Additional/Unexpected Invoice Charges?

fehl_finally

Our FEHL arrived this week but we haven't picked it up because they have charged $1200 more than our original order. In another thread I see that quite a few other people who placed orders before Aug. 1st have been wrongly overcharged also. We have informed the dealer of this and are waiting their decision/investigation. However, has anybody encountered other unexpected charges on their invoice? I expcted to see the usual gas, FDAF Assessment, D&D, and of course tax/title/license. But the new invoice also has a "Doc Fee" of $75. Anybody else have this? Is my dealer just trying to squeeze us for every penny or is this charge normal? I read quite a few people who paid the exact price that was quoted on their original Vehicle Order Confirmation, but not us!

Our FEHL arrived this week but we haven't picked it up because they have charged $1200 more than our original order. In another thread I see that quite a few other people who placed orders before Aug. 1st have been wrongly overcharged also. We have informed the dealer of this and are waiting their decision/investigation. However, has anybody encountered other unexpected charges on their invoice? I expcted to see the usual gas, FDAF Assessment, D&D, and of course tax/title/license. But the new invoice also has a "Doc Fee" of $75. Anybody else have this? Is my dealer just trying to squeeze us for every penny or is this charge normal? I read quite a few people who paid the exact price that was quoted on their original Vehicle Order Confirmation, but not us!

The "Doc Fee" sounds like the dealer processing fee which is not mandatory and varies by state. Also, this should not be present on the actual invoice.

However, an increase in the cost of the vehicle between order and delivery is possible.

Good luck!

Ask the dealer if they plan to file a Price Protection Claim after you pick up the vehicle and pocket the $1200 instead of charging you the original price.

My dealer tried to pull that little "trick" until I set the Virginia Attorney General "pit bulls" on him. Next thing you know, I'm paying the April 21 price, not the the October 21 price.

Ask the dealer if they plan to file a Price Protection Claim after you pick up the vehicle and pocket the $1200 instead of charging you the original price.

My dealer tried to pull that little "trick" until I set the Virginia Attorney General "pit bulls" on him. Next thing you know, I'm paying the April 21 price, not the the October 21 price.

I'm glad you mentioned that. The AG's office was definitely my next plan of attack. I'll know tomorrow what the dealer decides to do. Did you pick up your vehicle and then file the AG complaint? Or did the AG step in quickly enough that it could be resolved before you pulled off the lot?

I'm glad you mentioned that. The AG's office was definitely my next plan of attack. I'll know tomorrow what the dealer decides to do. Did you pick up your vehicle and then file the AG complaint? Or did the AG step in quickly enough that it could be resolved before you pulled off the lot?

UPDATE: Today the dealership agreed to the original price from when we ordered in June. It took a lot of pushing, so anybody who ordered before Aug 1st and is being told their price went up, make sure you push for the original price. It is price protected up until Aug. 1st. We're picking it up tomorrow and will only have to pay a $75 Doc fee (we are x-plan).