like the chrome package that comes standard. Sombody bumped into my front license plate parking and the middle pillar at the bottom is showing stress marks. It looks like it is cracked, but isn't. I checked out one without the chrome package and it more flexible and not rigid. I like the look of the monochrome instead of the chrome. But, with the Limited it is not an option.

Back in February, when I was looking at 2008 configurations prior to the availability before the pricing guide for the 2009's, I too skipped the Chrome Package and might have been just as happy if the 2009 FEHL didn't include it. I've grown accustom to it now, probably because I don't see it so much when I'm inside the vehicle.

The other odd thing about the 2008 Chrome Package was that it was the only way to get color-matching door handles.

Keep us posted on how much it cost to get that "issue" resolved.

I am not going to get it fixed. I live in Chicago and street parking is inevitable. It will just happen again. I am just waiting for the day for it to fully crack...knock on wood that doesn't happen. When that time comes and it is really bad. I will just get request to get the regular bumper without the chrome.

It only took 2 days for my new car to get scratched. I watched a guy park his car behind me and dig his license plate into my rear bumper. It left 2 marks on the rear bumper.

One thing that I hate on cars are black mirrors and door handles if the car isn't black.